Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   No Nirvana (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=21160)

keep poppin pimples 11.06.2011 10:51 AM

i'm downloading that torrent, seems good

JohnnyLurg 11.06.2011 11:47 AM

Wow, Rage Against the Machine is unbelievable in this set.

krastian 11.06.2011 02:53 PM

Speaking of Nirvana, did anyone else pick up the Super Deluxe version of Nevermind? It's fucking awesome. I know panto bought it too.

JohnnyLurg 11.06.2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Speaking of Nirvana, did anyone else pick up the Super Deluxe version of Nevermind? It's fucking awesome. I know panto bought it too.

Hmmm, I also heard that it wasn't remastered very well.

Dude McDude 11.06.2011 04:12 PM

It's all good. Thanks buddy.

stu666 11.09.2011 09:07 AM

tomorrow stu, remember....

EDIT: I'm getting my days mixed up (easy to do when you're not working) it's on Friday not tomorrow!

the ikara cult 11.09.2011 03:49 PM

was the Rage Against The Machine performance done especially for that show? Ive seen it on the internet for years, never knew what it was from.

keep poppin pimples 11.09.2011 04:33 PM

hope somebody remembers to get it since the torrent of the old rip is stalled at 26% after a few days

E. Noisefield 11.09.2011 04:47 PM

Why is it called No Nirvana?

the ikara cult 11.09.2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
hope somebody remembers to get it since the torrent of the old rip is stalled at 26% after a few days

the youtube videos still work

keep poppin pimples 11.09.2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
the youtube videos still work

yeah, i would prefer a download but if not the youtube will do

the ikara cult 11.09.2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Noisefield

Ive only watched half of it but its basically a load of rock bands from the era who arent Nirvana. hence there is no Nirvana.

stu666 11.09.2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

was the Rage Against The Machine performance done especially for that show? Ive seen it on the internet for years, never knew what it was from.

Well yeah all the performances are taken from different episodes of The Late Show and then compiled into one big special show.

stu666 11.09.2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

I think it's pretty obvious why :D

stu666 11.09.2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples

don't worry I will record it, even if I do forget on friday then it's repeated again on Sunday.

E. Noisefield 11.09.2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Ive only watched half of it but its basically a load of rock bands from the era who arent Nirvana. hence there is no Nirvana.

So it's a deliberate reference to the band?

That's funny. Nirvana had not yet achieved their pinnacle success at that time. It also seems to indicate that "Nirvana's everywhere; let's exploit that"

Really it just makes me want to hear Nirvana. Aside from Sonic Youth, and possibly Dino, Nirvana was/is better than all the other artists combined.

the ikara cult 11.09.2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

That's funny. Nirvana had not yet achieved their pinnacle success at that time. It also seems to indicate that "Nirvana's everywhere; let's exploit that"

Really it just makes me want to hear Nirvana. Aside from Sonic Youth, and possibly Dino, Nirvana was/is better than all the other artists combined.

its from 1993

stu666 11.09.2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

I think the program was first broadcast in 1993, Nirvana were pretty big then weren't they?

EDIT: Ikara got in there first

the ikara cult 11.09.2011 06:20 PM

Im sorta coming round to Dinosaur Jr.

I think this is a sign of me getting old

E. Noisefield 11.09.2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

its from 1993

Oh. Well then. I suppose it's an acceptable title in that case.

Still... it implies a sort of "Hey Nirvana's everywhere, but this shit is the real deal!" kind of attitude. But it features the Smashing Pumpkins for fuck's sake.

Whatever. Doesn't matter.