Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post Something Completely Relevant (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=86273)

!@#$%! 03.28.2019 07:21 AM

“i know her for 5 years” lolololol

ok...

i know you wanna be innocent in this but

1. you let her move in with you (did she copy your keys? change the locks)

2. you’re being a little shit holding her filter hostage, itching for her to do something

don’t you know a bunch of people in common? just send it through one of them!

but srsly... lololol.... cougars!

ilduclo 03.28.2019 07:35 AM

Neal Old and POTR tickets, $236 to $675. Lol

!@#$%! 03.30.2019 03:11 PM

considering a proton mail account right now, but concerned about single location locking me out in case of server failure/disaster/whatever.

some times security is TOO MUCH security and you lock yourself out.

no?

like the people who lose their bitcoin key lmao

The Gazpacho Gestapo 03.31.2019 12:29 PM

^ use Windows Defender

!@#$%! 03.31.2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gazpacho Gestapo
^ use Windows Defender

win... oh... ms defender for osx now i see

but im talking about an email provider. currently have gmail addresses, but gmail scans your shit. sure, i have to pay for the resources somehow, but my privacy is not my preferred form of currency.

would switch to google business but don't know if they still scan... hmmm...

proton mail is VERY interesting but since it's hosted in a single location any small catastrophe could lock me out of connectivity (e.g. large hadron collider meltdown, lmao).

The Gazpacho Gestapo 03.31.2019 01:09 PM

^ rancid mung

!@#$%! 03.31.2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gazpacho Gestapo
^ rancid mung

think you meant

"OSX IS FOR MOOKS. ARE YOU A MOOK?" :D

yes... :o

!@#$%! 04.09.2019 04:59 PM

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc.....

don’t do sports, people

sports kill!

https://youtu.be/CR3oqr1yx38

BRRRRRR! fucccccc

EVOLghost 04.10.2019 12:09 PM

Saw something like this happen at a high school Pep Rally. Some cheerleader rugged up her ankle fell and no one else noticed. The cheerleader in front of her back flipped onto the face of the hurt girl. Anyway...the whole gym cheered. Anyway...awkward!

!@#$%! 04.11.2019 06:33 AM

flipped onto her face and the gym cheered?

lmao

_slavo_ 04.11.2019 07:23 AM

I've had another histamine episode lately, fever and severe bellyache
I need to set myself a strict diet again.

!@#$%! 04.11.2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I've had another histamine episode lately, fever and severe bellyache
I need to set myself a strict diet again.

it's probably the stress of moving etc, that is boosting it. which, understandable.

no parmesan and red wine for you! :D

(no sauerkraut either. damn, that was a blow when i found out...)

take care of yourself man. like arnold, good health is número uno.

EVOLghost 04.11.2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
flipped onto her face and the gym cheered?

lmao

Pretty much. High schoolers can be brutal...

!@#$%! 04.11.2019 01:08 PM

dang...

_slavo_ 04.12.2019 08:59 AM

I am quite depressed

!@#$%! 04.12.2019 09:50 AM

i hate paperwork, and i've got a headache

Diesel 05.17.2019 09:39 AM

NYCgaf16 03.08.2020 02:32 PM

hey what is this diet coke post comething completely irrelevant thread

Antagon 06.18.2023 08:46 AM

Didn't know which other thread to post this in, because it's not entirely political, but a little fun aside to a conversation started in the Politcs Thread:

I was actually interviewed by a German queer-themed YouTube channel yesterday. People were enamored with the cart my group was driving around. And it was my turn at the pedals when I was approached by a guy with a mic. My voice was incredibly hoarse at the time and I kind of shout-talked my way through it, because there was a speaker right behind me blasting fucking loud Post-Punk. I had to really concentrate to actually hear the interviewer's questions, but it worked after initial complications. That's why I look so stern, I think. Honestly, that channel's noise-cancelling recording equipment and/or editing is pretty sophisticated. But it came out alright, all in all.

A small convo about the "spookiness" of the cart (four-seater rickshaw, actually) at 2:03 (translated):

Interviewer: And why is there a dangling skull? I'm a bit scared.

Me: It's a bit spooky, right? I mean, it's just aesthetics. We call this the "Munster Mobile" here. It's not to be taken all too seriously, we just like spooky aesthetics.

And a little mission statement at 6:05

Me: We're taking part at the parade today, because we are a pretty diverse group. Among us you'll find all kinds of preferences, of gender identities [...] and we just want to represent the Goth, Punk and Post-Punk fraction here.

There's also a nice little pan on the group and the mobile at 2:50 - sans my awkward hoarse voice. A good friend had asked me beforehand, whether her small group of witchy cosplayers could join us - the person holding up the banner is part of that group.

Not a fan of the immediate cut to the Neoliberal Party of Austria after the first interview section, but what can you do? They drew the lot two spots behind us during the starting number raffle last month, so they were closeby and had a huge inflatable flamingo - that draws the media's attention. To put it in American terms - they are somewhat Libertarian-lite - though maybe a bit more vocal about basic social issues. Hyper-capitalist though. Last year, The Green Party was right behind us.

Addendum: But I'm happy they also decided to lend a voice to the group remembering those who were killed for their queerness during the Nazi-regime at 7:36. "Never Forget" the banner up front reads. It's a good thing the format didn't shy away from this more somber discourse. It's important to remember.