Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   6 Degrees of Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=421)

marleypumpkin 03.29.2006 04:28 AM

6 Degrees of Sonic Youth

You know the game 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, well, why don't we do a therad like this for SY. If you don't know the game it goes like this;
Name any celebrity, or band you can think of, & we'll try to tell you within 6 degrees, how that person is connected or is affiliated to SY. I'll start.

Seth Green: (pretty easy)

Was in the movie "Party Monsters" w/ Maculey Culkin, who was in the music video, "Sunday" by SONIC YOUTH.

There, now you do one. :)

Soundtrax 03.29.2006 04:33 AM

godspeed you black emperor

marleypumpkin 03.29.2006 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundtrax
godspeed you black emperor

Why thank you, I think.

Soundtrax 03.29.2006 04:54 AM

hmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Why thank you, I think.

haha, didnt quite get your respose, but i wanted you to link the band "godspeed you black emperor" to the band "Sonic Youth"... what seems to be the problem? that godspeeds are not really a celebrity? :)

marleypumpkin 03.29.2006 05:06 AM

Yeah, I got a bit confused there. But, I don't know a way to the link those two. In fact I wouldn't know too many. I was hoping to learn from the responses.

silverfreepress (sdasher) 03.29.2006 05:21 AM

ok here's one, Colonel Sanders

Glice 03.29.2006 06:58 AM

GodSpeed - On constellation. Have side projects with members of NNCK. On Ecstatic Peace. Also, Godspeed have side-projects on Kranky. And I'm sure Low or some other Kranky band have toured with SY. Simple.

marleypumpkin 03.29.2006 07:11 AM

Well there you go soundtrax. Just what you were looking for.

Soundtrax 03.29.2006 07:17 AM

ok, next is pope john fucking paul the second :D ... :)

oh... just link yourself to sonic youth :) my friend has a friend who knows sonic youth in person :)

marleypumpkin 03.29.2006 07:30 AM

I saw SY in concert. That's about as much connecting I can do from me to SY.

marleypumpkin 03.29.2006 08:59 AM

Does anyone want to play this little game?

jon boy 03.29.2006 09:26 AM

colonel sanders. maybe lee ate a whole family size bucket of chicken during the recording of goo then rolled around on his big belly laughing insanely while he did it.

marleypumpkin 03.29.2006 09:33 AM

That's an interesting little connection.

top 40 squeeze 03.29.2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
colonel sanders. maybe lee ate a whole family size bucket of chicken during the recording of goo then rolled around on his big belly laughing insanely while he did it.

Haha... also

From wikipedia:

Madonna referred to the famous Kentucky Fried Chicken slogan in her 1992 song about oral sex, "Where Life Begins", singing the lines Colonel Sanders says it best/It's finger-lickin' good.

Sonic Youth covered Madonna...

Hell, yeah... I'm game.

Soundtrax 03.29.2006 09:41 AM

stil waiting for you to connect so (stupidly) called holy father pope john fucking paul the second with sonic youth ... or damn ratzinger or benedict of whatever those idiots call themselves :D i guess thurston didnt go to vatican to kiss their asses (pardon me, hands) like bono did :D , well, i still like both bono and thurston ;)

marleypumpkin 03.29.2006 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by top 40 squeeze

From wikipedia:

Madonna referred to the famous Kentucky Fried Chicken slogan in her 1992 song about oral sex, "Where Life Begins", singing the lines Colonel Sanders says it best/It's finger-lickin' good.

Sonic Youth covered Madonna...

Hell, yeah... I'm game.

That's probably the best connection will hear out of this thread.

marleypumpkin 03.29.2006 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundtrax
stil waiting for you to connect so (stupidly) called holy father pope john fucking paul the second with sonic youth

O.K., I'll make one up. While SY was recording "Catholic Block". Pope John Fucking Paul the 2nd had a "Tuff Gnarl" w/ this 12 year old boy, which gave the 12 year old boy "Schizophrenia", & the 12 year old boy happened to listen SY. Is that an wierd enough connection.

Hip Priest 03.29.2006 10:29 AM

Pope John Paul II granted an audience to Bono. Or the other way round.

Bono played at Live Aid.

So did Madonna.

Sonic Youth covered MAdonna.

I think all of these links should have to go via Madonna, and end with the words... 'Sonic Youth covered MAdonna'.

marleypumpkin 03.29.2006 10:34 AM

I hope it doesn't end up that way.

TheyLiveByNight 03.29.2006 10:41 AM

How about...

...Sonic Youth to Kevin Bacon?