Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why are you guys such downers? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8624)

davenotdead 12.02.2006 11:20 PM

Why are you guys such downers?

? not trying to be rude or anything...but its interesting...are you guys even aware of your penchant or is it so natural for you that it goes unnoticed?
...and dont respond with the tired "oh are you one of those people who grins like an idiot all day" responses....

fishmonkey 12.02.2006 11:34 PM

yeah sure.
if i knew what "penchant" ment now i'd be doing ok.
suck my balls

fishmonkey 12.02.2006 11:35 PM

oh i get it.
yr Hayden.

schizophrenicroom 12.02.2006 11:36 PM

it just goes unnoticed.

davenotdead 12.03.2006 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
it just goes unnoticed.

i figured as much, thanks for the reply....im not hayden

Savage Clone 12.03.2006 12:57 AM

It's my nature.

schizophrenicroom 12.03.2006 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
i figured as much, thanks for the reply....im not hayden

no problem.

there is only one hayden.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 12.03.2006 01:01 AM

Quote:

? not trying to be rude or anything...but its interesting...are you guys even aware of your penchant or is it so natural for you that it goes unnoticed?
...and dont respond with the tired "oh are you one of those people who grins like an idiot all day" responses....

According to Glice we are all spent masturbators desperately seeking to still waste time in some manor (not an exact quote I know.) I think that explains a lot about the SY forumites.

People are fucktards and shitheads because it is the internet, and there are not really any consequences, except if you say something dumb, Savage Clone will remember, and then later bring it up when you've forgot all about it.

Savage Clone 12.03.2006 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
People are fucktards and shitheads because it is the internet, and there are not really any consequences, except if you say something dumb, Savage Clone will remember, and then later bring it up when you've forgot all about it.

Again, it's just what I do.

davenotdead 12.03.2006 01:04 AM

good points julian...

sonicl 12.03.2006 02:42 AM

Downers? There may be handful of people here who thrive on negativity, but it's bit much to tar us all with the same brush.

davenotdead 12.03.2006 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Downers? There may be handful of people here who thrive on negativity, but it's bit much to tar us all with the same brush.

i was, but take a look at the thread titles....it could perhaps be that the big downers are the people who wont shutup....perhaps the happier/chill people should post more often...or maybe i've stumbled upon an excellent correlation....

Danny Himself 12.03.2006 06:45 AM

You have!

jon boy 12.03.2006 06:47 AM

we are such downers because it makes the world go round.

static-harmony 12.03.2006 06:48 AM

I'msuchaDownerBeeCAuseIHadAcrAPPYCHILDHOOd.

PAULYBEE2656 12.03.2006 09:19 AM

losing yr family in a car crash
seeing someone close to you having to cope with severe injuries
not being able to afford to eat from day to day.....

they are downers

this is an internet forum

sorry, just stating the fucking obvious.............

jon boy 12.03.2006 09:26 AM

the reason i feel down recently is because someone has lied and hurt me quite badly recently.

atari 2600 12.03.2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Yeah, SpectralJulian has some good points.

This is how I sum it up: They are too cool for school.
In other words, a bunch of fucking brats.
Self-centered, willfully ignorant and shittily-grinning ego-to-megalo-maniacs just to clarify. And it's not like "what you find anywhere in any community." The virtual anonymity of the internet, which could be used to humbly gain information, is instead abused as a mask to behave badly and to cover the fact that ne'er-do-wells know very little about very little.

atari 2600 12.03.2006 09:51 AM

And there's a lot of jealousy that drives much of the observable behavior.

atari 2600 12.03.2006 09:55 AM

I learned a long time ago that life rarely conforms to one's expectations.
I learned this, but I have still not acted upon what I have learned and truly accepted this. With acceptance will come wisdom, but, as it is with many other people, it requires a lifetime to truly accomplish.