Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

The Soup Nazi 12.14.2020 10:20 PM

Goddammit, I had this stupid song stuck in my head for like two days and I didn't know what the fuck it was, only that it most likely had to be from the '70s, Macca/Bee Gees-influenced, and highly popular since they still play the motherfucker on the radio. Shit got old real quick and I thought the only way to exorcise it was to find out the "artist" (everybody's a fucking artist in the music biz, isn't it) and title. Turned out to be Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again (Naturally)". Now I want to shoot myself in the face.

The Soup Nazi 12.17.2020 12:01 AM

 

verme (prevaricator) 12.17.2020 07:54 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnZLqtNXbAM

The Soup Nazi 12.18.2020 12:28 AM

The late, great Jonathan Demme sure had fine taste in music. To name a few: Robyn Hitchcock, Neil Young, Talking Heads, Colin Newman, The Fall, and... Fac 321...

a baby in 1980 12.19.2020 06:49 AM

 


Enjoying this a lot. I love bands that can rock and sound totally laid-back at the same time.

NYCgaf16 12.19.2020 09:13 AM

man i love when people post an album and don't even say who made it or how it's called!

a baby in 1980 12.19.2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCgaf16
man i love when people post an album and don't even say who made it or how it's called!



Point taken.
The Strokes - The New Abnormal

guest 12.20.2020 02:24 AM

 


 

The Soup Nazi 12.20.2020 06:36 PM

^ Great selections!

ETA: I must spread some Reputation around before giving it to guest again.

_tunic_ 12.26.2020 05:32 AM

 

Savage Clone 12.26.2020 11:32 AM

 



100% gold, France 1978. Features Richard Pinhas!

!@#$%! 12.26.2020 01:47 PM

 

Savage Clone 12.26.2020 02:07 PM

Never heard of it

_tunic_ 12.26.2020 05:21 PM

THE EX - "That's not a virus"

PLAY LOUD :D








and before that:
Christmas in Ireland four years ago with Low, Gaelynn Lea and Erik Koskinen. Recorded by me and never shared, maybe soon it will ...

demonrail666 12.26.2020 06:23 PM


 



Current 93 - I Have a Special Plan For this World

Savage Clone 12.26.2020 08:23 PM

That’s a great one right there. It is, it is, it is, it is.

The Soup Nazi 12.26.2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Never heard of it


The Eroica? Wow, I grew up with it. Same conductor and orchestra, actually. (Fun fact: Lou Reed claimed there were bits of it on Metal Machine Music. To this day, very few people believe him. :))

On the other hand, there wasn't a REAL oldies station while I was growing up. Most of the blissful stuff you lucky sumbitches just took for granted, from Patty Duke's "The End Of The World" to the Count Five's "Psychotic Reaction", was something I started absorbing like a starved-to-near-death sponge when Al Gore invented the interwebs. Sure, there were stations playing "old" stuff, but not from the rock & roll & pop lineage/continuum; it was Spanish and Italian AM hits from the '60s and '70s, which, if you haven't heard, consider yourselves truly blessed - that shit makes ABBA sound like Merzbow on a seriously angry day.

The Soup Nazi 12.26.2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
and before that:
Christmas in Ireland four years ago with Low, Gaelynn Lea and Erik Koskinen. Recorded by me and never shared, maybe soon it will ...


Whatcha waiting for, dammit? :)

!@#$%! 12.27.2020 10:29 AM

the thing with the eroica is to find someone who plays it with energy but doesn't play it too fast.

heavy > nervous

Savage Clone 12.27.2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
The Eroica? Wow, I grew up with it. Same conductor and orchestra, actually. (Fun fact: Lou Reed claimed there were bits of it on Metal Machine Music. To this day, very few people believe him. :))

On the other hand, there wasn't a REAL oldies station while I was growing up. Most of the blissful stuff you lucky sumbitches just took for granted, from Patty Duke's "The End Of The World" to the Count Five's "Psychotic Reaction", was something I started absorbing like a starved-to-near-death sponge when Al Gore invented the interwebs. Sure, there were stations playing "old" stuff, but not from the rock & roll & pop lineage/continuum; it was Spanish and Italian AM hits from the '60s and '70s, which, if you haven't heard, consider yourselves truly blessed - that shit makes ABBA sound like Merzbow on a seriously angry day.



Your sarcasm detector needs a tuneup. I was kidding and giving symbols a ribbing akin to “deep cut, dude” because of its well known status.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content ©2006 Sonic Youth