Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Four wisdom teeth pulled today. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=943)

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 04.14.2006 09:42 PM

Four wisdom teeth pulled today.

It went smoothingly fell asleep pretty quickly after they put the IV in. I was a bit dizzy when I woke up I guess I was pretty screwed up when my mom came in the room. I got some anti-biotic pills and some vicadin(sp?) They really haven't had much of an effect on me, plus there isnt much pain without them, I cant see whats so great about them. Slept for maybe four- five hours today though. My bottom lip was huge as fuck, couldn't feel it. I went to take a sip of a drink anda unch of blood came out. All I could taste was blood and pudding.

My spelling is a bit scrwed up as well, when writting the word pudding it read pussy, shit I'm a little out of it. The worst part was the IV though. which didnt hurt much.

Savage Clone 04.14.2006 09:44 PM

Pictures!
Are you swollen up like a chipmunk?

marleypumpkin 04.14.2006 09:45 PM

"Good luck w/ all that"
-Sienfeld

Well, thanks for describing the bloodt parts for us. It goes well w/ your sig.
(just kidding)

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 04.14.2006 09:46 PM

its not swollen anymore. I wanted to take a pic of it but my camera had no good batteries in it.

Lethrneck4 04.15.2006 05:34 PM

i feel for ya...i had all 4 of mine removed at once a few years back. they were starting to give me headaches and i couldnt ignore it anymore. 1 of the 4 was impacted, so it had to be cut in pieces and removed, and i had stitiches from that one. i had demerol during the procedure(((woooo!))) so i was out of it the whole time. i only really had minimal pain after that.they gave me vicodins too. i guess the helped...all i remember is spitting blood for 2 days straight

Alex's Trip 04.15.2006 05:36 PM

I had all of mine pulled out last summer. It really sucked. I could hardly eat anything.

truncated 04.15.2006 06:04 PM

If your vicodins don't work, send 'em to me. Those things knock me totally on my ass - I'm practically immobile, I get RIDICULOUSLY euphoric, and I sit and giggle at the TV for hours. When I got my wisdom teeth out I watched cartoons all day long and thought I was in paradise.

Alex's Trip 04.15.2006 06:06 PM

I like didn't get vicodin, I got something else I think it was weaker than vicodin, possibly because I was 14...I still have it. It says that it is to be thrown out or something by now though.

truncated 04.15.2006 06:13 PM

I always hear people say vicodin doesn't do anything for them. I think I've had them on three separate occasions, and every time they render me useless.

It's odd - you get withdrawals once you stop taking vicodin, even if you've only taken it for a short while. You get this tingling, spasming sensation in your legs that is positively MADDENING. Apparently it's highly addictive (is that what Rush Limbaugh was addicted to? I can't remember) - it used to be available to order online, but now that's been outlawed in my state. Those are happy pills indeed.

Alex's Trip 04.15.2006 06:23 PM

Not heard of them^

Truncated: Yeah I saw some people get messed up on them. My friend and some of his friends took them in Math class...our teacher was kind of oblivious.

qprogeny79 04.15.2006 09:17 PM

i got lortab when i had mine out last july -- seriously, not good. i took one the day of the surgery and i was feeling a lot better and, on top of that, oddly social (which is uncharacteristic for me), but then i made the mistake of taking a second one. couldn't sit up for well over an hour after that, and i finally just gave up and switched to tylenol. plus i was insanely hungry for several days after that since all i could have were milkshakes and cream of wheat. but apparently (and i don't remember this since i was still waking up) i walked out of the surgery and, in my drugged stupor, told my mom i wanted four more out.

but yeah, feel better soon.

SonikJesus 04.15.2006 09:38 PM

Awww man, I got 2 of mine pulled last summer and I was supposed to go get the other 2 pulled in January. It sucked ass because they didn't put me to sleep, all they did was numb my mouth. I was awake for the whole thing. It was horrible. I could hear them cutting me and I could hear the blood coming out. There was a nurse with one of those things that suck liquid out of your mouth and it kept sucking out tons of blood. I could even feel them cutting me a little.

After they were done they didn't even give me any medication, they just told me to take Tylenol when it hurt. It did not work. It hurt like hell for 2 days. Man, I don't wanna go back.

Alex's Trip 04.15.2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonikJesus
Awww man, I got 2 of mine pulled last summer and I was supposed to go get the other 2 pulled in January. It sucked ass because they didn't put me to sleep, all they did was numb my mouth. I was awake for the whole thing. It was horrible. I could hear them cutting me and I could hear the blood coming out. There was a nurse with one of those things that suck liquid out of your mouth and it kept sucking out tons of blood. I could even feel them cutting me a little.
After

I think my dad had it done that way, that must really suck. Being put to sleep was cool though, because I have never done it before.

SonikJesus 04.15.2006 09:41 PM

Yeah I want to get put to sleep just to see how it feels. They weren't even really pulled since they hadn't even emerged yet. They were still under so they had to cut me and pull them out. One of them was hard to grab and the surgeon kept going at it and couldn't grab it. That is the side that hurt like hell after.

Alex's Trip 04.16.2006 01:21 AM

It would have, regardless. I want to be put to sleep again. When I am 18 I get to have surgury done on my jaw. Whoo! Oh wait, I'll need my jaw wired shut after...

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 04.16.2006 10:22 AM

I never had my wisdom teeth removed. I guess they grew in right.

BTW Rhys, who is the girl on the left? Love your sig.

Alex's Trip 04.16.2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

You just have a big mouth.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 04.16.2006 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

BTW Rhys, who is the girl on the left? Love your sig.

actually I dont know. I got all three pics from the moving GIFS thread.

krastian 04.16.2006 01:39 PM

I kind of enjoyed the experience for some reason......oh yeah, the nitrous and pills.