Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daydream Nation Live DVD (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=14279)

pulsar 06.27.2007 06:23 PM

Daydream Nation Live DVD

At the Berlin show this very evening they had signs on telling the audience that the gig will be filmed and furthermore used for a DVD. During the concerts there where cameras on the balcony, in front of the stage and near the sbd. After the show I approached one of the filmers and he told me that there is indeed going to be a Live DVD.
It will be a mixture of the Berlin gig, as well as the three shows at London's Roundhouse.

Isn't that some sweet news for you kids?

By the way, this time the Berlin audience gave SY a hard time again :D After fifteen minutes of constant cheering, they had to - once again - set up the mics, amps and turn the light off - to play one final encore. Hell that was awesome!

neptuneg 06.27.2007 06:28 PM

that is really awesome. what was the encore?

pulsar 06.27.2007 06:28 PM

If anyones interested, the set:

Daydream Nation
----
Incinerate
Reena
Jams Run Free
? (World Looks Red)
Pink Steam
Or
-----
What A Waste

k-krack 06.27.2007 06:29 PM

First off, Nice!!! I'm stoked!
Secondly, cheering for an encore counts as giving the band a hard time? Well, call me a pain in the ass, then.

*edit: Oh man, World Looks Red (as well as all the older songs they played when I saw them, particularly Shaking Hell) was so fucking vicious live.

LifeDistortion 06.27.2007 06:30 PM

Wow, this was just what I was hoping for. This is amazing news. Even if you aren't attending those particular DN shows, I'm so happy they will be filming at least three to save for historical significance and for all us fans!

atari 2600 06.27.2007 08:41 PM

Extremely sweet news, yes.

the ikara cult 06.27.2007 09:38 PM

Rather Ripped material seems more and more attractive to me as time goes on. Im goin back to work at the place where i was last year when Rather Ripped came out, and i wasnt sure about it for such a long time but every time i listen to it now it sounds better, so i cant wait to catch up more. I hate to be a total sycophant but 5/6 Rather Ripped songs would make me smile massively at my first Sonic youth Show combined with Daydream Nation. Ye Gods its gonna be blindingly beautiful innit. The thought actually makes me smile.

l'voyeur 06.27.2007 10:20 PM

Would be great have a official SY live dvd...sorry for be too pesimist,but some artists film their shows and sometimes never released what they filmed...(and in the case of SY that happened many times) .... I hope be wrong this time...

popcorn youth 06.27.2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pulsar
By the way, this time the Berlin audience gave SY a hard time again :D After fifteen minutes of constant cheering, they had to - once again - set up the mics, amps and turn the light off - to play one final encore. Hell that was awesome!

How lovely of the audience, and good of them to give them one more! (nice autolux avatar btw :) )

Moshe 06.28.2007 12:45 AM

Thanks. great news!

sergisonic 06.28.2007 03:32 AM

wow, great great great!

sy2004 06.28.2007 05:29 AM

excellent news would be a full gig
instead this is still great news but a mixture of a few gigs :(

sergisonic 06.28.2007 06:06 AM

- daydream nation set (best performance of every song, but the complete LP)
- extras: live encores 2007, etc

why not? ;) :)

ZEROpumpkins 06.28.2007 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
First off, Nice!!! I'm stoked!
Secondly, cheering for an encore counts as giving the band a hard time? Well, call me a pain in the ass, then.

*edit: Oh man, World Looks Red (as well as all the older songs they played when I saw them, particularly Shaking Hell) was so fucking vicious live.

Yeah they played shaking hell and brother james when I went.

Rob Instigator 06.28.2007 08:49 AM

helll FUCK yeah

FUCK YEAH

FUCK!!!!

HairwayToSteven 06.28.2007 11:12 AM

Awesome news. Thanks!

LifeDistortion 06.28.2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l'voyeur
Would be great have a official SY live dvd...sorry for be too pesimist,but some artists film their shows and sometimes never released what they filmed...(and in the case of SY that happened many times) .... I hope be wrong this time...

At least they aren't Prince, I've heard that guy has entire albums recorded that he's never put out.

screamingskull 06.28.2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pulsar
It will be a mixture of the Berlin gig, as well as the three shows at London's Roundhouse.

Oh fuck yeah!!!

Magic Wheel Memory 06.28.2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
15 minutes? seems sy didn't want to do one. unless, it was to build suspense. it's the age old adage with these encores - once you do one, the audience will expect it everytime. when did they start doing encores anyway? i remember sy to be against them?!

When have you ever heard of SY not doing an encore? They always do.

Toxa 06.28.2007 03:41 PM

great news indeed.