Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sunburned Hand weirdness (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13498)

dnorsen 05.30.2007 08:45 PM

he was at one point. but personally i havent seen him perform with them during a boston or surrounding area gig since mid-2005 possibly even earlier?

Iain 06.02.2007 03:01 AM

Posting this here in the first time wasn't meant as malicious gossip or anything. I just read it and was surprised...and knowing that others here are into Sunburned I thought people would want to know about it. Hope none of my posts came off as if I was siding with one party or the other because that wasn't my intention. I'm not naive enough not to realise that there are two sides to every story and I'm just sad that this is going on with what is one of my favourite bands.

Toilet & Bowels 06.02.2007 04:50 AM

it's not like you to sit on the fence iain

Inhuman 06.02.2007 08:33 AM

Yep. Sunburned is playing in Ottawa tonight, and my friend is opening for them, but it's 19+. My friend's pretty lucky, within two days he opens for both AIDS wolf and Sunburned

unlurker 06.03.2007 06:32 PM

??????

blunderbuss 03.13.2009 01:42 AM

Sunburned Of The Man - Loose Bugs
Magnetic Expansion Recordings
CD (ltd.999)

The first release on Sunburned Hand Of The Man member Chad Cooper’s new private press label, Magnetic Expansion Recordings. ‘Loose Bugs’ was recorded in February 1998 at the Con Art loft and has now been mixed , mastered and released in a run limited to 999 copies in handmade packaging. Chad has 10 years worth of previously unreleased Sunburned music in his archives and plans on making as much as possible available over the next year or so. ‘Loose Bugs’ is Volume 1 in this series.

stu666 03.13.2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Sunburned Of The Man - Loose Bugs
Magnetic Expansion Recordings
CD (ltd.999)

The first release on Sunburned Hand Of The Man member Chad Cooper’s new private press label, Magnetic Expansion Recordings. ‘Loose Bugs’ was recorded in February 1998 at the Con Art loft and has now been mixed , mastered and released in a run limited to 999 copies in handmade packaging. Chad has 10 years worth of previously unreleased Sunburned music in his archives and plans on making as much as possible available over the next year or so. ‘Loose Bugs’ is Volume 1 in this series.

This is probably my favourite Sunburned releases so far this year, the insert card must have the wrong date on it ^ recorded Feb 1989, i didn't think this could be right.

blunderbuss 03.13.2009 02:27 AM

what's your verdict on acid-x?

stu666 03.13.2009 03:17 AM

acid-x is very good too imo, sorry i'm not very good at reviewing things but i've been enjoying everything SBHOTM has released lately and it looks like there's plenty more to come this year.

btw blunderbuss you should receive the package today.

blunderbuss 03.13.2009 06:12 AM

Received it yesterday - thanks.

I'm very tempted by acid-x - the descriptions I've read make it sound pretty damn fine. I'm making a pilgrimage to Volcanic Tongue at the end of this month, if they have it in stock I'll almost certainly buy it.

atsonicpark 03.13.2009 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
This is probably my favourite Sunburned releases so far this year

...Maybe I don't want to know.. how many things have they released so far this year? Heh...

stu666 03.13.2009 01:14 PM

I think these are all the new releases i've got so far this year, i may have missed some though.

Sunburned - A Grand Tour of Tunisia - 3-Lobed Records - 2xLP + full-length bonus cd
Sunburned - Idgey Bath - MH98
Sunburned - Drifting Mist - MH 101
Sunburned - Spraycan in Space - MH 102
Sunburned - Acid-X - Tape Drift 08
Sunburned - Loose Bugs - Magnetic Expansion Recordings
Sunburned - The Ox Of Oh - Tarrot & Bananas

Glice 03.13.2009 01:32 PM

That's seven releases in just over 3 months. Does there come a point with this reportage/ spread-product marketing-niche where no-one actually buys these things? Do you think if they didn't release a record for another 3 yeras they'd be massively popular (as in, to real people, not just the sort of people who're on SYG)?

chadcooperhimself 05.25.2009 03:31 PM

in responce to the wrong date on the sunburned loose bugs ,you are right it was 1998 and not 1989 .

Bytor Peltor 01.09.2020 04:04 PM

Sunburned Hand Of The Man - Headless