Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Snarky songs (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40913)

artsygrrl 08.11.2010 12:32 PM

Snarky songs

Is there a song that seems to be played at EVERY goddamn bar/karaoke bar/wedding/bar mitzvah/ etc
...that you absolutely HATE?
me:
weddings - Color My World :eek:

screamingskull 08.11.2010 01:22 PM

Queen songs?

and everybody around me always seems to know all the words when they are played, and i never know any of the words...my parents didn't listen to Queen, they listened to the Grateful Dead.. i know the words to grateful dead songs, but they don't get played at weddings

demonrail666 08.11.2010 01:30 PM

Any occasion that involves the playing of either Tina Turner's 'Simply the Best' or the Sugababes 'Here Comes the Girls'.

screamingskull 08.11.2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Any occasion that involves the playing of either Tina Turner's 'Simply the Best' or the Sugababes 'Here Comes the Girls'.

oh boy, whenever the boots advert comes on....man does that song suck...

Rob Instigator 08.11.2010 01:42 PM

at every fucking karaeoke place I ahve ever frequented

TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART. Hate that fucking song unless I am in the mood for some 4th grade reminiscing.

at every fucking party I ahve ever been to, eventually some girl will put on Me & Bobby Magee by Janis Joplin

I personally could go my entire life without ever hearing that fucking bloated shit ever again

dale_gribble 08.11.2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
i know the words to grateful dead songs, but they don't get played at weddings

usually wedding goers aren't out of their minds on acid so that may explain why.

lucyrulesok 08.11.2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART. Hate that fucking song unless I am in the mood for some 4th grade reminiscing.

best. song. ever.

automatic bzooty 08.11.2010 10:43 PM

don't stop believin' makes me nauseated. it was my graduating class' song. ugh.

Silent Dan Speaks 08.11.2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

at every fucking party I ahve ever been to, eventually some girl will put on Me & Bobby Magee by Janis Joplin

I personally could go my entire life without ever hearing that fucking bloated shit ever again

This one's for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysUjYAi0WcQ

deflinus 08.11.2010 11:58 PM

something bruce springsteen and something elton john

ann ashtray 08.12.2010 12:06 AM

Bars - the only one I semi-frequent has a "vinyl Monday", which means people bring their own records and they play them. Always an eclectic mix of punk, 60's, strange star wars disco shit., blues, 80's fun hair cheese.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a karaoke bar. I did go, ONCE, but never again. The experience boiled down to me making fun of some asshole singing along to "mother" by Danzig. I was drunk, it was funny, but not funny enough to do again. I really shoulda got my ass kicked that night. Danzig loves violence.

Weddings...only ever been to two. I hate them. The first was my dad's second wedding, I don't remember what music was played, just remember feeling cool in my little tiny tux...I was pretending to be in Miami Vice. Haha...that long ago. The second was my best friend's. I was the best man. It was outdoors and music consisted of some dude with an acoustic guitar playing Radiohead covers...it was interesting.

Guess I don't frequent said locations enough to really...I don't know...have any solid input.

ann ashtray 08.12.2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deflinus
something bruce springsteen and something elton john

That Bruce Springsteen always looks like he just got off work, even after all these years.

I think Buzz O. said this once. If he didn't, he shoulda.

Murmer99 08.12.2010 01:04 AM

that time of your life song by green day.....

ann ashtray 08.12.2010 01:06 AM

That time of my life song from dirty dancing. Thankfully, I never hear it anywhere except my apartment and that's only when there are too many people around and I'm wanting them to leave.

jon boy 08.12.2010 01:08 AM

it used to be katy perry i kissed a girl but now its lady ga ga that can fuck the fuck off.

GeneticKiss 08.12.2010 02:14 AM

Two words

SWEET CAROLINE

'Nuff said

Satan 08.12.2010 02:31 AM

anything by journey....makes me want to start stabbing people

Satan 08.12.2010 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Danzig loves violence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEehtlKVKps

artsygrrl 08.12.2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Dan Speaks

Hahahahahahahahaah
Total Eclipse = moon shots!

Torn Curtain 08.12.2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
Anything by Billy Joel. For a man that's crashed his car so many times, you'd think we'd have lucked out by now and he'd have ended up like this. Or at least had his wounds fucked by James Spader. Then, you know, infection.

Warning : do NOT click on that link the cunt who talks about his dick in 90 % of his posts put on...