Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wolf Eyes Live (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1311)

Glice 02.22.2007 02:06 PM

I think, like I think of most music, as it happens, that appreciating Power Electronics relies upon whether or not you're interested in the aesthetic, and whether or not you're sold on its selling points. Like yourself, it turns me off, but I find the macho/not macho posturing, the cyclical hate/not hate/ hate that allegedly fuels the 'trangressive' element all to be merely quite comical. Whitehouse are one of the better cabaret acts of the moment.

Toilet & Bowels 02.22.2007 09:26 PM

i find the macho dudeisms of wolf eyes quite entertaining on stage but when i read people actually talking like that on ihatenoise or the hanson/american tapes list it sounds idiotic.
also, john olson looked a bit put off/frightened by all the people dancing to the punk records that DJ was playing in the bar at ATP, it was the puniest mosh pit i've ever seen but olson looked slightly perturbed by the prospect of joining in.

Iain 02.23.2007 07:49 AM

Haha...I find the macho dudeisms of Wolf Eyes entertaining as well which sets them apart from the other Power Electronics fuckers. At least they seem to be actually having a laugh....

deathbyfeedback 02.23.2007 07:59 AM

wolf eyes are probably the only noise band i really enjoy. theyre party bastards, where as most noise artists are totally up themselves.

"MICHIGAAAAAAN!"

Toilet & Bowels 02.23.2007 10:26 AM

i find the psychopathic persona of prurient (and macronympha etc) even more funny than the antics of wolf eyes though

Glice 02.23.2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i find the psychopathic persona of prurient (and macronympha etc) even more funny than the antics of wolf eyes though

Which reminds me of another amusing thing about noise - isn't it just the single gayest genre imaginable? So gay it's not even about bum-love?

Phlegmscope 02.23.2007 02:58 PM

Would you consider prurient's black leather gloves gay?

Savage Clone 02.23.2007 03:05 PM

If any of you have ever seen Cock ESP, the fun quotient at work is undeniable, despite what impressions their cover art may give off.

Toilet & Bowels 02.23.2007 08:38 PM

yeah, it's like the footage of old hikokaidan and gerogerigegege shows, how can people not love them?

go here:

www.reek.tv

kingcoffee 02.24.2007 03:41 PM

Wolf Eyes are good, but I like Lightning Bolt more. A LOT more.

Onani Nic 02.25.2007 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Wolf Eyes are good, but I like Lightning Bolt more. A LOT more.

Lightning Bolt are good but I like Notorious BIG a lot more....

I don't really see how Lightning Bolt get classed as a noise band.