Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Should I take some acid on thursday? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28022)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.11.2008 07:49 PM

Should I take some acid on thursday?

I'm honestly not sure. I eat mushrooms, frequently but not acid, it is scarce and a different experience entirely. In fact, its been about three years and it was probably five before that, so I am a bit anxious and indecisive, what do y'all think?

Alex's Trip 11.11.2008 09:27 PM

If you're still anxious and indecisive by then, do not do it.

If you resolve yourself to doing it and are comfortable with doing it (no anxiety or indecision), then go ahead.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.11.2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
If you're still anxious and indecisive by then, do not do it.

If you resolve yourself to doing it and are comfortable with doing it (no anxiety or indecision), then go ahead.

akprodr 11.11.2008 10:14 PM

On Thursday, OMG NO! Never on Thursday. How could you even think of such a thing?

DeadDiscoDildo 11.11.2008 10:42 PM

I sure hope so.

wellcharge 11.11.2008 10:48 PM

i'm kind of curious about acid, however... the length of the trip just seems rway too long for me

baby bulldog 11.11.2008 11:12 PM

Your doubt about it is your answer.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 11.11.2008 11:14 PM

It's long term effects aren't worth it.

GeneticKiss 11.11.2008 11:20 PM

I don't believe in hallucinogens or hard drugs of any kind, so my opinion is no.

Alcohol messes with your inhibitions, pot messes with your mood, but LSD messes with your perception...mess with that too much and you'll be messing with your sanity before long.

pbradley 11.11.2008 11:32 PM

Drop it and then come to SYG.

GeneticKiss 11.11.2008 11:37 PM

Now that would be interesting...............

uhler 11.12.2008 12:25 AM

take acid and go on this messageboard and give us an update on how everything is going.

Dead-Air 11.12.2008 12:59 AM

Those who say not to do it if it makes you uneasy are spot on. It's no fun if you are worried it might be no fun.

Personally, I always had a way better time with lsd than mushrooms, but I don't intend to do either again. But then, I'm probably twice as old as you too, and I did enough acid to kill an ox in my day.

█████████ 11.12.2008 01:00 AM

yes.

blunderbuss 11.12.2008 01:10 AM

You do realise that your acid will probably have hit the streets via the CIA, don't you?

Kegmama 11.12.2008 01:10 AM

If you do, don't eat a hot dog...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7oR8TBrpMk

If you do, don't look in the mirror...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdZfiwdZWxo

If you do, do listen to Pink Floyd...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUliMqPcrW8

stu666 11.12.2008 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kegmama
If you do, don't eat a hot dog...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7oR8TBrpMk

If you do, don't look in the mirror...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdZfiwdZWxo

If you do, do listen to Pink Floyd...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUliMqPcrW8

haha these are great vids Kegmama!

the mirror one is very realistic, the hot dog one is faf and Syd is excellent.

SuchFriends: i eat mushies quite alot too, and have the occasional bit of acid aswell, what i prefer about acid is the fact that you don't feel like you've been poisoned or maybe i'm eating too many shrooms! also with acid i find the trip to be more clearer if that makes any sense and mushies more intense allthough i probably prefer mushrooms on the whole but i s'pose it varies alot.

n the end it's yr choice and you shouldn't ask us what to do but whatever you choose stay safe and have fun man!

whorefrost 11.12.2008 10:19 AM

why don't you take half and see how that pans out. i am extremely curious about hallucinogenics but also extremely cautious. i once took a quarter hit of acid and then another quarter later the same night. i didn't hallucinate or shit, i just felt very philosophical and seemed to have all these insights about shit. definitely curious about repeating the process and upping the dosage..

mangajunky 11.12.2008 10:27 AM

Stick with the natural stuff. Acid sometimes gets cut with weird things.

whorefrost 11.12.2008 10:32 AM

"You do realise that your acid will probably have hit the streets via the CIA, don't you?"

"Stick with the natural stuff. Acid sometimes gets cut with weird things."

If you do decided to do it, don't ruminate on the preceding advice.

Dead-Air 11.12.2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangajunky
Stick with the natural stuff. Acid sometimes gets cut with weird things.

Yes, and poisonous mushrooms are naturally cut with weird things, like poison.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.12.2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by █████████
yes.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to █████████ again.

I'm going with this one, gonna pick up the doses this afternoon, though the question is will I drop them tomorrow, next week, or wait until the end of the Orthodox Christmas fast in January..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.12.2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Yes, and poisonous mushrooms are naturally cut with weird things, like poison.

psilocybin is no a poison, it can not kill you, nor does it cause any kind of physiological damage to the mind or body.

EVOLghost 11.12.2008 01:04 PM

Drop it....sometimes you over anticipate drugs. My first time, I didn't get hit SUPER Hard at all. I mean Visuals were minimal but the body high really felt good. I personally LOVE! shrooms. they're awesome.

tesla69 11.12.2008 02:15 PM

if you have to ask a bunch of strangers in a public anonymous forum, you probably should stay the hell away from hallucinogens. anyway I don't believe the precurser chemicals can be obtained anymore who knows what you're getting. some weird mix of heroin speed and E?

EVOLghost 11.12.2008 07:55 PM

Though..honestly...Acid is fun but if you do get kind of doubty you should probably chill because my buddy gets kind of paranoid and shit...One more word of advice, if you have to get up early the next day....I don't recommend it.

atsonicpark 11.12.2008 07:59 PM

Go for it. Acid kicks ass. I prefer mushrooms or dextromethorphen... acid is kind of a party, good time drug, mushrooms has a lot of fun emotional stuff attached to it, but I love dex the best.. just completely disassociated from reality.

No matter how you go, play some stars of the lid during the trip.

atsonicpark 11.12.2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
Drop it and then come to SYG.

I've posted on here on acid plenty of times. Not that interesting. The computer monitor looks like fucking videodrome though....

EVOLghost 11.12.2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Go for it. Acid kicks ass. I prefer mushrooms or dextromethorphen... acid is kind of a party, good time drug, mushrooms has a lot of fun emotional stuff attached to it, but I love dex the best.. just completely disassociated from reality.

No matter how you go, play some stars of the lid during the trip.

You do dex through medicine? I did it through cough medicine and it ain't to fun for me....always just got me sick.

radarmaker 11.12.2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
if you have to ask a bunch of strangers in a public anonymous forum, you probably should stay the hell away from hallucinogens.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to telsa69 again.

atsonicpark 11.12.2008 08:10 PM

I take the gels with dex as the only ingredient.

It rules.

Kloriel 11.12.2008 08:18 PM

tomorrow is full moon. do it then and turn into a fucking werewolf. then once you are a werewolf, call a cab or catch a bus and deposit yourself in front of a celebrity hotspot. then just start gnashing yr werewolf fangs and shred some throats.

jon boy 11.12.2008 08:19 PM

i depends on if god wants you to do it or if you think ethiopia would aprove etc etc etc.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.12.2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
if you have to ask a bunch of strangers in a public anonymous forum, you probably should stay the hell away from hallucinogens. anyway I don't believe the precurser chemicals can be obtained anymore who knows what you're getting. some weird mix of heroin speed and E?

if I asked the people I knew, they would all say yes because we do those kinds of things.

If I asked the people I know that DONT do those kind of things, it would seriously fuck things up for me, people don't like to know that their sunday school teacher takes mushrooms and acid more than occasionally.

I asked the people here because I knew they could relate, knew they were hip to the game, and knew they had experience, and further, knew that even if they judged me it was worthless. and best of all, I knew folks would give me an honest answer as well, because the anonymity of the internet.

and most importantly at all, the question was really regarding the date I suppose, I got the doses already, I have surely done this before, the if was not so much the issue as the when..

and this question is one I have yet to answer for myself. its as jesus said I suppose, "do not think about tomorrow, the day's worries are sufficient for today."

Kloriel 11.12.2008 08:25 PM

Werewolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3ukaUOZKg

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.12.2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kloriel

you are definitely tempting me towards tomorrow rather than next week. I will take Kloriel's vote as yes to the initial question and title of thread.

Kloriel 11.12.2008 08:32 PM

i am not responsible for tomorrow's headlines
the full moon also brings happy things like silver flowers and rare lunar moths.
also i think that within the moon itself is a secret reggae band but even the secret band has a secret and though they may seem reggae they have a stash of heavy distortion pedals / petals like tulips or vicious fucking werewolves no don't worry, all is well. if you get nervous, you've already got the book you need. maybe isaiah has something to say.
but don't forget the vitamins and the pleasant smiling silver flowers and hedgehogs, your allies that devour pests.

uhler 11.12.2008 08:35 PM

has anyone here ever had sex on acid or shrooms?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.12.2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kloriel
i am not responsible for tomorrow's headlines
the full moon also brings happy things like silver flowers and rare lunar moths.
also i think that within the moon itself is a secret reggae band but even the secret band has a secret and though they may seem reggae they have a stash of heavy distortion pedals / petals like tulips or vicious fucking werewolves no don't worry, all is well. if you get nervous, you've already got the book you need. maybe isaiah has something to say.
but don't forget the vitamins and the pleasant smiling silver flowers and hedgehogs, your allies that devour pests.

did you know that all reggae guitar players have a sick ass collection of loud ass distortion pedals? The secret, is that we only use them in reggae music on eerie leadwork, especially in DUB stylee..

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhler
has anyone here ever had sex on acid or shrooms?

yes, it was not my cup of tea. the orgasm is a trip, but the humanness of it all is distracting.

floatingslowly 11.12.2008 09:12 PM

I'm going to say "yes" because I believe this was more of a "hey guys, I'm dropping acid on thursday" thread and not a morality poll.

otherwise, I'd say "no".

you have no idea what you are putting in yr head if you take that, mon.