Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Brooklyn Show 7/28 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13995)

squirrel_bait 06.17.2007 03:44 PM

Brooklyn Show 7/28

Is anyone going to the McCarren Pool show on 7/28?
I have to come solo because my hubby is otherwise occupied that day and I'm looking to meet up with some other SY fans if possible.
One of my goals in life is to meet Thurston and have my pic taken with him. Maybe we can work on this together? :D
Either msg me here or email me if you're interested.
In case it matters, I'm female, 28 years old, from PA and relatively sane. No criminal record. :p
Thanks, kids!

triggercutter 06.17.2007 03:59 PM

i went to last years sy mccarren pool show. after the show, i waited out back for the band to leave and got a pic with thurston. i might be up for doing that again.

val-holla-ing 06.17.2007 06:02 PM

:-( i'll be three days out of nyc.

folks just keep on rubbing this one in.

drrrtyboots 06.17.2007 08:28 PM

I'll be there but not sqqqqqqquare.

Georgekrz 06.17.2007 09:00 PM

i will be there. maybe thurston will invite everyone to the after party like he did last year. ive never seen anyone ask him for a pic or an autograph though, i dont think thats considered cool...

jennthebenn 06.17.2007 09:18 PM

i will also be there.

i've seen numerous folks approach thurston for pics and/or autographs,
myself included. in my experience, both personal and witnessed, he was
very gracious about it all.

Everyneurotic 06.17.2007 09:48 PM

i'll probably go, i'm going to be in brooklyn around those days.

deflinus 06.17.2007 11:01 PM

i really want to try to meet the band or anyone. im fucking excited for this gig

val-holla-ing 06.17.2007 11:22 PM

thurston's always been nice and willing to pose for a pic.

Everyneurotic 06.18.2007 08:08 AM

they are the nicest band i have ever met.

val-holla-ing 06.18.2007 09:15 AM

so while all these people are in NYC, is anyone going to go and check out john zorn with ikue mori and a bunch of other cats at the stone on the 22nd (of july, that is)?

Georgekrz 06.18.2007 10:11 AM

its cool, im just jealous cause i dont have a camera....

but, more than a pic, lets hope for another after party with a jam session thrown in...

hooligan37 06.18.2007 11:29 AM

I'm coming from Boston alone but will be in NYC by 11:00am. I've been a huge fan since 92. I've seen them about 15 times and have been lucky the last 2 shows to meet them. The first time was before the CBGB's show last year when I was walking down Bleeker St. and Thurston walked right into me. I shook his hand and wished him well on the show that night. Probably one of the best days of my life. But then I was in Providence ealier this year to see them and I went to a bar across the street. The second I opened the door I saw Kim staring at me cause my mouth dropped. It was the whole band eating before the show. I stood on the side to let them eat in peace but told their waitress that I'd pay for their dinner. Then they invited for me to join them and I did. Talked for a good 15 minutes to all of them before they left for the show. Got some great pics with them and they even thanked me during the show because I was up front in the middle. Great people all of them. Even got Kim's bass pick after. So I've been lucky and plan on meeting them before the show somehow. I'm male 37(but look 26) with no police record. I'm sure you've gotten a ton of offers. But I'll have fun no matter what.

Everyneurotic 06.18.2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
so while all these people are in NYC, is anyone going to go and check out john zorn with ikue mori and a bunch of other cats at the stone on the 22nd (of july, that is)?

i'll probably go to this too.

All Hail WATT 06.18.2007 02:28 PM

i'll be there, coming up from philly.
I have met thurston a couple of times, nice cat.
At a show like this though, good luck to you on meeting him. (I met him at small venues)
My buddy and I will be touring the Brooklyn bars with the best beers before hand.

Georgekrz 06.18.2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by val-holla-ing

I just saw ikue mori last friday at Issue. Sounds like a good show and a good cause: http://www.thestonenyc.com/calendar.php?month=1

thewall91 06.19.2007 08:00 PM

there's a good chance i'm going to have to sell my tickets for this show. anyone interested, please let me know.

also, anyone coming in friday the 27th, my band is playing at the pussycat lounge in lower manhattan at 11. $10 - it's a mostly metal night, though the first band is a clash tribute band. we're girls girls girls:
www.myspace.com/girlsgirlsgirlsnyc

val-holla-ing 06.19.2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i'll probably go to this too.

cool. hope to see you there.

Everyneurotic 06.19.2007 08:53 PM

yeah man, i'll pm you what t-shirt i'll be wearing so you can spot me.

schizophrenicroom 06.20.2007 09:15 PM

HOLY SHIT EVERY-E YOU'RE GOING

i might be there

FANGFAJFAFNAJFANJGN