Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

automatic bzooty 05.28.2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
 

AGAIN

Sonic Youth 37 05.28.2009 08:23 PM

 


DOOM can really do no wrong

the ikara cult 05.28.2009 08:26 PM

 


The Dead C are vile

Sonic Youth 37 05.28.2009 08:32 PM

 

noisereductions 05.28.2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
 


DOOM can really do no wrong



This album got hated on quite a bit. I loved it.

joe11121 05.28.2009 08:45 PM

Natural Snow Buildings!!

Sonic Youth 37 05.28.2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
This album got hated on quite a bit. I loved it.


The ATHF thing was a little off, I'd rather it been just the DANGER DOOM thing, but DOOM's rhymes are great as usual. The thing I love most about him as an MC is that you can never really tell where his rhymes are going to come from. Some of the lines from all his albums still take me by surprise after 2 or 3 listens.

Sonic Youth 37 05.28.2009 09:11 PM

 

viewtiful_alan 05.29.2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
 





Is that one official?

 

Primary disc: 4.5/5
Bonus disc: 3/5

uhler 05.29.2009 01:14 AM

 

sonic sphere 05.29.2009 04:45 AM

mad season-live at the moore

atsonicpark 05.29.2009 05:00 AM

yeah deftones kick ass.

PAULYBEE2656 05.29.2009 06:35 AM

happy flowers

noisereductions 05.29.2009 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
Is that one official?



seems to be, since Wayne straight up narrates it. It doesn't really feel like a mixtape either. It feels like an outtakes album (which it is). I've decided to try to be very very selective about mixtapes nowadays. Same way I've always been with bootlegs. I try to go mainly for official ones for the most part.

Anyway, now:

 

atsonicpark 05.29.2009 07:09 AM

yeah happy flowers kick ass

viewtiful_alan 05.29.2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
seems to be, since Wayne straight up narrates it. It doesn't really feel like a mixtape either. It feels like an outtakes album (which it is). I've decided to try to be very very selective about mixtapes nowadays. Same way I've always been with bootlegs. I try to go mainly for official ones for the most part.

Anyway, now:



 

Is it actualy the chopped and screwed version?
In houston every mixtape you buy comes with a chopped and screwed version... I usually dont listen to them.

atsonicpark 05.29.2009 07:41 AM

I'm listening to

SLAVES!
built the pyramidssssss
SLAVES!
built the Parthenonnnnnnnn
SLAVES!
built Americaaaaaaa
SLAVES!
this is your song; thank you.....
SLAVES!
*dun dun dun dun*
thank you
SLAVES!
*dun dun dun dun*
thank you
SLAVES!
*dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnn*
thank youuuuuuuu slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaveeeeees...

noisereductions 05.29.2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
Is it actualy the chopped and screwed version?
In houston every mixtape you buy comes with a chopped and screwed version... I usually dont listen to them.


yeah, it is. It's alright (for a chopped version). But OG Ron C played it super-safe, which makes it kind of boring. Mostly he just slowed the tracks and left it on auto-pilot. There's only a handful of tracks where he manipulated the audio further.

True the chopped+screwed thing is overdone. But when done right, it can be really interesting. Like a dub remix album -- there's a right way and a wrong way to do it.

But yeah, I generally do NOT grab chopped albums. But I make a few exceptions.

sonic sphere 05.29.2009 08:08 AM

makaveli-the don killuminati: the 7 day theory

al shabbray 05.29.2009 08:28 AM

 

prefuse 73 - surrounded by silence

not his best, but enjoyable

EvdWee 05.29.2009 08:29 AM

new eels record.

good one!

sonic sphere 05.29.2009 09:33 AM

man or astro-man?-destroy all astromen!

al shabbray 05.29.2009 09:33 AM

 

can - ege bamyasi

stu666 05.29.2009 10:34 AM


 

atsonicpark 05.29.2009 10:35 AM

yeah man or astro-man kicks ass.

SuperCreep 05.29.2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I'm listening to

SLAVES!
built the pyramidssssss
SLAVES!
built the Parthenonnnnnnnn
SLAVES!
built Americaaaaaaa
SLAVES!
this is your song; thank you.....
SLAVES!
*dun dun dun dun*
thank you
SLAVES!
*dun dun dun dun*
thank you
SLAVES!
*dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnn*
thank youuuuuuuu slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaveeeeees...


haha. Wonder Showzen kicks ass.

atsonicpark 05.29.2009 10:44 AM

Yes!

afterthefact 05.29.2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic sphere
man or astro-man?-destroy all astromen!


great stuff!

afterthefact 05.29.2009 11:06 AM

This crazy doood on shuffle:

 

sonic sphere 05.29.2009 11:11 AM

megadeth-unplugged in buenos aires

_slavo_ 05.29.2009 12:03 PM

 


so beautiful

Rob Instigator 05.29.2009 12:09 PM

 


 


 

noisereductions 05.29.2009 12:10 PM

Rob, THINGS FALL APART is so incredible! I always seem to forget yr great taste in Golden Era hip hop.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 05.29.2009 12:37 PM

 

SuperCreep 05.29.2009 12:59 PM

 


Haven't listened to this one in nearly a year. I forgot how much I love it.

sonic sphere 05.29.2009 01:59 PM

method man-tical

Rob Instigator 05.29.2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Rob, THINGS FALL APART is so incredible! I always seem to forget yr great taste in Golden Era hip hop.


I got to see em in a small club on that things fall aaprt tour. that shit was excellent.

2nd best hip hop show I ever saw after de la soul in a small club for stakes is high

SuperCreep 05.29.2009 02:36 PM

 

noisereductions 05.29.2009 02:36 PM

The Roots was my first concert. 1996. Illadelph Tour. Pre-album release.

sonic sphere 05.29.2009 02:43 PM

ministry-early trax


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth