Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   the mac & cheese appreciation (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8375)

king_buzzo 11.24.2006 12:34 PM

the mac & cheese appreciation

hell yeah, mac & cheese rules.

fishmonkey 11.24.2006 12:39 PM

is this "mac and chesse" of Joey Tribani (Friends) fame, where he got the shite acting job working with a robot called "cheese" and he was "Mac" and he could'nt get on with the guy who controlled "cheese"?

oh it was a melee of fun and capers by people who are uber-good looking and seem to live in dead nice apartments and never seem to be working in order to pay for em...

*fishmonkey breaks into song....(a really beautiful thing)
"i'll be there for you.....
"i'll be there for you......
"cuz yr there from me toooooooooooo BOLLOX"

lucyrulesok 11.24.2006 12:40 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to king_buzzo again.

YUMYUMYUM

zedius 11.24.2006 02:44 PM

I like it with sour cream especially thanks for reminding me

youthoftomorrow 11.24.2006 04:14 PM

mmmmmmm.

Prisstina 11.24.2006 04:59 PM

If mac & cheese was a drug, I should have been in rehab when I was younger.

atari 2600 11.24.2006 05:04 PM

Well, I hope you're off of that drug now, Prisstina.

Kiddies, learn to shop for groceries and to cook. Really, it's not that difficult.

Your diet probably consists of fast food, chips, candy, soft drinks, ramen noodles and boxed mixes.

What is that?

Oh, you use the microwaveable mac and cheese.
Well, that's just peachy.
You've managed to make an inferior food product that much worse.

How many fucking hot pockets do you people eat?

Just wondering,

a

fishmonkey 11.24.2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmonkey
is this "mac and chesse" of Joey Tribani (Friends) fame, where he got the shite acting job working with a robot called "cheese" and he was "Mac" and he could'nt get on with the guy who controlled "cheese"?

oh it was a melee of fun and capers by people who are uber-good looking and seem to live in dead nice apartments and never seem to be working in order to pay for em...

*fishmonkey breaks into song....(a really beautiful thing)
"i'll be there for you.....
"i'll be there for you......
"cuz yr there from me toooooooooooo BOLLOX"

is mac and cheese some sort of food?
i dont want no trouble.
just set a brotha straight.

king_buzzo 11.24.2006 06:49 PM

i never tried it with sour cream...

ithinkimissyou 11.24.2006 08:24 PM

crackers & cheese = nomnom

k-krack 11.24.2006 08:40 PM

Eh. it's ok. Kraft Dinner sucks ass, but homemade Macaroni+Cheese is usually pretty good stuff. Not on my top ten - or even twenty for that matter - meals, though.

jon boy 11.24.2006 08:51 PM

why would anyone want to eat that shit?

k-krack 11.24.2006 08:55 PM

To get the essential nutrients required to live, and fill up their tummys, presumably.

finding nobody 11.24.2006 11:56 PM

Easy mac is good. But not anyone can make it right.
E-z mac + too much water= noodles in cheesey water

blastscenealibi 11.25.2006 12:02 AM

I like to add sliced hot dogs, pork and beans and cottage cheese to mine. Then stir it all up. And torn up bits of bread thrown in.

atari 2600 11.25.2006 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Eh. it's ok. Kraft Dinner sucks ass, but homemade Macaroni+Cheese is usually pretty good stuff. Not on my top ten - or even twenty for that matter - meals, though.

It's not on mine either, just like yourself. When I do have it, it's with some elbow macaroni, a little milk in the water , maybe a dab of sour cream and margarine, and melted cheese. Kraft adds something to their cheese powder that strings kids out haha.

I'll eat some pasta salad, but
on the macaroni tip, mayo-based macaroni salad is fairly icky. The concoction that blastcenealibi described sounds repugnant. One can only hope that was his intention and that he really doesn't eat something like that. I do like large curd cottage cheese myself though every now and then as a side.

blastscenealibi 11.25.2006 01:39 AM

lol I just spewed lemonade on my keyboard.

atari 2600 11.25.2006 01:41 AM

at?
sig?
literal sticky keys

I've added hot dogs and bread to pork and beans or baked beans, but with cottage cheese and mac and cheese? Say it ain't so...

blastscenealibi 11.25.2006 01:47 AM

Aw man,

http://www.raos.com/recipes/pasta.htm

Okay, here's something better. Rao's has their recipes they put up on their site. This would be better eating. Their cookbook is one of my prized possesions.

atari 2600 11.25.2006 01:52 AM

Lemonade sounds so refreshing right about now.

At the risk of coming off as a simpleton for a moment...
I love lemonade.

Raos, eh?

I'm certain those are much more appetizing, blastscenealibi, than your "recipe" from above which reminded me of that horrid KFC "famous bowls" commercial. They play it during Sunday football a good bit. This girl is on the phone and she uses "sign language" to tell the guy what she wants from KFC as they are leaving. And what she wants is a bowl with all of their menu items mixed together. The chickee is freaky that way 'bout her chicken.