Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

sarramkrop 06.29.2007 11:01 AM

J Mashed

ALIEN ANAL 06.29.2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
and that was?? (good? bad? ugly?)

well i went in wanting to see robots smash robots and its what i got so i liked it
the effects are pretty tops
its not french, its not artsy its just robots from space smashing robots from space:D

!@#$%! 06.29.2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
wednesday (2x1 movie day here anyway) i saw el topo in it's theatrical glory, fuck if it's great although i think it's one of those movies you need to see more than once.

then afterwards i went to my friend's house and saw pane e tulipani, a pretty good, lighthearted, fairly funny italian (duh!) movie.

oh is that the one abou the woman who ditches her family & takes up residence in venice or somewhere?

it was a nice female-fantasy movie i guess, wish fulfillment time, and she was kinda hot.

for a moment there i confused the title w/ pane e cioccolatta (sp?), this 70s movie about an italian immigrant in switzerland-- hilarious. oh really you should see it.

---

me last night i forsook movies for a few cheesy episodes of inuyasha

the girl there gets on my nerves, all talk & no action

Everyneurotic 06.29.2007 03:48 PM

yeah, that's it; the plumber turned detective, the flower shop owner and some scenes (like the guy hiding his noose when she started to stay there) were really funny. it was good, i can't see myself watching it again or anything but it seemed good at the moment.

my firend was like "sorry you had to see my chick movie" but it was a good way to spend time with her.

yeah, i thought the lead actress most have been smoking hot back in the day, she wasn't bad looking.

!@#$%! 06.29.2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

yeah, i thought the lead actress most have been smoking hot back in the day, she wasn't bad looking.

i'd do her :p

to quote a popular expression, ha ha ha... "gallina vieja da buen caldo" :D

nicfit 06.29.2007 04:32 PM

ha ha I'm laughing a lot on this board tonight "gallina vecchia fa buon brodo"!

!@#$%! 06.29.2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
ha ha I'm laughing a lot on this board tonight "gallina vecchia fa buon brodo"!

^^ ha ha ha ha, yes, exactly!

Everyneurotic 06.29.2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i'd do her :p

to quote a popular expression, ha ha ha... "gallina vieja da buen caldo" :D

you're the second person i hear say that, i was like "what?!!" yeah funny, hahaha.

nomowish 06.30.2007 02:01 PM

nicfit 06.30.2007 02:57 PM

hah, crash, back in the days when I watched it with some friends a bunch of days after one of those guys calls me and goes " I did not find any other movie straring James Holly nor Spader Hunter!"... dumb...

nicfit 06.30.2007 03:26 PM

Well, I won't complain much, my eyes will look in another direction...guess where?

!@#$%! 07.01.2007 09:14 AM

i had a double dose of this. yes. i watched it 2 times. in a row. the 2nd time w/ the commentaries on.

FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Savage Clone 07.01.2007 09:17 AM

That's a great one.
TVBC (a great local band that featured Paul Metzger) did a live soundtrack to that one when I saw it. It was pretty amazing. They released the soundtrack too; excellent stuff.

demonrail666 07.01.2007 09:19 AM

Erin Brokovich, last night on TV. So boring I almost forgot that I watched it.

!@#$%! 07.01.2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
That's a great one.
TVBC (a great local band that featured Paul Metzger) did a live soundtrack to that one when I saw it. It was pretty amazing. They released the soundtrack too; excellent stuff.

oh yeah? i wonder if it can be found...

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Erin Brokovich, last night on TV. So boring I almost forgot that I watched it.

nice story, terrible movie. masochist.

Savage Clone 07.01.2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

oh yeah? i wonder if it can be found...

http://www.tvbc.tv/

!@#$%! 07.01.2007 09:33 AM

hurray

--

this just put me on the mood of getting off the internet & going to watch a movie while i ponder the breakfast menu.

have fun.

sarramkrop 07.01.2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
That's a great one.

So did The Cinematic Orchestra. Excellent movie, by the way.

davenotdead 07.01.2007 10:24 AM

strange days was pretty entertaining...

!@#$%! 07.01.2007 11:11 AM

oh, so much fun. a perfect sunday morning movie.

demonrail666 07.01.2007 11:27 AM

The Wicker Man remake.

!@#$%! 07.01.2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
The Wicker Man remake.

wouldn't it just be quicker to put some live wires to your nostrils? you get all the pain in an instant and save the other 89 minutes or however long is that turd.

Tokolosh 07.02.2007 02:45 AM

I've never heard of Man with the Movie Camera. Looks interesting. Thanks for the tip.

nicfit 07.02.2007 03:11 AM

Steamboy . Pretty "wow".

Tokolosh 07.02.2007 10:10 AM

Watched these last night.

I found it quite weak actually.

So so. I've seen better Spike Lee films.

jon boy 07.02.2007 10:13 AM

requiem for a dream again. amazing visuals and 20 minutes of sheer terror at the end.

nicfit 07.02.2007 10:15 AM

hmmm, tonight I have 3 options:

Memories
Tokyo Godfathers
Perfume.

Danny Himself 07.02.2007 10:17 AM

Bulletproof with Adam Sandler. It was pretty good.

mangajunky 07.02.2007 10:19 AM

Quote:

hmmm, tonight I have 3 options:

Memories
Tokyo Godfathers
Perfume.

I don't know Perfume.
Start with Tokyo Godfathers, then pop in Memories - It's short stories so you can easily watch part of it. The first one part is directed by Satoshi Kon the director of Tokyo Godfathers.

nicfit 07.02.2007 10:23 AM

Thanks for the tip.
I read Memories, not sure if the movie has the same stories in it (I think there's an "alternative" one)-
perfume is this one:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396171/
not manga/anime/japan/related

Can't wait to see paprika in terthers, btw.

GravyK 07.03.2007 02:14 AM

The last movie that I watched was Andre The Butcher. Right before it I watched House of Pain.

GravyK 07.03.2007 02:16 AM

Quote:

Steamboy . Pretty "wow".

I watched this last week or so w/ a friend of mine. I don't know anything about anime, but she has shown me this along with Akira, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke. I've enjoyed watching all of them, with Akira being my favorite.

jon boy 07.07.2007 01:21 PM

the machinist, not bad at all.

k-krack 07.07.2007 01:33 PM

I think it was Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. My mom bought it and "And Now for Something Completely Different"!

farmhouse 07.07.2007 01:53 PM

The City of Lost Children - Jeunet et Caro (avec Hellboy)

I bought this last week because i wanted something weird to watch while i had a light shroom trip.
It was supposed to be light. I took a few too many then couldn't keep up with the subs or the frenetic pace of the film in general . . . so i turned it off.

watched it this morning as soon as i woke up and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I still prefer delicatessen at the moment however.

Danny Himself 07.07.2007 02:26 PM

I went to see Die Hard 4.0 today. It was great.

Everyneurotic 07.08.2007 12:51 PM

yesterday i had 2x1 day again:

fando y lis
santa sangre

in theatrical glory, by the way.

fucking awesome, dude's a genius.

!@#$%! 07.08.2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh
I've never heard of Man with the Movie Camera. Looks interesting. Thanks for the tip.

oh you're welcome. i hope you love it as much as i did. very enjoyable.

Quote:

Steamboy . Pretty "wow".

really nice action movie, i loved it.

Quote:

yesterday i had 2x1 day again:

fando y lis
santa sangre

in theatrical glory, by the way.

fucking awesome, dude's a genius.

FUCK YES!!!

!@#$%! 07.09.2007 12:12 AM

i've watched too many movies this past week to post pictures or remember them all but i'll just name a few:

- THEY LIVE - awesome! thank you luxy!

- SHORTBUS - nice, but ultimately disappointing-- i expected more from the maker of "hedwig and the angry inch"

- THE SEVENTH CONTINENT - i hated it while i watch but i'm very happy i saw it

- CARLITO'S WAY - so so, al pacino gives a good show but brian the palma is a fucking cheeseball.

- DRUGSTORE COWBOY - nice! nearly flawless. good show.

- TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME - can you say "obvious"? still enjoyable but much of the mystery of the series goes to pot in the 2nd half of the movie. i already knew the culprits long before they were revealed. not his best.

- AS TEARS GO BY: Wong Kar Wai's (Kar Wai Wong?) first feature (if you saw 2046 that's by him). So bad it's good! Ha ha it's hilariously bad at times but I liked it. Another mafioso tragedy like Carlitos Way. Can't they fuck a new plot already? But this was fun/funny.

- HENRY FOOL - once again, in preparation for Fay Grim. oh i love hal hartley's movies. he fucking rules.

& many more. spent the weekend at a small film festival so... am i movied out? nooo! h aha ha ha ha.

Everyneurotic 07.09.2007 12:28 AM

Quote:

- THEY LIVE - awesome! thank you luxy!

- CARLITO'S WAY - so so, al pacino gives a good show but brian the palma is a fucking cheeseball.

- DRUGSTORE COWBOY - nice! nearly flawless. good show.

they live: isn't that the one about the plane crash and the survivors eating each other?

carlito's way is fucking awesome man!! i love it, i don't like the ending but the whole story telling is great. very engaging characters (except penelope ann miller's one).

and drugstore cowboy is amazing.

by the way, i'm so buying the jodorowsky box set. "fando!!! no me dejes!!!!"