Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   If you like it then you should've put a ring on it! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=35256)

HaydenAsche 10.13.2009 04:43 PM

If you like it then you should've put a ring on it!

Best pop song ever? Quite possibly so. Halo is a close second.

In the last year, I've noticed that certain pop singers actually do have incredible talents that I used to think were terrible jokes. Beyonce, Rihanna, and Lady Gaga are all my current addictions. If it wasn't for these three artists on the radio all day at work, my sanity would be much further away from me than it is now.

Discuss.

Alex's Trip 10.13.2009 04:45 PM

I wanna put a cock ring on that song. <3

terminal pharmacy 10.13.2009 04:47 PM

as opposed to the whole beatles collection???

HaydenAsche 10.13.2009 04:48 PM

I just downloaded the Destiny's Child discography because of this song. Best hard drive space investment I've ever made probably.

HaydenAsche 10.13.2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
as opposed to the whole beatles collection???

The whole beatles collection can be summed up with one song. Besides, all the Beatles' asses together don't add up to Beyonce and the Beatles coreography was not nearly on point as Beyonce's.

Remember, black people have rhythm in their blood.

Alex's Trip 10.13.2009 04:55 PM

Anyone notice the "barking" noise in Run This Town? It is almost unlistenable now that I have noticed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVA-xTBeHyM

Rob Instigator 10.13.2009 05:04 PM

badonkadonktothebumpabump

icybluejeans 10.13.2009 05:06 PM

Single Ladies is a great song/video.

Decayed Rhapsody 10.13.2009 05:08 PM

_slavo_ 10.13.2009 05:09 PM

one of my favourite pop songs for sure.

notyourfiend 10.13.2009 05:17 PM

i love you and imma gonna let you finish but beyonce made of the best videos of all time

infinitemusic 10.13.2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
The whole beatles collection can be summed up with one song. Besides, all the Beatles' asses together don't add up to Beyonce and the Beatles coreography was not nearly on point as Beyonce's.

Remember, black people have rhythm in their blood.

Put a shotgun in your dirty whore mouth and pull the trigger.

infinitemusic 10.13.2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notyourfiend
i love you and imma gonna let you finish but beyonce made of the best videos of all time

Hahah. It's funny because it's actually applicable to the situation

!@#$%! 10.13.2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Best pop song ever? Quite possibly so.

fucking annoying but im under the power of beyonce's hips

BEST VIDEO-INDUCED BONER EVER

narlus 10.13.2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

The whole beatles collection can be summed up with one song.

haha! which song is that?

narlus 10.13.2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Beyonce, Rihanna, and Lady Gaga are all my current addictions. If it wasn't for these three artists on the radio all day at work, my sanity would be much further away from me than it is now.

Discuss.

your sanity has escaped, and it's taken on a different form. you will never find it again.

Toilet & Bowels 10.13.2009 07:15 PM

lady gaga and rhianna suck but that beyonce song is pretty awesome, the new one is good too.

notyourfiend 10.13.2009 07:17 PM

i like her ego song better

automatic bzooty 10.13.2009 08:43 PM

i have come to like beysus if only because my friend randall knows and often does the single ladies dance.

oh gaga.

Sonic Youth Gossip 10.13.2009 08:54 PM

fuck this thread
the production on that song is absolute garbage, just some repetitive claps and drums. absolutely no skill was involved in that at ALL.

the vocals are repetitive and obnoxious, and don't really hold a great deal of meaning

Satan 10.13.2009 08:55 PM

that song is really annoying.

Alex's Trip 10.13.2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth Gossip
fuck this thread
the production on that song is absolute garbage, just some repetitive claps and drums. absolutely no skill was involved in that at ALL.

the vocals are repetitive and obnoxious, and don't really hold a great deal of meaning

masturbation is repetitive and requires no skill, but we all like it.

Sonic Youth Gossip 10.13.2009 09:58 PM

you're right. beyonce is a wanker

Decayed Rhapsody 10.13.2009 10:14 PM

All you hataz better watch. The reach of Beyonce's PR team is ENDLESS. Your life will be destroyed.

As hard as she tries to emulate her with all the weaves and the dual backup dancers, she WILL NEVERRRRR live up to this lady:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSkMqFGsGCM

atsonicpark 10.13.2009 10:26 PM

great song, just heard it for the first time 2 weeks ago.. I don't think she has talent though just because someone else can write a song for her and she can shake her ass to it. Her voice is easily the worst part of the song.

davenotdead 10.13.2009 11:06 PM

Beyonce is on a good run right now.

gaga and rihanna suck tho.

Miley destroys them. her new joint is dope.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M11SvDtPBhA

atsonicpark 10.14.2009 01:15 AM

I think this thread is about beyonce milking someone's prostrate. "If you liked my finger up your ass, you should've put a ring on it, to make sure it always goes up your ass."

atsonicpark 10.14.2009 01:17 AM

..at least when I sing the song that's the definition of it.

my ex-old lady showed me that Imogean Heap chick.. wow, that was terrible. Singing into a vocoder for 5 minutes. I mean, it's "daring", I guess, and the production is cool at times but jesus, I never want to sit through that again. People actually actively listen to that shit?! Like, seek it out and put it on and jam to it?

I heard PAPER PLANES by MIA for the first time a couple months ago, great song.. one of my favs.

Miley Cyrus is fucking awesome.

Satan 10.14.2009 01:22 AM

paper planes is awesome.

miley cyrus.

atsonicpark 10.14.2009 01:25 AM

WE GOT SKULLS AND CROSSBONES AND WEED AND STICKS AND STONES

or something.

So good.

She's wearing a fucking Metallica hoodie in that video.

Sonic Youth Gossip 10.14.2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I think this thread is about beyonce milking someone's prostrate. "If you liked my finger up your ass, you should've put a ring on it, to make sure it always goes up your ass."

mouth of babes

Satan 10.14.2009 01:27 AM

pirate skulls and bones sticks and stones and weed and bongs

atsonicpark 10.14.2009 01:30 AM

Yeah, I've only heard it like 3 times.

pbradley 10.14.2009 01:31 AM

I like Lady Gaga more. She has catchy tunes (beside her shit lyrics) and she's into Rainer Maria Rilke.

Sonic Youth Gossip 10.14.2009 01:38 AM

i wanna hear that story about suchfriends listening to ladytron and having a bad trip

atsonicpark 10.14.2009 01:39 AM

Lady Gaga is sexy.

She's like a weird deformed little boy with some really feminine features. Hot.

pbradley 10.14.2009 01:47 AM

Lady Gaga before she adopted the identity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN5f50_4cl0

Sonic Youth Gossip 10.14.2009 02:58 AM

yeah gaga is like you're not sure if it's cool to be strangely attracted to her.

Glice 10.14.2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

yeah gaga is like you're not sure if it's cool to be strangely attracted to her.

Heed well, young man: never question your balls' judgement.

nicfit 10.14.2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

fuck this thread

your ears must have been damaged by the repetitive listening to autreche stuff...it's not like producing means adding layers and layers of useless stuff, the less the better most of the time, and besides that song sure is not as simple as it sounds at first.

I think that in mainstream music pop acts are lately being graced by really nice productions (not all of them and sometimes they go a bit over the top with no need for that, like in she wolf, which is amazing in the first portion of the verses [check the base and the seemingly totally out of context vocals from 0:35 to 0:50 or something like that] but becomes a bit too annoying with strings-a
-la-abba-resurrected-by-madonna-so-ever-pop-star-has-to-do-something-like-that-with-some-bollywood-flavor-added-to-boost).
bah.
Hayden, whadupp with all theese rihanna mentions? Are you ungayed?