Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Providence Setlist? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10633)

Concrete Abutments 02.18.2007 09:51 AM

Providence Setlist?

Where's the Providence setlist? I can't believe it's not up here yet. They must have played 'til dawn and everybody's still in bed. :confused:

sevenveils 02.18.2007 11:27 AM

hey y'all. well no, but it was 4 in the morning before i got home. including the hour passed out in some parking lot.
well, i don't have the actual setlist on me, which several people did get, but i can try...

what a show. it kicked new haven's ass of course. the sound was great, and the band was super into the audience. kim definitely went the extra mile, coming out beyond the monitors to sing and dance almost in the crowd and touch people. at one point she messed up this boy's hair, it was very cute.
the set was pretty much the same with some little differences....and i finally "got" some of the new stuff live (i havent really liked the record or gotten into the songs very much in the other couple shows i've seen on this tour). reena and incinerate were suuuuper tight and just led into the evening in general being fabulous.

they played all the rather ripped songs they've been playing, except they cut "or," for which i am thankful.
older stuff: candle, mote, bull in the heather, the empty page, world looks red, shaking hell.
2nd encore: silver motherfucking rocket. oh yes.

matt0009 02.18.2007 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevenveils
at one point she messed up this boy's hair, it was very cute.

heh, that boy was me. i certainly did not expect that! :D

here's a few photos I took during the show. i'm really happy with how they turned out. http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/557707081DLOoSH

sevenveils 02.18.2007 11:56 AM

ah memories.....

shout out to the youngsters of providence! most of you were really fun. (and several of you were outrageously cute.)
a worthy road trip.

tscaw 02.18.2007 12:56 PM

thanks for sharing the lupo's photos, matt. it looks like it was cold in there.

DoubleNickels 02.18.2007 01:03 PM

Raarrrrggghh...

I couldn't go see them because I was playing a show (which kicked ass even though only 20 people showed up to the coffeehouse, a band cancelled a week before hand and never told us...) but I figured Da Yoof would understand. I hope the would at least...

neptuneg 02.18.2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

hey y'all. well no, but it was 4 in the morning before i got home. including the hour passed out in some parking lot.
well, i don't have the actual setlist on me, which several people did get, but i can try...

what a show. it kicked new haven's ass of course. the sound was great, and the band was super into the audience. kim definitely went the extra mile, coming out beyond the monitors to sing and dance almost in the crowd and touch people. at one point she messed up this boy's hair, it was very cute.
the set was pretty much the same with some little differences....and i finally "got" some of the new stuff live (i havent really liked the record or gotten into the songs very much in the other couple shows i've seen on this tour). reena and incinerate were suuuuper tight and just led into the evening in general being fabulous.

they played all the rather ripped songs they've been playing, except they cut "or," for which i am thankful.
older stuff: candle, mote, bull in the heather, the empty page, world looks red, shaking hell.

woah woah. the empty page? i thought they haven't played this since the nurse tour.

Daddylikes 02.18.2007 02:23 PM

That's what I said. The empty page is HOT!

BTW! I WON THE "ELECTRIC MATT HOFFMAN" AWARD LAST NIGHT HERE IN CHARLOTTE AT GET BOMBED ii:DANCE OFF! PANTS OFF!

Which is funny, because the award was named after a patented dance move that I invented.

I was wearing a suit at the beginning...with tshirts underneath....and in the end I took off my american flag boxers to expose...an american flag thong!

I totally deserved the fly win!

charliep 02.18.2007 03:13 PM

hahaha, i was the guy standing next to you matt. nice pictures. anyone else have any?

kingcoffee 02.18.2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt0009
heh, that boy was me. i certainly did not expect that! :D

here's a few photos I took during the show. i'm really happy with how they turned out. http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/557707081DLOoSH

Lucky. Thurston once steped on my foot at a Sonic Youth/Magik Markers gig in Easthampton. He didnt realize he did it, but it was awesome. I've got the hole in my left shoe to prove it.

If I were you, I'd never wash my hair again. But I do that anyway.

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 02.18.2007 10:10 PM

Fucking nice set, The Empty Page is back :D

whorefrost 02.19.2007 06:09 AM

sweet Masonna shirt

against_the_grain 02.19.2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Oh yea !!! Blast Off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Spiritual Amnesia 02.19.2007 01:39 PM

yesssssssssssssssss............. i´m soo happy, that the empty page is back.

HaydenAsche 02.19.2007 01:43 PM

I want that Masonna shirt so bad.

noisereductions 02.19.2007 02:27 PM

I couldn't get out of work early enough to go. I did wear a SY shirt under my work clothes though. blah.

Danny Himself 02.19.2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
BTW, I actually joined this forum YEARS ago! My registration somehow got wiped! :eek: That makes me rather ripped!:mad:

When the forum was revamped we all had to get new accounts.

margotapplebaum 02.24.2007 01:53 PM

dammit! i wished the played the empty page at the MA and CT shows :(