Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bobby Gillespie - decent or douchebag? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=12926)

MellySingsDoom 05.05.2007 09:30 AM

Bobby Gillespie - decent or douchebag?

If there's one thing that never ceases to annoy me, it's the pronouncements made by Primal Scream frontman Bobby Gillespie. Am I the only one here who thinks he's a complete cock-end who shoud retire immediately? Do you think that he's an outstanding performer who fits the nineties/noughties zeitgeist?

jon boy 05.05.2007 09:35 AM

he does annoy me a lots.

sarramkrop 05.05.2007 09:38 AM

I think he is very handsome for his age. Made crap records, nice guy regardless. It's not the end of the world.

Pookie 05.05.2007 09:40 AM

Never had a problem with him. Terrible music mind.

demonrail666 05.05.2007 09:55 AM

Neither talented, nor a nice guy.

PAULYBEE2656 05.05.2007 09:59 AM

he is a decent douchebag. dont give him much thought eversince he brushed off me and a mate in dublin one night. fucking rock star twat with designer high street hair and a shirt with no buttons..... wanker!

sonicl 05.05.2007 11:31 AM

He's a twat, but I love his band's music.

NWRA 05.05.2007 01:04 PM

He drummed in The Jesus And Mary Chain. Exterminator and Evil Heat are brilliant albums. He managed to get some more music out of Kevin Shields.

Overall there are more deserving hate figures.

demonrail666 05.05.2007 01:30 PM

If only he could shut the fuck up every now and then.

And anyway, Andrew Innes is the real creative force behind albums like Exterminator.

Everyneurotic 05.05.2007 03:48 PM

a fucking cunt but what british rock star isn't? he does tip the scale a bit more mind you, don't really like him now a days.

i love most of his music, though

jimbrim 05.05.2007 07:23 PM

he played my hometown and said the Isle of Wight was a 'Pile of Shite' which i thought was quite funny, but i can see why people think hes a nob.

Infinite Spark 05.07.2007 05:17 PM

Bobby G

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
He's a twat, but I love his band's music.

I liked J&MC, and some of Primal Scream's stuff. He also did a good turn with Grinderman at ATP, but i have to say ultimately he's a cocksmoker

Toilet & Bowels 05.07.2007 07:50 PM

i don't know anything about him aside from hearing the odd primal scream tune here and there. what does he do that is so annoying?

demonrail666 05.07.2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i don't know anything about him aside from hearing the odd primal scream tune here and there. what does he do that is so annoying?

He has this thing about being some kind of champion for 'true' rock n roll. This might've worked at a time when people didn't know about bands like The Stones (whenever that might've been) The Stooges and the MC5 but merely sounds like he's preaching to the choir these days.

He thinks he's being clever by suggesting that Kate Moss has the swagger of Nancy Sinatra, or some such nonsense. If he was a member of this messageboard he'd be starting threads called things like 'Pet sounds vs Forever Changes'. Nuff said.

Toilet & Bowels 05.07.2007 08:12 PM

"nuff"

sun city girl 05.09.2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWRA
He drummed in The Jesus And Mary Chain. Exterminator and Evil Heat are brilliant albums. He managed to get some more music out of Kevin Shields.

Overall there are more deserving hate figures.

true. i think bobby's cool, i'm not too fond of the last lp but whatever... better than oasis anyway.

fishmonkey 05.09.2007 05:12 AM

always had a little soft spot for Primal Scream, didnt he come out on stage at Glasto and start to call all hippys names? that was pretty ballsy, then i read somewhere that he was going with all his Neighbours to the local council to try and stop a pub up the way from his house from having bands playing as it kept him awake at night and he has children or something, that was pretty nancy.

tramp-arse 05.20.2007 11:05 AM

My uncle used to kick about with him when they were around 18 or so. From the stories i've heard, he's always been a cock gobbler.

Also - my uncle has a sister (my mother...) and its entirely possible Bobby G may have 'sexed her up' somewhat back in the day. Following this train of thought to its exciting end, is it not also possible that Bobby G (possibly my REAL father) owes me some kind finnancial dues since he fucked off and left my mother to drag me up alone? Have a wee think about this and get onto the benefits agency for me please.