Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café V (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112934)

noisereductions 02.12.2016 08:12 AM

1. woke up
2. checked Spotify
3. no new Yeezy album
4. bummed

noisereductions 02.12.2016 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Huh.

I don't know. He posted that cover on his Twitter last night.

louder 02.12.2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I don't know. He posted that cover on his Twitter last night.

Yikes. Starting to lose interest in this album..

noisereductions 02.12.2016 08:27 AM

oh well, I guess I won't have a new Kanye album for my commute tonight. Let's check out the latest round of noiseredux's Spotify Survivor...

Anderon Paak - Malibu
Bill Frisell - When You Wish Upon A Star
David Bowie - Blackstar
DIIV - Is The Is Are
Dr. Lonnie Smith - Evolution
Elliott Smith - Heaven Adores You
Future - Evol
GoGo Penguin - Made Made Object
Rihanna - Anti
Wiz Khalifa - Khalifa

...Kevin Gates, Young Thug and Tortoise have not made the cut. I'm interested in checking out this new Future tho.

louder 02.12.2016 08:51 AM

2016 albums which I liked so far:

Anderon Paak - Malibu
KING - We Are KING
BJ the Chicago Kid - In My Mind
David Bowie - Blackstar
Kevin Gates - Islah

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.12.2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Huh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
I've heard the stream three times now. All I can say is that I'm extremely disappointed. The album had some great moments (in terms of production and maybe flow) but felt like 40% finished. It had no artistic value..

Quote:

I hate to say it, but this album reminds me of Eminem.

And he had the nerve to call it "THE ALBUM OF THE LIFE."

This man is obviously sick, he needs to scrap his album and get treatment.

Severian 02.12.2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

I've heard the stream three times now. All I can say is that I'm extremely disappointed. The album had some great moments (in terms of production and maybe flow) but felt like 40% finished. It had no artistic value. The content was terrible.

This is basically a Kanye Kardashian album. Not the Kanye I love. The lines about Taylor and Ray J made me cringe so hard. He should rap about something that matters, give people inspiration and hope.. something to relate to. I'm not here for any of this celebrity gossip drama bullshit.

And now there is this mess: http://pitchfork.com/news/63491-tayl...famous-lyrics/

Like why.. can't Kanye just forget about that incident and keep it pushing? This is so unnecessary. Ugh.

Whoah.
What?
Are you serious?
You just blew my mind more than any pitchfork review ever could. I'm super bummed to hear that you feel this way.

But... lines about celebrity, gossip, etc/ not exactly new to Kanye.
Why didn't "in a French ass restaurant/ hurry up with my damn croissants" make you cringe?

I have never heard you dis Kanye in any way, so I'm not exaggerating when I say that reading this was like GETTING AIDS FROM MY BROTHER!!!

Severian 02.12.2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

oh well, I guess I won't have a new Kanye album for my commute tonight. Let's check out the latest round of noiseredux's Spotify Survivor...

Anderon Paak - Malibu
Bill Frisell - When You Wish Upon A Star
David Bowie - Blackstar
DIIV - Is The Is Are
Dr. Lonnie Smith - Evolution
Elliott Smith - Heaven Adores You
Future - Evol
GoGo Penguin - Made Made Object
Rihanna - Anti
Wiz Khalifa - Khalifa

...Kevin Gates, Young Thug and Tortoise have not made the cut. I'm interested in checking out this new Future tho.

Dude, the album's streaming! People have ripped it. Figure something out so you can back me up against louder, who just broke my heart and kicked my balls back up into my body.

Severian 02.12.2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

I think the album's dope as hell. Heard about half of it, just the one time through. Want something to look forward to so I'm saving a few songs. But hold yr hahas bra.

Severian 02.12.2016 09:38 AM

Louder - an EMINEM album? What the hell? So basically this sounds like a Dr. Dre album with a white guy rapping on it? That's what you're going with?

He's sick? Needs help? What the hell man?!

Rob Instigator 02.12.2016 09:44 AM

kanye wants to bone Taylor swift BAD, but he cannot because he is married to the anti-swift (physical features-wise) and Swift is a deeply closeted lesbian.

louder 02.12.2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Louder - an EMINEM album? What the hell? So basically this sounds like a Dr. Dre album with a white guy rapping on it? That's what you're going with?

He's sick? Needs help? What the hell man?!

Not production wise, I mean in terms of the content.. I used Eminem to describe an album where main focus being that he dissed some irrelevant celebrities. He used an Eminem line on Freestyle 4 too ("Driving in the same car that Pac was in") and that little accapella freestyle where Kanye described how the fans see him was in the spirit of Eminem and Tyler the Creator too, sadly. The rest of the time he wasn't really talking about anything. Bleh.

And yeah man he does. He's having a meltdown on Twitter about Taylor Swift right now.. and tell me what is this bullshit: http://pitchfork.com/news/63485-kany...ne-video-game/

Who the hell told him that video game was a good idea? He's surrounded by yes men.. it makes me sad.

louder 02.12.2016 09:48 AM

He's changed the tracklist about 5 times now. He's clearly under crazy pressure cuz he isn't gonna live up to the expectations. Someone should just tell him not to drop the album.

louder 02.12.2016 09:54 AM

Quote:

Whoah.
What?
Are you serious?
You just blew my mind more than any pitchfork review ever could. I'm super bummed to hear that you feel this way.

But... lines about celebrity, gossip, etc/ not exactly new to Kanye.
Why didn't "in a French ass restaurant/ hurry up with my damn croissants" make you cringe?

I have never heard you dis Kanye in any way, so I'm not exaggerating when I say that reading this was like GETTING AIDS FROM MY BROTHER!!!

The main focus on Yeezus wasn't namedropping celebrities for controversy. No verse that he played yesterday stood out like New Slaves did. Besides, I expected something different this time.. No More Parties and Real Friends gave me hope.

louder 02.12.2016 09:58 AM

If another artist made this album, I wouldn't even be mad.. I hold Kanye to a much higher standard.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.12.2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

I think the album's dope as hell. Heard about half of it, just the one time through. Want something to look forward to so I'm saving a few songs. But hold yr hahas bra.

Hey louder didn't like it so im batting .500

noisereductions 02.12.2016 10:05 AM

Taylor Swift > Kim Kardashian

noisereductions 02.12.2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Dude, the album's streaming! People have ripped it. Figure something out so you can back me up against louder, who just broke my heart and kicked my balls back up into my body.

it's funny. Back in the day I'd download stuff on dialup. It would take hours. Then I'd burn it. And print artwork. I'd jump thru all kinds of hoops to find rare stuff to listen to.

Nowadays, If I can't just click the Spotify app on my phone, then it's "too much work for me." Seriously. That Rihanna album was free a week before it was on Spotify. But downloading it to my phone? Man, that would require like 30 seconds of my effort.

louder 02.12.2016 10:12 AM

Went from:

"Penitentiary chances, the devil dances
And eventually answers to the call of Autumn
All of them fallin’ for the love of ballin’
Got caught with 30 rocks, the cop look like Alec Baldwin
Inter century anthems based off inner city tantrums"

"Is hip hop just a euphemism for a new religion?
The soul music of the slaves that the youth is missing
This is more than just my road to redemption
Malcolm West had the whole nation standing at attention"

to

"For all my Southside niggas that know me best
I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex
Why? I made that bitch famous
God damn
I made that bitch famous
For all the girls that got dick from Kanye West
If you see 'em in the streets give 'em Kanye's bests
Why? They mad they ain't famous
God damn
They mad they're still nameless
(Talk that talk man)
Her man in the store tryna try his best
But he just can't seem to get Kanye fresh
But we still hood famous
God damn
Yeah we still hood famous"

Yikes.

This album needs some Rhyemefest.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.12.2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

it's funny. Back in the day I'd download stuff on dialup. It would take hours. Then I'd burn it. And print artwork. I'd jump thru all kinds of hoops to find rare stuff to listen to.

Nowadays, If I can't just click the Spotify app on my phone, then it's "too much work for me." Seriously. That Rihanna album was free a week before it was on Spotify. But downloading it to my phone? Man, that would require like 30 seconds of my effort.

Stop wasting resources! Get that music yo! this is why i don't use streaming services