Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Do you have a tinnitus (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2906)

neptune 06.13.2006 04:19 PM

Do you have a tinnitus

me not really...
and what about you??

i know, this is a strange thread, whatever...

Glice 06.13.2006 04:21 PM

Moderately. I can rarely be bothered with the pain of live music these days.

Phlegmscope 06.13.2006 05:14 PM

After the AMT concert a year ago my ears were ringing almost two days, and that's the only time my ears rang, for a moment I thought it was to stay permanently. At the time I didn't use any plugs, in fact I didn't start using them until january. I like it when it's loud so you're able to "feel" it in your body (I don't mean the low frequencies alone), but at that level it's not really healthy for yr ears anymore, thus the plugs.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 06.13.2006 05:16 PM

Sometimes.

Hip Priest 06.13.2006 05:17 PM

I don't.

My wife has been diagnosed as possibly having it. But we don't know if it's been caused by damage sustained when hving her ears syringed recently. It started just after, and the nurse has made no record of the visit, which is strange.

jon boy 06.13.2006 05:20 PM

i dont have it as much as i used to but then i did used to go to a lot of shows.

Savage Clone 06.13.2006 05:56 PM

I don't, and I feel like I have dodged a bullet.
I wear earplugs at shows all the time now.
I don't have ringing, but I definitely have aversions to certain frequencies.

Onani Nic 06.13.2006 07:31 PM

yes, sometimes. I have taken up wearing earplugs. I've only really had it bad once and that was after seeing two Japanese sludge bands who I forget the names of, they were a Corrupted sideproject. ANyway one was a bass and drum duo and the bass player had 3 massive amps in a room the side of an average kitchen.

It was unreal one of the best shows I've ever seen but my ears rang for two days after. Now I wear earplugs.

nomadicfollower 06.13.2006 07:33 PM

No.

EMMAh 06.13.2006 07:33 PM

Sometimes, after I go to shows my ears ring for 2 or 3 days.

Onani Nic 06.13.2006 07:38 PM

I'm really scared of it actually, i always wear earplugs now, even in the shower.

acousticrock87 06.13.2006 07:41 PM

After shows usually for the rest of the day. And I get that random 5 second thing occasionally, for no reason.

Also, I don't know if this is common but I can hear a TV on mute from the other side of the house, even when I'm in the shower occasionally, in a very thin tinnitus-like ring, and it spikes when it's turned on or off. I was in a class once and all of a sudden I heard it, and someone else in the class looked around and asked if there was a TV on. Everyone kind of looked at him weird, but I heard it too. Sure enough, someone in this little back room thing - we didn't know anyone was even in there - had turned a TV on with the volume off. Does anyone else have this? I've read that it's common but a lot of people I know don't hear it.

EMMAh 06.13.2006 07:45 PM

Yeah, if I'm walking down the road I can hear peoples TV. Not like the sound of the show though, just this weird sound haha.

nicfit 06.14.2006 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
After shows usually for the rest of the day. And I get that random 5 second thing occasionally, for no reason.

Also, I don't know if this is common but I can hear a TV on mute from the other side of the house, even when I'm in the shower occasionally, in a very thin tinnitus-like ring, and it spikes when it's turned on or off. I was in a class once and all of a sudden I heard it, and someone else in the class looked around and asked if there was a TV on. Everyone kind of looked at him weird, but I heard it too. Sure enough, someone in this little back room thing - we didn't know anyone was even in there - had turned a TV on with the volume off. Does anyone else have this? I've read that it's common but a lot of people I know don't hear it.

i have it,i have it! it tought i was mad/alien,now i know we're mad/invading earth!

screamingskull 06.14.2006 04:23 AM

i have for about 2 years now, ever sice seeing Interpol and standing about an inch away from the wall of speekers. it really sucks especially at night when its quiet and all i can hear is buzzing hissing or ringing.
it's my oun fault though.

fishmonkey 06.14.2006 05:04 AM

sometimes when i come in from band practice i have ringing in my ears that keep my up half the fuckin night.

Glice 06.14.2006 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87

That's nothing to do with tinnitus - that's having very acute hearing. Which is an incredibly good thing. And surprising if you're a chap, mostly it's women who can hear those higher registers.

The ocassional ringing is to do with dehydration - drink more water.

king_buzzo 06.14.2006 08:36 AM

whats a tinnitus?

porkmarras 06.14.2006 08:43 AM

I'm very fussy when it comes to how i need to hear things.I hate it when music is played through nasty speakers that cut off frequencies that ought to be there and such things.

Silver ✴ Rocket 04.04.2015 11:17 AM

I’ve had tinnitus in my right ear for close to a month now. Not sure what caused it.