Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   American Tour Dates Announced (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1421)

Nematocide 05.01.2006 05:57 PM

9:30 club here i come.

SonikJesus 05.02.2006 01:20 AM

I agree Kegmama. The only really close ones I could go to were the forum ones in LA but the seats suck. They're probably sold out by now.

qprogeny79 05.02.2006 09:56 AM

grr . . . nothing at the norva in norfolk like '04.

i despise you, sonic youth.

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski 05.02.2006 10:22 AM

These are by far the worst tour dates that Sonic Youth have ever been a part of. I don't understand why they would play such shit places over the normal tour. It doesn't make sense.

I'll get to see them twice, but never headlining. Vegas and Lollapalooza. The short sets are such a tease.

I don't like to complain, but this is very poor planning.

space cake 05.02.2006 11:36 AM

two texas dates, thrilling!
anyone know anything about ticket sales or prices yet?

and it kind of seems like this is only an initial, short tour. like theyll be doing this first three week deal then the festivals then decide about an expanded tour.

DaBuddaDa 05.02.2006 02:51 PM

As long as they make it to either Boston/Northampton/Hartford/Manchester/Portland at some point in August :(

hobonapkins 05.02.2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
These are by far the worst tour dates that Sonic Youth have ever been a part of. I don't understand why they would play such shit places over the normal tour. It doesn't make sense.

I'll get to see them twice, but never headlining. Vegas and Lollapalooza. The short sets are such a tease.

I don't like to complain, but this is very poor planning.

Well since I'm pretty much the only person at my school (and kansas for that matter...) who is obsessed with sonic youth, them coming to lawrence is AWESOOOOOME. That's like 20 minutes from my house! I'm dying of excitement :D

dazedcola 05.02.2006 08:43 PM

argh, that is a really lame touring schedule. I really hope they do a more expansive tour later for this album. Sucks, cause i really wanted to see SY over the summer...

kingcoffee 05.03.2006 09:35 AM

NO Mass DATES!!!! Come on people half the band lives in fucking Massachusetts!!!! How could they overlook us like that?? All they need to do is just pop in for one night. I'm really dissapointed that the band would do that to us. Hopefully the full schedule isn't worked out yet.

kingcoffee 05.03.2006 09:37 AM

This seems to be a very quickly thrown together tour. Very shabby for a band that's been around for 25 years. Very strange. Does the band have a different management company? Cuz that could explain quite a bit.

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski 05.03.2006 10:25 AM

No offense to the people in the podunks that are getting to see Sonic Youth; I'm really happy for you, but c'mon!

I usually see four or five shows during the summer--this is just a complete letdown!

eastjesus 05.03.2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
No offense to the people in the podunks that are getting to see Sonic Youth; I'm really happy for you, but c'mon!

I usually see four or five shows during the summer--this is just a complete letdown!

i thought you didn't like to complain buddy.......

greenlight 05.03.2006 12:25 PM

no worries. i think they´ll gonna add more dates later.

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski 05.03.2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastjesus
i thought you didn't like to complain buddy.......

Complaining is actually a really fucking good time. I've been missing out on it all these years.

holy-reverb!! 05.03.2006 03:27 PM

oh fuck people. same thing happened with nurse, murrey, etc. it least to toronto. they came in august. the last date on the list now is the 5th after that they will tour the secong leg. just wait. this is not the whole tour!

meatpile 05.08.2006 04:16 PM

I just bought my Asheville tix...........

w00t