Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thurston Moore is Dead (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=104919)

Genteel Death 02.14.2014 08:44 PM

Thurston Moore is Dead

What is this crap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=D_weyQJtOjQ

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.14.2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death

This is the kind of boring bullshit that happens when people let Thurston attempt to write music without Lee and/or Steve ;)

MellySingsDoom 02.15.2014 04:06 AM

Jesus Christ, this is atrocious!

Nefeli 02.15.2014 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death

LOL

where the fuck is john?

whorefrost 02.15.2014 09:20 AM

:-(

tesla69 02.15.2014 10:46 AM

Doesn't this song follow in the path of the Psychic Hearts work?

now the video, that I can't handle...

evollove 02.15.2014 12:11 PM

Oh mellow out. It's obvious he was watching a lot of Kate Bush and R.E.M. videos and wanted to try his hand at something similar. Maybe he failed, but he could've made worse choices.

Derek 02.15.2014 12:47 PM

It would help if Thurston learned to write more than the one song. It's the exact same riffs and shit every time!

deflinus 02.15.2014 01:40 PM

His Psychic Hearts stuff stands out against his other solo shit. It's more droney and minimal. In his other albums, he's actually attempting to write fully fleshed out songs. And he hasn't evolved at all as a songwriter. They all have the same progression

Pookie 02.15.2014 03:44 PM

Isn't this Chelsea Light Moving?

Maybe the rest of the band have disowned it.

A Thousand Threads 02.15.2014 03:48 PM

well...
ouch

jennthebenn 02.15.2014 03:52 PM

He ditched the name "Chelsea Light Moving" and is back to recording under
the handle his mama gave him. Maybe now next time he comes to the
Black Cat for a gig the venue will be more than just half-full. Recording
some good music would help this as well.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.15.2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
It would help if Thurston learned to write more than the one song. It's the exact same riffs and shit every time!

Takes the gold!

Chris Lawrence 02.15.2014 06:01 PM

Tough crowd!! I liked the Chelsea Light Moving album so I hate to pile on, but this song is on the 7" that comes with the LP and when I first played it I thought it was a demo of the last song on the album (which sounds like a rewrite of "Tranquilizer", heh). I was horrified to discover that "Heavenmetal" is the first song on the CD version, and a little surprised to see it's now a (non-CLM) video! Not his finest work, and the rebranding is odd...is CLM finished now that Thurston lives in London?

diskaholic-anonymous 02.15.2014 07:26 PM

lol its his girlfriend in the video? Kim must be having lots of fun watching this :)

noisereductions 02.15.2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
I was horrified to discover that "Heavenmetal" is the first song on the CD version,

what? Weird. I bought the vinyl as well, so I had no idea. Huh.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.15.2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
Tough crowd!! I liked the Chelsea Light Moving album so I hate to pile on, but this song is on the 7" that comes with the LP and when I first played it I thought it was a demo of the last song on the album (which sounds like a rewrite of "Tranquilizer", heh). I was horrified to discover that "Heavenmetal" is the first song on the CD version, and a little surprised to see it's now a (non-CLM) video! Not his finest work, and the rebranding is odd...is CLM finished now that Thurston lives in London?

We collectively shit on The Eternal for about two solid years before I realized that its in my top-5 sonic records. Pure hating is just the SYG approach to music

zelocia 02.15.2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diskaholic-anonymous
lol its his girlfriend in the video? Kim must be having lots of fun watching this :)

Yes, his girlfriend is in the video. I doubt Kim would waste her time watching this tripe.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.16.2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelocia
I doubt Kim would waste her time watching this tripe.

They were married for like 1000 years. You know damned well she watched that shit. twice.

Toilet & Bowels 02.16.2014 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
They were married for like 1000 years.

That's probably exactly why you wouldn't watch that video