Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   i'm being good (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=65)

Everyneurotic 03.22.2006 04:02 PM

jon boy: you sound very angered by this. why don't you go kill them or something?

xpressway2yrskull 03.22.2006 04:04 PM

Download Sub-Plot. The best free album I have ever heard. Thanks to whoever posted them on the original board.

jon boy 03.22.2006 04:05 PM

just sick of emulation when people should be creating something fresh.

Everyneurotic 03.22.2006 04:08 PM

i would rather listen to a truman's water rip-off than yet another joy division or ride rip-off

it's called joy, you should try it. you can enjoy music

sub plot is very good but 8 of us r dead is amazing!!!

jon boy 03.22.2006 04:15 PM

i do enjoy music, too me it shows a total lack of imagination.

Everyneurotic 03.22.2006 04:19 PM

one thing:

everytime somewhere truman's water is mentioned, they are mostly referred to nothing but a pavement rip-off...

...now i know they aren't a rip-off but it seems that the same attitude you have for ibg is the attitude most of the world have for tw

it's quite ironic

jon boy 03.22.2006 04:24 PM

i dont think tw are a pavement rip off and i never heard anyone say that. they dont really sound similar at all.

i dont see the irony.

Everyneurotic 03.22.2006 04:25 PM

you don't like i'm being good, good

people like i'm being good. get over it

jon boy 03.22.2006 04:34 PM

i know they do, lunk heads. they need to get some imagination.

there are far too many bands that take parts from others and copy it. its one of my pet hates and i think shows that boredom really is alive and well in music.

you can see it in the faces of people who dig those bands, there is something missing. they want someone to lead them by the hand all their lives.

HaydenAsche 03.22.2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy

there are far too many bands that take parts from others and copy it. its one of my pet hates and i think shows that boredom really is alive and well in music.

you can see it in the faces of people who dig those bands, there is something missing. they want someone to lead them by the hand all their lives.

Lunk Heads? HAHAHAHA

krastian 03.22.2006 04:45 PM

Never heard of them....should I?

Everyneurotic 03.22.2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Never heard of them....should I?

you have anything to lose?

PAULYBEE2656 03.22.2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

i dont care kid, i dont see the point in doing that. i have told you this before on the other board, i hate bands that take far too much music from others.

err, ok... dont call me kid tho... married with 2 kidz of my own.....

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 03.22.2006 05:38 PM

i downloaded one of their cds from PB'S thread and really liked it. I deleted it though.

Glice 03.22.2006 05:56 PM

Quote:

Haha. Hahahaa. TW don't float my boat, IBG do; Pavement ripped off the Fall - compare 'eat yrself fitter' with 'smoke yourself thin' (I think those were the two, it's a long time since I've listened to Pavement). Also, Silence kit is near identical to a Buddy Holly song, the name of which escapes me. Are Pavement defunct, or do you disagree on account of not having the refined tastes that I have?

jon boy 03.23.2006 04:07 AM

if you have two kids then you should know better.

PAULYBEE2656 03.25.2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

if you have two kids then you should know better.

ha ha, jon boy, youre funny and opinionated.... i like that in a poster!!!!!!:D

Toilet & Bowels 03.25.2006 09:21 PM

i saw I'mBG support melt banana in london last year... i didn't think they were up to much. truman's water certainly didn't spring to mind when i was watching them. TW are way better. and i don't really see much of a similarity between TW & pavement, other than looseness. i think people who say that are people for whom pavement are really "far out" sounding.

PAULYBEE2656 03.26.2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i saw I'mBG support melt banana in london last year... i didn't think they were up to much. truman's water certainly didn't spring to mind when i was watching them. TW are way better. and i don't really see much of a similarity between TW & pavement, other than looseness. i think people who say that are people for whom pavement are really "far out" sounding.

i dont see the pavement ibtg similarity at all. i made the comparison to pavement and the fall alright........ trumans are far superior to ibg but so what, i like ibg.

Toilet & Bowels 03.26.2006 10:40 AM

no the comparison i meant there was truman's water to pavement, which someone else mentioned. it just reminded me of the 90s where you couldn't read about underground rock without the band being written about being compared to pavement or SY