Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

Bytor Peltor 11.24.2020 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
Fetch The Bolt Cutters - Fiona Apple.

I was riding around town with my daughter yesterday and she had this on. The piano on the opening track is as epic as, Aladdin Sane.

kindred spirits - the next time you have a nightmare, remember this mixtape

Drjohnrock 12.27.2020 09:31 PM

Shortly before Christmas I ordered a limited edition live CD of The Paranoid Style. It's mostly acoustic, which is quite unusual for them. I haven't received it yet but that's probably due to all of the chaos with the mail. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Severian 12.27.2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Really great album.
It’s always nice when something is just so high quality that it doesn’t need to break new ground or be sonically adventurous. Fiona just writes such compelling songs, and feeling is so palpable.

It almost feels like a Tom Waits record in some respects. Just totally vibrating with its own momentum, even on the slow moments. Really and truly one of the best “singer-songwriter” releases from an established artists in a long time.

g. 01.04.2021 03:55 PM

Technically bought for me as Christmas presents but...

All on vinyl;

Thurston Moore - By the Fire
Jonsi - Shiver
Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped
Loren Connors - Blues The Dark Paintings of Rothko

Also bought myself...

Sun Ra - Early and Rare
The Callas with Lee Ranaldo - Trouble and Desire

g. 01.04.2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Album of the year for me. Remarkable.

Bytor Peltor 01.09.2021 03:22 PM

It was 12ish years ago that I first heard SYG’s Dead-Air play, Shalloboi on What’s This Called?

Received a wonderful package from Tyler yesterday. The packaging/artwork is fantastic and all the fuzzy guitar bliss you can handle!! Also, he included the 7” test pressing cut from marble : )

Oh - the prices are beyond reasonable:

$4 double cassette

$2 7”

$4 double CD

$2 CD

sonic sphere 02.28.2021 11:29 AM

hirsute_biped 03.17.2021 11:50 AM

Been conservative with record purchases for quite a while, but just spent some bonus money on the band (of many name changes) that does it the most for me these days:

Thanks to Forced Exposure for distributing these Swedish releases and thereby saving me a bunch of shipping costs

Skuj 03.20.2021 02:45 PM

Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club.

choc e-Claire 03.31.2021 05:47 AM

Isn't Anything, Loveless, m b v, and EPs 1988-1991.

Did you know that My Bloody Valentine have a new webstore?

Savage Clone 03.31.2021 06:58 AM

The best thing is you only have to hit refresh once every 23 years.

g. 04.01.2021 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Isn't Anything, Loveless, m b v, and EPs 1988-1991.

Did you know that My Bloody Valentine have a new webstore?

Awesome - i missed out on the deluxe vinyl of Loveless, sold out everywhere.

choc e-Claire 04.01.2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g.
Awesome - i missed out on the deluxe vinyl of Loveless, sold out everywhere.

So did I, but I got completely stiffed - I was early enough to order it initially, but in my foolishness I bought all three records individually rather than the bundle. By the time I got it cancelled from their online store, the deluxes had sold out :(

The Soup Nazi 04.01.2021 06:15 PM

I'm assuming you guys are talking about the fact that they signed to Domino. Since nobody has posted the link... https://www.dominomusic.com/releases...oody-valentine

hirsute_biped 04.02.2021 01:21 AM

https://lorigoldston.bandcamp.com/album/feral-angel

guest 04.02.2021 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
So did I, but I got completely stiffed - I was early enough to order it initially, but in my foolishness I bought all three records individually rather than the bundle. By the time I got it cancelled from their online store, the deluxes had sold out :(

unsurprisingly an absolute mess, had to pay fucking absurd jb hi fi prices after my orders direct and from juno both got cancelled.

guest 04.02.2021 04:06 AM

but choccy look into strangeworld records in north fitzroy, they've still got preorders for the deluxe up I noticed and pretty cheap, maybe give em a ring/shoot an email and see what the chances are like.

choc e-Claire 04.02.2021 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest
unsurprisingly an absolute mess, had to pay fucking absurd jb hi fi prices after my orders direct and from juno both got cancelled.

The online store has given me a refund for my deluxe order so now that's all sorted. It remains to be seen which I'll actually get.

Skuj 04.03.2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
The best thing is you only have to hit refresh once every 23 years.

This deserves a requote.

Hey Kevin, it's 20 fucking 21 already.

Skuj 04.03.2021 02:54 PM

Mogwai - As the Love Continues.