Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The breakfast thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=21527)

MellySingsDoom 04.29.2008 03:18 AM

The breakfast thread

Greetings pop pickers

So, what do you like to eat and drink to start the day?- Mine are

Healthy option: Weetabix with pumpkin seeds, and an orange juice.
Unhealty option: Bacon sandwich and a cup of tea
Fatboy option - Greggs steak bake and a strong black coffee with 2 sugars.

debradarko 04.29.2008 03:25 AM

well today i had two pieces of toast with vegemite

sarramkrop 04.29.2008 03:37 AM

I've had a cup of coffee and a slice of lemon cake.

Death & the Maiden 04.29.2008 04:03 AM

I have cereal, but only Cluster Crunch. It has all the usual cereal stuff, as well as choc chips. It's quite addictive.

jon boy 04.29.2008 04:05 AM

i thought this was going to be about the breakfast club and someone was going to start crying like emilio estevez.

anyway i had an apple.

!@#$%! 04.29.2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Greetings pop pickers

So, what do you like to eat and drink to start the day?- Mine are

Healthy option: Weetabix with pumpkin seeds, and an orange juice.
Unhealty option: Bacon sandwich and a cup of tea
Fatboy option - Greggs steak bake and a strong black coffee with 2 sugars.

brilliant classification. i should replicate it.

since it's the "summer" season, i'll stick with summer choices

healthy option: fruit smoothie. today it's mango, bananas, dates, almond milk. a bit of granola on the side.

unhealthy option: {white bread, butter, jam}*repeat. add caffeinated beverage of choice.

fatboy option 1: buckwheat pancakes, 2 fried eggs sunny side up, a side of applewood smoked bacon, coffee. (i eat this mostly in winter but eh! it's FATBOY OPTION!)

fatboy option 2: sesame bagels, cream cheese, lox, red onion, tomato, capers. key lime pie. coffee. <- oh im going for this next sunday

jonathan 04.29.2008 08:50 AM

ideally:

a bowl of a hearty grain (usually Amaranth, but today its five grain oats)

Ezekial toast with Marmite

Banana and natural peanut butter

two cups of coffee

HECKLER SPRAY 04.29.2008 09:09 AM

A beer.

floatingslowly 04.29.2008 09:30 AM

several gallons of coffee and a nature valley bar.

although today I rolled fatboy and got a "BIG TEXAS" cinnamon roll (made in Chicago) from the vending machine. according to the sticker, it was voted Pastry of the Year 2005-2007 by Automatic Merchandizer!!!!!!

!@#$%! 04.29.2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
several gallons of coffee and a nature valley bar.

although today I rolled fatboy and got a "BIG TEXAS" cinnamon roll (made in Chicago) from the vending machine. according to the sticker, it was voted Pastry of the Year 2005-2007 by Automatic Merchandizer!!!!!!

floatingslowly 04.29.2008 09:44 AM

I know.

I disgust me.

:(

alteredcourse 04.29.2008 12:49 PM

Either ,
organic 3.5% plain yogurt with frozen blueberries

or

A couple slices of organic 100% rye toast smeared with roasted almond butter , and a boiled egg .

With a cup of organic matcha if I have the time .

At some point on the weekend i'll go out and have a greasy plate of fried eggs or benedict and sausages .

█████████ 04.29.2008 12:59 PM

EMMAh 04.29.2008 01:04 PM

Every morning I have two sunny side up eggs and two pieces of bread (preferably brown bread) with margarine. Tasty tasty.

Glice 04.29.2008 01:05 PM

Muesli and orange juice is my usual breakfast. Followed by a cigarette and a nice fresh wrap of heroin. Helps give me that warm morning glow.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.29.2008 01:11 PM

this shit will both save and change yr life for the positive. "We've got to build our love on one foundation." peter tosh

the breakfast of livity is whole, from the earth. Eat nothing but as much fruit as you can fill yr belly with, apples, oranges, strawberries, kiwi, mango, apricot, whatever fruit you like. Eat at least three full pieces [servings] if not four or five, trust me its easy, fruit is not as filling as it seems. From this foundation of health, you will have achieved more then most, and yr desires to consume self-destructive so-called "foods" and yr dependencies on so-called "medicines" will disappear, as yr body rebuilds itself using the proper tools. Also, you dont produce nearly enough enzymes to digest most of what you eat, these enzymes come from whole fruits, not even vegetables. the more colorful the better. you will live forever from this diet I swear, and even cure cancer!

Derek 04.29.2008 01:29 PM

I just have some cereal.

I don't have time in the morning to have a proper breakfast.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.29.2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek

I don't have time in the morning to have a proper breakfast.

this is the lifestyle and lack of discipline that is literally killing hundreds of thousands of americans through preventable diseases. please, try harder, its easy I swear!

✌➬ 04.29.2008 01:35 PM

Nothing, going to have lunch soon.

!@#$%! 04.29.2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I know.

I disgust me.

:(

it's not disgusting man, it's sad, i mean, i fucking love to eat, ha ha ha--

anyway fast forward to lunch

i made a salad of shredded celery root, red cabbage, carrots, hulled hemp seed, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil and a tiny bit of brown rice syrup.

YUMMY.

i want an apple for dessert