Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   valentines (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10343)

king_buzzo 02.07.2007 11:49 AM

hahah they changed the prices of the roses they're 2.50 this year. lameass

Inhuman 02.07.2007 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo

ahahaha, a few years ago my group were so tempted to steal them once on mothers day. It was a roadside stand, and it would be so easy just to bike by, snatch one, and bike away.

sonicl 02.07.2007 11:56 AM

Quote:

They always do. Sending roses on Valentines Day is for suckers. Sending any sort of flowers on Valentines Day is for suckers actually. And the same goes for going out for a meal.

Trasher02 02.07.2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Them greedy dutchmen.

Rob Instigator 02.07.2007 01:47 PM

On Velentine's Day I ahve made reservations for me and my lady to go to Michelangelo's a great Italia restaurant, very romantic, and I have gotten her a multi-pack of presents. She is a huge Morrissey and Tony bennett fanatic, so I got her a DVD Tony Bennett's New York, which is a BBC docu that was done on Mr bennett and includes a ton of songs. Also, there is the 12" sealed YOU ARE THEUARRY vinyl, the YOU ARE THE QUARRY CD with DVD extra, and the 12" single for EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY

this pic is from new year's

nature scene 02.07.2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
what is this ironing? sounds brutal!

and for the record: listening to Panda Bear's Person Pitch>99.98 % of all female persons.

You found a time machine, went into the future and bought the upcoming Panda Bear album?

Being able to travel in time > 99.98% of everything else.

LittlePuppetBoy 02.07.2007 09:03 PM

I don't really have much to do on Valentine's. Plus I'm way too shy to give girls valentine's.

davenotdead 02.08.2007 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nature scene
You found a time machine, went into the future and bought the upcoming Panda Bear album?

Being able to travel in time > 99.98% of everything else.

I held out for about 4 days...then i downloaded the leak....couldn't stand it...don't worry though, I would go to war with Panda, so I will definitely be buying the album when it releases...illl probably buy a dozen, actually, and just have them handy whenever someone's birthday comes up...I don't care if they don't like it, I have faith that it will eventually find the ears of a willing listener...of course, this is so catchy and amazing, that everyone should like it anyway.

noumenal 02.08.2007 03:08 AM

I received a valentine in the mail today from my 3-year old nephew, Van. He also threw in a bag of Valentine's Day jelly beans.

They were delicious.

jon boy 02.08.2007 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noumenal
I received a valentine in the mail today from my 3-year old nephew, Van. He also threw in a bag of Valentine's Day jelly beans.

They were delicious.

thats very sweet.

James Blonde 02.08.2007 11:06 AM

James Blonde digs that day, time to spread your love.

nature scene 02.08.2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
I held out for about 4 days...then i downloaded the leak....couldn't stand it...don't worry though, I would go to war with Panda, so I will definitely be buying the album when it releases...illl probably buy a dozen, actually, and just have them handy whenever someone's birthday comes up...I don't care if they don't like it, I have faith that it will eventually find the ears of a willing listener...of course, this is so catchy and amazing, that everyone should like it anyway.

My birthday will be coming up soon after the release date. Want to send one of those b-day copies to me?

I've heard a couple of songs. That "Bros" song is pretty slick.

sonicl 02.08.2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Blonde
time to spread your love.

Sounds like a line from a bad soft-rock song.

James Blonde 02.08.2007 11:15 AM

James Blonde feels always happy for creating great lyrics.

Inhuman 02.08.2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
I don't really have much to do on Valentine's. Plus I'm way too shy to give girls valentine's.

Valentines*

And Eric, just try to communicate with girls more (and don't make comments like that spider comment you made last jam session :)) and meet them, and just network off it. Meet just one, and then meet all of her friends, and all their friends. Then when you know enough of them, likely one of them might like you, so if she shows it, then go for it!

If you like someone in the group, then if you think she likes you take it carefully, and go for it if you're pretty sure she likes you back. If not and you just go ahead and do it anyway, it's a shot in the dark, and likely you'll get a no, rejection, and depending on the circumstances, the group might disband ya.

James Blonde 02.08.2007 12:07 PM

James Blonde recommends using your natural charm.

sonicl 02.08.2007 12:12 PM

I am available to act as Valentine for any ladies who feel the need to send tokens of affection to a man but have no suitable target upon which to bestow them. I am happy to accept cards, chocolates, cuddly toys and record tokens. It will be appreciated if you do not mark your gifts in any way, as i will then be able to pass them onto my girlfriend and pretend that they are items that I have purchased especially for her. It will be appreciated if you do not sent garments of underwear, as this may lead to awkward questions.

nature scene 02.08.2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Valentines*

And Eric, just try to communicate with girls more (and don't make comments like that spider comment you made last jam session :)) and meet them, and just network off it. Meet just one, and then meet all of her friends, and all their friends. Then when you know enough of them, likely one of them might like you, so if she shows it, then go for it!

If you like someone in the group, then if you think she likes you take it carefully, and go for it if you're pretty sure she likes you back. If not and you just go ahead and do it anyway, it's a shot in the dark, and likely you'll get a no, rejection, and depending on the circumstances, the group might disband ya.

Actually, it should be Valentine's Day... since it's named after a person.

truncated 02.08.2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
It will be appreciated if you do not sent garments of underwear, as this may lead to awkward questions.

Your lack of specification of underwear gender leads me to question whether you sport it at all.

Well?

porkmarras 02.08.2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I am available to act as Valentine for any ladies who feel the need to send tokens of affection to a man but have no suitable target upon which to bestow them. I am happy to accept cards, chocolates, cuddly toys and record tokens. It will be appreciated if you do not mark your gifts in any way, as i will then be able to pass them onto my girlfriend and pretend that they are items that I have purchased especially for her. It will be appreciated if you do not sent garments of underwear, as this may lead to awkward questions.

Could you pm me your new address as i still have the old one?