Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Demonlover-soundtrack (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=45046)

Mortte Jousimo 01.06.2011 05:58 AM

Demonlover-soundtrack

Maybe most of you is familiar with this, but I just found that soundtrack-cd from my library. It´s about year ago, when I noticed it from the library computer, but I couldn´t find it, because they had put it on the soundtrack shelf. Now I remembered it few days ago and I got still difficulties to find it. But I´m glad I found it!!! I was very suprised how good material was in it!!! Specially Move Away is very good (I think it was on some mix tapes). I just looked SY-soundtracks and this is the only one there are so many songs (8). I think it would be good idea to put the material on SYR-lp! It is mostly melodius, but there is also noise. I haven´t been very excited about the other artists on soundtrack, only Soulfly is ok, but it is also quite different as SY.

greedrex 01.06.2011 06:19 AM

yes, the film itself is really good too.

Chris Lawrence 01.06.2011 06:20 AM

those 2001-2003 soundtrack sessions produced some really cool recordings. thanks for reminding me about this one, i always forget about it..."safe in hell" was my favorite but "move away" is amazing too.

does anyone happen to have "coca neon kamera sutra", the other version of "move away"? i'm not sure i actually still have a copy...

mil_pl 01.06.2011 06:38 AM

Yes, I have it as Kali Yug Express EP.

Chris Lawrence 01.06.2011 06:46 AM

thank you. ;)

noisereductions 01.06.2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl

the full sndtrk has a lot more mil.

mil_pl 01.06.2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
the full sndtrk has a lot more mil.

I know, we were talking about Coca Neon Kamera Sutra.

noisereductions 01.06.2011 11:53 AM

oooooooh

Chris Lawrence 01.06.2011 04:33 PM

"COCA NEON" is one hell of a track too! it's really cool to hear what they can do with various extremes within the structure of the same basic song...(comparing coca neon to move away)

Mortte Jousimo 01.07.2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl

I was about to ask in my earlier message, is there exactly same songs in Kali Yug as in Demonlover only in different titles. So I have answer, thanx for it! But a little definetion question: is the other song in Kali Yug (I remembered the first song is from some other soundtrack-project) also a different version from some that is in Demonlover?

Maybe I found Kali Yug someday, it has so fine lookin´vinyl!!!

mil_pl 01.07.2011 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I was about to ask in my earlier message, is there exactly same songs in Kali Yug as in Demonlover only in different titles. So I have answer, thanx for it! But a little definetion question: is the other song in Kali Yug (I remembered the first song is from some other soundtrack-project) also a different version from some that is in Demonlover?

Maybe I found Kali Yug someday, it has so fine lookin´vinyl!!!

Coca Neon is the variation of Move Away, but the rest two are instrumental, but not connected to the Demonlover, don't know if they were used in some other movie. Le Pasage is acoustic and Derniere is a 7 minutes long cool track, with cool effects.

Chris Lawrence 01.07.2011 04:53 PM

"Derniere" is in Things Behind the Sun, but "Zim Zum" seems to have originated from the Things Behind the Sun score as well, so I wonder if they were just recording stuff around this era and then determining after the fact which of the two films the music was better suited for?

Mortte Jousimo 01.08.2011 02:49 AM

Thanx for your answers!

Mortte Jousimo 01.08.2011 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
i love kali yug express... are the soundtracks similar to it? haven't heard 'em...

I haven´t heard Kali Yug, but Demonlover-cd is just great (I mean all Sonic Youth material on it)!