Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

screamingskull 01.02.2008 03:53 PM

everyone has there own favourites, and Gus Van Sant is my favourite ever, i think he is marvelous.

Rob Instigator 01.02.2008 04:04 PM

either way Sweeney Todd sucked the anal bacteria out of the puckered assholes of everyone in attendance. it was horrible

Savage Clone 01.02.2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop

I have never been able to make it all the way through this movie.
I hate every character in it, seriously. They are all loathesome, wretched people and I can't relate to any of them. I don't think I will ever really understand this movie, and it's so highly rated that it must have some kind of redeeming qualities that I am simply not seeing.

screamingskull 01.02.2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
either way Sweeney Todd sucked the anal bacteria out of the puckered assholes of everyone in attendance. it was horrible

it looked shit in the advert. but i hate Tim Burton.

Rob Instigator 01.02.2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I hate every character in it, seriously. They are all loathesome, wretched people and I can't relate to any of them. I don't think I will ever really understand this movie, and it's so highly rated that it must have some kind of redeeming qualities that I am simply not seeing.

I hae the same feeling with GUMMO and KIDS and any of that fucko's movies. I get to a point where I am literally screaming in my skull "WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THESE PEOPLE?????????????"

WASTE OF TIME, WASTE OF CELLULOID, WASTE OF SUPPOSED TALENT,.

Everyneurotic 01.02.2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
Ditto.

No offense but I'll add that Van Sant is one of the most overrated directors ever in my opinion.

word.

drugstore cowboy is fantastic, though, i'm seeing it tomorrow.

---

i hate kids because, like rob said, i don't give a shit about those characters, they have what they deserve but i really don't care about them; besides, the acting and everything seems like stupid robots programmed to shock pretentious film students.

but i would love to see gummo, if only because everyone seems to have reasons to be incredibly fucked up without there being a reason.

thindarkduke13 01.02.2008 09:58 PM

I just saw Bulworth and Louis Malle's Zazie dans le metro.

nicfit 01.03.2008 03:33 AM

Bender's big score. First part = fun , middle to 3/4 = quite dragging along, ending = semi fun, all in all , decent.

Tokolosh 01.03.2008 03:48 AM

Quote:

I hae the same feeling with GUMMO and KIDS and any of that fucko's movies. I get to a point where I am literally screaming in my skull "WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THESE PEOPLE?????????????"

Larry Clark never intended making any of his characters likeable.
He often portrays a bleak view of american culture, and I think he's pretty accurate at doing so.
I can imagine that his films are very confronting to most Americans and the like.
Not to everyone's taste, I suppose.

It obviously seems to work, if you consider the reactions to Clark's films in some of these posts.

Tokolosh 01.03.2008 03:53 AM

I watched this last night.
A bit slow in parts, but enjoyable. The animation is sublime.

sarramkrop 01.03.2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone

Whatever. HA!

✌➬ 01.03.2008 04:57 AM

Quote:

God me and the loverboy went to see this movie. I was bored by the first scene. never date a person who is into musicals. Did you see the Previews to Mama Mia? That looked awful as well.

█████████ 01.03.2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

i'm sorry but that thinking is pretty dumb

that might explain why you like overrated turds like schindler's list
it's not the subject of the movie that makes it good or bad

girlgun 01.03.2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

i'm concurring all over the place.

you know what my most hated movie is? happiness. (yes i realize that solondz)

ALIEN ANAL 01.03.2008 10:28 PM

Ricky Gervais Live :FAME

pretty funny, not as funny as the other 2 but it had my laughing lots
he never fails me

h8kurdt 01.04.2008 05:53 AM

Speaking of stand up's, I watched Eddie Murphy's Delirious last night. Now that guy is funny.

I also watched For you consideration. Nowhere near as good as Mighty Wind or Best In show.

✌➬ 01.04.2008 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh

I actually enjoyed this film, one of my favorites.

Norma J 01.04.2008 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Speaking of stand up's, I watched Eddie Murphy's Delirious last night. Now that guy is funny.

That is funny.

nicfit 01.04.2008 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh

Not a bad movie at all, but I think the script is quite weak... visually it's great (duh!, who would have thought that:rolleyes:??), but "eternal sunshine..." is a much better result in film-making, methinks. Plus, I find GG bernal's performance a bit annoying... still quite enjoyable.

h8kurdt 01.04.2008 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
That is funny.

As in, he is funny or that it's funny that I think that it was funny?

Either way that along with Raw is some funny shit. Think I prefer him over Richard Pryor (BLASPHEMY!!)