Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   RIP Kurt Cobain (has it really been 16 years?) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39323)

DeadDiscoDildo 04.13.2010 03:19 PM

Isnt that the weird al yanchovick movie or something?

noisereductions 04.13.2010 03:22 PM

so wait, this documentary has Kim Gordon AND Weird Al Yankovich? Now I'm really intrigued!

Keeping It Simple 04.13.2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Why the rethorical question? It's been 16 years, yes. And you know it.

It's a nostalgic question. :rolleyes:

the ikara cult 04.13.2010 05:50 PM

You dont need to watch 1991: The year punk broke. All you need to do is look up the live performances, which are massive

Toilet & Bowels 04.13.2010 06:03 PM

if it wasn't for the year punk broke i probably would not have bought any other sonic youth records other than dirty, i must have watched that video 500 times.

Norma J 04.13.2010 08:39 PM

I don't really enjoy listening to these guys very much these days, but I really respect what they've done.

noisereductions 04.13.2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
You dont need to watch 1991: The year punk broke. All you need to do is look up the live performances, which are massive

I was gonna this, but then T&B mentioned some album called, um, what was it.... DIRTY? What the fuck is THAT?

EVOLghost 04.13.2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
I don't really enjoy listening to these guys very much these days, but I really respect what they've done.

this post made me sad....but it's cool.

the ikara cult 04.14.2010 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I was gonna this, but then T&B mentioned some album called, um, what was it.... DIRTY? What the fuck is THAT?

It was Sonic Youth's 6th album, you silly billy

atsonicpark 04.14.2010 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J

Yeah, I mean I've been listening to them for 10 years now. So, a bit of fatigue sets in every now and then. Still dig this board though.

noisereductions 04.14.2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
It was Sonic Youth's 6th album, you silly billy

album? You mean like a playlist? I have the one with "Superstar" and "Kool Thing" I'll see if "Dirty" is on it ...

NOPE! No song called "Dirty"

Glice 04.14.2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYHamilton
Does anybody know where I can get a copy of the documentary, 1991 The Year Punk Broke? Apparently, it was never issued on DVD. I like the clips I've seen from it, like the one where Kim Gordon is applying lipstick on Kurt Cobain and Dave Grohl.

Here

Also, all you people taking the piss out of noobs - keep at it! It's really, really funny. I did a massive lol in my pants to your witticisms. I literally collapsed with mirth. Mirth! lol

noisereductions 04.14.2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Here

Also, all you people taking the piss out of noobs - keep at it! It's really, really funny. I did a massive lol in my pants to your witticisms. I literally collapsed with mirth. Mirth! lol

Glice 04.14.2010 08:06 AM

You're killing me. You should be a professional comedian. Lord alone knows that what comedy really needs right now is people regurgitating witless shit belittling people for no ostensible reason.

noisereductions 04.14.2010 08:08 AM

you are so dramatic, glice.

and by the way, DeadDisco, Chica, Ikara Cult -- they aren't nooobs. I'm not picking on noobs, I'm just being silly. I don't see why we have to be so serious on a msg board like this.

here's some more comedic gold:

enjoy!

SONIC GAIL 04.14.2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

That cubicle sucks mine is more glamorous

DeadDiscoDildo 04.23.2010 11:32 PM

I'm not a noob, I'd say I'm pretty old school at this point on here.

Did someone seriously not know about the year punk broke on here? I thought they were joking.

Glice was just pissed cuz I called him a queen. Well, he was being one.

Sometimes the overly pissy thing gets old, brother.