Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   any ideas on how to hang foam boards on a wall without framing them or ruining them? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=82501)

floatingslowly 12.26.2012 02:20 PM

Great stuff, as always.

Are you on drugs?

Genteel Death 12.26.2012 03:00 PM

Many thanks, good sir. I gave up drugs for longer than I can remember. I am happy with good quality cider (beer tires me) and tobacco.

Genteel Death 12.26.2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Many thanks, good sir. I gave up drugs for longer than I can remember. I am happy with good quality cider (beer tires me) and tobacco.

Not true. You drink EVERYTHING.

ALIEN ANAL 12.26.2012 09:20 PM

Awesome art works!

Nefeli 12.27.2012 08:23 AM

they are fantastic, baby! well done!!!!
wish you the best and have fun there and everywhere.

!@#$%! 12.28.2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

ah, yes!!!! at last!!!

thank you!

_slavo_ 12.28.2012 01:30 PM

oh .. i missed this thread out before

and now i see there's pictures here! pictures of Gabe's paintings! beautiful ones!

big congrats Gabe.

Genteel Death 12.29.2012 06:05 PM

Thank you!!!

Genteel Death 12.31.2012 08:05 AM

!@#$%! 12.31.2012 08:13 AM

so, my porcine friend, so i was looking at your pictures with greater calm and i had to ask if the on eon the left is morrissey-inspired. also, i think my favorite is the one on the right, the-- female figure?

anyway the new one spooks me! the furry animal inside the head gives me a body panic

okkkayyyy... let's see what you ansserr

Rob Instigator 01.02.2013 10:28 AM

Really fucking nice stuff gentlemarassss

I always tell people, even the most avant-garde imagery can look amazing in a professional environment.

Nefeli 01.03.2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

I have sold one piece to a lady today.

was it your first time selling? this must have felt awesome.
what happened to the other guy?

Genteel Death 01.31.2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
so, my porcine friend, so i was looking at your pictures with greater calm and i had to ask if the on eon the left is morrissey-inspired. also, i think my favorite is the one on the right, the-- female figure?

anyway the new one spooks me! the furry animal inside the head gives me a body panic

okkkayyyy... let's see what you ansserr

It's definitely not inspired by Morrissey, more by African costumes/ceremonial hairstyles. Do you mean the figure wthat looks like it has a head on fire? It's of non-specific gender.

Genteel Death 01.31.2013 07:35 AM

I've sold 4 off this exhibition and the rest are going on display in a new gallery in Shoreditch this weekend. More details later.

Genteel Death 01.31.2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Really fucking nice stuff gentlemarassss

I always tell people, even the most avant-garde imagery can look amazing in a professional environment.

Thanks Roberta!

Genteel Death 01.31.2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
was it your first time selling? this must have felt awesome.
what happened to the other guy?

It's not the first time I have sold them, but it was the first time I did with works I had on display in an exhibition. The other guy did fine in the end, and managed to re-print everything for a reasonably cheap price and on time.

Trama 01.31.2013 09:27 AM

Congrats.

Quote:

These two stand out imo. My favourite is the latter.

gast30 01.31.2013 09:35 AM

looks good genteel death

!@#$%! 01.31.2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

It's definitely not inspired by Morrissey, more by African costumes/ceremonial hairstyles. Do you mean the figure wthat looks like it has a head on fire? It's of non-specific gender.

yes-- i suppose it was unconsciously suggested by the side of the buttons\

but anyway-- again, great. love the strong lines. is it ink? on what kind of surface? oh wait you said prints yes? please tell us how you make them (other than "i apply my genius and bam")

Genteel Death 02.05.2013 03:30 PM

thanks again for yr comments.

four of the works i have used for this exhibition are now on display in this cafe.