Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

evolove 08.20.2023 11:56 PM

Something fascinating and greatly enjoyable to know a single forum thread I read when I was 14 nearly daily is still around

choc e-Claire 09.14.2023 11:21 PM

picking up a prescription for estradiol valerate tonight...

!@#$%! 09.15.2023 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
picking up a prescription for estradiol valerate tonight...

relevant! first time?

choc e-Claire 09.15.2023 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
relevant! first time?

yep, just 2mg doses for now while we wait and see what it'll do

!@#$%! 09.15.2023 06:45 PM

Quote:

yep, just 2mg doses for now while we wait and see what it'll do

wow! congrats?

and break a leg, yeah

hippietears 11.01.2023 07:55 AM

I submitted 3 poems to my uni's lit mag, and a lit mag I got a submission accepted to is being posted at the end of November! Here's the website if you want to check it out, my great poetry friends Florence and Daulton run it

https://poetryaspromisedsu9.wixsite....aspromisedmaga

verme (prevaricator) 11.05.2023 10:09 AM

Puts a grin on my face that this page doesn't print a 404, I can recognise some names, and the comment tag left by chabib at the bottom is still there.

Severian 11.06.2023 06:27 AM

I sold my house.

!@#$%! 11.06.2023 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I sold my house.

this could be good... moving away at last?

_slavo_ 11.06.2023 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolove
Something fascinating and greatly enjoyable to know a single forum thread I read when I was 14 nearly daily is still around

damn right! I was 20 when I first joined. Now I'm 42.

_tunic_ 11.07.2023 10:54 AM

Quote:

I sold my house.

do you also have a new house, or you're just staying homeless?
I'm considering to sell my house(apartment actually) and get a "new" one. I'm sick and tired having to explain my neighbours that I don't want them to start a party at 5AM and party on until the early morning. They get pissed off and violent at me while all I want to do is sleep.
But mortgage is such a hell over here, I'm not sure what I can buy instead if I can buy at all. Should do a checkup haven't done it yet. Renting a place is even worse btw, not that I necessarily want to do that.

!@#$%! 11.07.2023 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
I'm considering to sell my house(apartment actually) and get a "new" one. I'm sick and tired having to explain my neighbours that I don't want them to start a party at 5AM and party on until the early morning. They get pissed off and violent at me while all I want to do is sleep.
But mortgage is such a hell over here, I'm not sure what I can buy instead if I can buy at all. Should do a checkup haven't done it yet. Renting a place is even worse btw, not that I necessarily want to do that.

ever thought of adding a sleeping pod to your apartment?

odd i know, and semi-pricey, but cheap as hell vs buying a new place

and don't worry, you neighbors (they're the assholes)will get old eventually hahahha

but anyway...

Severian 11.08.2023 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_

I moved a while back, and have been fixing the place up a bit on weekends.
So I’m not unhinged, no.

Made some dough, which was nice.

!@#$%! 11.08.2023 09:22 AM

Quote:

Made some dough, which was nice.

use it to fleeeeee! XD

hippietears 11.10.2023 12:09 PM

Im failing my psych class and first year seminar class but I cant drop any because then I wouldn't be a full time student FUCK MY LIFE :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

choc e-Claire 12.17.2023 11:16 PM

Quote:

wow! congrats?

and break a leg, yeah

Three months on estradiol has softened up my skin and started to shuffle the fat around (a little less blocky, a little thicker); five weeks on cyproterone has nearly killed off my libido (not that I could do anything with it anyway now).

!@#$%! 12.18.2023 01:47 PM

Quote:

Three months on estradiol has softened up my skin and started to shuffle the fat around (a little less blocky, a little thicker); five weeks on cyproterone has nearly killed off my libido (not that I could do anything with it anyway now).

the important question though: you happy? how are you feeling?

choc e-Claire 12.18.2023 05:25 PM

Quote:

the important question though: you happy? how are you feeling?

The thing is that you don't feel emotions in a vacuum, so even while I've had a few more stresses going on in my life lately (and I've been responding to them more intensely, either due to the magnitude of the stress or changing hormones) I still think that this is a good move. It's making me feel better about at least one aspect of this, looking in the mirror and realising I'm closer to something I want.