Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   favorite closing/opening lines (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11373)

schizophrenicroom 03.16.2007 08:58 AM

favorite closing/opening lines

what are yours?

100,000 fireflies by the magnetic fields does it for me with:

"i have a mandolin/i play it all night long/it makes me want to kill myself" and
"why do we keep shrieking/when we mean soft things/we should be whispering all the time".

king_buzzo 03.16.2007 09:00 AM

we had this thread.

schizophrenicroom 03.16.2007 09:32 AM

we did? i missed it.

Florya 03.16.2007 09:40 AM

Kick Out The Jams Muthafuckas!!!

sonicl 03.16.2007 09:46 AM

Daddy?

Yes, son?

Whatwhatwhat does regret mean?

Well son, the funny thing about regret is, it's better to regret something that you have done than it is to regret something you haven't done. And by the way, when you see your mom, would you be sure to tell her...

SATAN! SATAN! SATAN!

^
EDIT - I love that font! I want that font used on my tombstone!

jon boy 03.16.2007 09:51 AM

^^^ yes thats amazing!

also:

in 1984 i was hospitalised for approaching perfection.

king_buzzo 03.16.2007 10:59 AM

seven!

Danny Himself 03.16.2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florya
Kick Out The Jams Muthafuckas!!!

Dum dud da dummmmmm, Dum dud da dummmmm!

nicfit 03.16.2007 11:07 AM

that whistle + bass riff on beck's sissyneck

fishmonkey 03.16.2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Daddy?

Yes, son?

Whatwhatwhat does regret mean?

Well son, the funny thing about regret is, it's better to regret something that you have done than it is to regret something you haven't done. And by the way, when you see your mom, would you be sure to tell her...

SATAN! SATAN! SATAN!

^
EDIT - I love that font! I want that font used on my tombstone!

yeah, i love that line.

!@#$%! 03.16.2007 12:08 PM

I haven't fucked much with the past,
but I've fucked plenty with the future.
Over the skin of silk are scars from the splinters of stations and walls I've caressed. A stage is like each bolt of wood, like a log of Helen, is my pleasure. I would measure the success of a night by the way by the way by the amount of piss and seed I could exude over the columns that nestled the P.A. Some nights I'd surprise everybody by skipping off with a skirt of green net sewed over with flat metallic circles which dazzled and flashed. The lights were violet and white. I had an ornamental veil, but I couldn't bear to use it. When my hair was cropped, I craved covering, but now my hair itself is a veil, and the scalp inside is a scalp of a crazy and sleepy Comanche lies beneath this netting of the skin.

I wake up. I am lying peacefully I am lying peacefully and my knees are open to the sun. I desire him, and he is absolutely ready to seize me. In heart I am a Moslem; in heart I am an American; in heart I am Moslem, in heart I'm an American artist, and I have no guilt. I seek pleasure. I seek the nerves under your skin. The narrow archway; the layers; the scroll of ancient lettuce.
We worship the flaw, the belly, the belly, the mole on the belly of an exquisite whore. He spared the child and spoiled the rod. I have not sold myself to God

i wanted to put just the first and last line but then i couldn't help myself, and why should i?