Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bonus Ecstatic Peace compilation with Thurston CD (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=16575)

Moshe 09.24.2007 11:33 AM

Bonus Ecstatic Peace compilation with Thurston CD

A sampler with 9 songs from EP artists is available for free when you buy Thurston's album in some stores. This compilation includes a non-album track by Thurston Moore called "Marika".
I hope the order I placed today on www.ecstaticpeace.com includes bonus CD.

sonicl 09.24.2007 11:48 AM

I don't think I've ever thanked you for the excellent service that you provide, have I, Moshe?

Thank you.

Jef Mertens 09.24.2007 12:51 PM

I think that the 'Marika' song might be the song I edited and is at the Ecstatic Peace Thurston's page. Funny!

sonicl 09.24.2007 01:19 PM

It's probably also the bonus track on the vinyl edition.

Georgekrz 09.24.2007 05:41 PM

hum i hope this is the one thats on sale on wednesday.

rappard 09.25.2007 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I don't think I've ever thanked you for the excellent service that you provide, have I, Moshe?

Thank you.

Seconded! If it wasn't for you I'd miss out on a lot of stuff. Going by the number of posts on this board: do your kids actually know who you are or do they think you're just some random passing stranger who occasionally changes their diapers? :D

Edit: actually sonicl has far more posts - then again, he probably doesn't have kids. :D Hey, did I forget to insult anyone?

Moshe 09.25.2007 08:41 AM

Thanks sonicl and rapaard. I appreciate that.
I sometimes feel that some of the exciting news and updates that I post here get buried down too fast. The John Agnello interview for example got only 6 replies. :(

Oh and rappard I don't have that many posts here... and what kids are you talking about? :)

Moshe 09.25.2007 09:01 AM

I already ordered my copy from the ecstatic peace website but if you buy TOTA here you get the free sampler too.

sonicl 09.25.2007 09:32 AM

If any of the decent UK online stores (Volcanic Tongue / Second Layer / Boomkat) have the bonus CD, they're keeping very quiet about it.

Moshe 09.25.2007 12:05 PM

Well, it is getting more complicated. It seems that some of the CDs have an extra CD ROM track on them....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trees-Outsid...139403-7384715

Kesin, can you clear up things for us completists?

sonicl 09.25.2007 03:17 PM

I wonder if that's the vid that's on the promo?

Anyway, I already have the promo of the CD, plus a proper copy and the vinyl on order.

I'M NOT BUYING ANY BLOODY MORE, MOORE!!!!

Danny Himself 09.25.2007 04:05 PM

What vid is on the promo?

sonicl 09.25.2007 04:11 PM

The promo one that's on Ecstatic Peace.

PAULYBEE2656 09.26.2007 05:40 AM

balls. its not with my copy or with any copies that came into my local shops.

The Usher 09.26.2007 09:07 AM

hey, someone just upload the song "Marika", and then I can stop being annoyed that I bought my copy from hmv without the sampler cd...

skipvacuum 09.26.2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Usher
hey, someone just upload the song "Marika", and then I can stop being annoyed that I bought my copy from hmv without the sampler cd...

i agree,i wrote ecstatic peace asking if i bought the cd again,would they enclose the sampler.....no reply...so yeah i'd appreciate if anyone has it to put it up somewhere

Georgekrz 09.27.2007 12:05 AM

Just came back from N 6th, I can confirm that they had samplers there if you bought the new cd, ($11), also a whole bunch of other cds for sale, and t shirts for $15.

greenlight 09.27.2007 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgekrz
Just came back from N 6th, I can confirm that they had samplers there if you bought the new cd, ($11), also a whole bunch of other cds for sale, and t shirts for $15.

shirt? what shirt?

Georgekrz 09.27.2007 09:38 AM

ok I meant the shirts at the concert. Its the album cover art with Ecstatic Peace Logo, also I think 4 other desings, all same price 15 bucks. I did not get one though.

here you can see track listing of the cd: http://bp3.blogger.com/_-Ji5_E3m9Ps/...each-+Back.jpg

also like I mentioned if you go to the concert you also get a free poster, 8x14, album cover art on front and the letter re: Suicide on the back (the one thats in the cd booklet).

scott v 09.27.2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipvacuum
i agree,i wrote ecstatic peace asking if i bought the cd again,would they enclose the sampler.....no reply...so yeah i'd appreciate if anyone has it to put it up somewhere

You can find the "bonus" or "outtake" track on iTunes for the album, its one of those exclusive only tracks where you have to purchase the entire iTunes album to get "Marika", i listened to the sample it is different than the live version from a few years ago, its seems to be definitly from the "Trees..." Sessions because there are drums and some hints of cymbal drones, at least thats what i got from the 30 second clip. also the tracks is apparently pretty short, time is 1:42.