Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Girl Talk (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=29921)

finding nobody 03.25.2009 01:13 AM

Girl Talk

Good jesus the girl talk show I went to in Tallahasee was crazy. Never ever danced so much. been listening to Feed The Animals<(link is to a website with a free download) and Night Ripper alot.(he uses a sample from shizophreania on one of the tracks from Night Ripper) Both solid albums. He's really good at taking a bunch of bullshit and making cool songs

atsonicpark 03.25.2009 01:16 AM

Not really a fan of listening to his stuff, though his use of samples does surprise me now and then (I distinctly remember hearing a Boredoms sample on a song on Night Ripper). I'd definitely go see him live though, his shows look fun as hell.

Sonic Youth 37 03.25.2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
Good jesus the girl talk show I went to in Tallahasee was crazy. Never ever danced so much. been listening to Feed The Animals<(link is to a website with a free download) and Night Ripper alot.(he uses a sample from shizophreania on one of the tracks from Night Ripper) Both solid albums. He's really good at taking a bunch of bullshit and making cool songs

Ditto'd. I was soaked in mine and other people's sweat after the GT I was at.

Edit: I've also been playing Feed The Animals in my car for a few weeks now. I prefer Night Ripper, but whatevs.

finding nobody 03.25.2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Not really a fan of listening to his stuff, though his use of samples does surprise me now and then (I distinctly remember hearing a Boredoms sample on a song on Night Ripper). I'd definitely go see him live though, his shows look fun as hell.

That's right! Acid Police I think.. I was suprised by that one

Yes, my show was sweaty ass fun time

Sonic Youth 37 03.25.2009 01:29 AM

1. "Once Again" – 2:40

HaydenAsche 03.26.2009 03:31 PM

Girl Talk is always the most fun show of the year for me.

Derek 03.26.2009 04:01 PM

Seems more like party music than music I'd sit in my room and listen to...

ZEROpumpkins 03.26.2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody

How many pills did you ping?:D

Nah Girl Talk is groovy. Like Dj Shadow cranked up to 1000bpm

drrrtyboots 03.26.2009 08:56 PM

I've never been so crushed in my entire life by a massive, moving ocean of bodies. Girl Talk is definitely all about the live show but I also enjoy some of his samples, like the Yo La Tengo one on the new album.

Sonic Youth 37 03.26.2009 10:55 PM

^True. I can't get into Girl Talk usually through headphones. The show was insane and I can bump it in my car, but through headphones I just get slightly annoyed because I can't get into the feel.

ZEROpumpkins 03.26.2009 11:00 PM

That's like me and Sonic Youth. After seeing em live twice, listening to their records just isn't the same :/

Sonic Youth 37 03.26.2009 11:07 PM

Eh, for me SY is different, there's moments on record that just don't work for me live (or wouldn't), like I can't imagine Murray Street being any better like. Girl Talk is all about the energy in the show. Shit was crazy. I was on the stage the whole time by the PA and acting a fool.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 03.27.2009 03:04 AM

2003 in Pittsburgh them doing all of Murray Street plus other stuff on Father's Day outside at the point was magical. But it helped me appreciate the album even more rather than negate it.

finding nobody 11.21.2010 03:49 PM

All Day new album. It kicks a lot of ass! Notable samples: Fugazi- Waiting Room, GZA- Liquid Swords
Anyone else listened to this one yet?

SpaceCadetHayden 11.21.2010 05:49 PM

FUCK YES! It's time to set it off, bitch!

I'm a fan(atic?). I can't fucking wait to dance my ass off March 3rd! Girl Talk shows are the closest thing to a religious experience a club kid can ask for. I haven't heard the entire new album but as soon as my hard drive is up and running again, I plan to play that shit into submission.

batreleaser 11.21.2010 11:36 PM

Whatever you think of his music, his shows are a fucking blast! I saw him in Tucson in September and rolled hard on some pills and busted out moves I didn't even know yet existed. The new album isn't bad, I like the Beyonce singing over Fugazi. I got to interview him for the local paper and he was an awesome dude who knew a shitload about music, all kinds. He caught me up on all the good Hip Hop I've been missing.

alteredcourse 11.22.2010 02:51 AM

Aw this isnt about the board game? I want to play that so bad.

GeneticKiss 11.22.2010 04:04 AM

Girl Talk is one of the few gold coins lying in the cesspool of the Pittsburgh music scene.

But if Matt hates haircuts, why does he have shorter hair?