Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ATP NEWS! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3542)

No Star 06.28.2006 05:34 PM

ATP NEWS!

It has happened atp mightmare before christmas is officialy the best festival ever!

Sonic Youth
Iggy and the Stooges
Deerhoof
Melvins
Magik Markers
Jackie o Motherfucker

and now news!¬!!

Dinosaur Jr and Gang of Four!!!!

fucking hell at home i feel like a tourist!! in the uk all those bands!!!!

Gookid 06.28.2006 07:18 PM

What does Jackie O sound like?
Nice lineup!

SubSonicPumpAction 06.28.2006 07:22 PM

Jackie O' Motherfucker are an amazing group of sound artists. The albums vary though. Some of them are quite abrasive and others are quite pretty. It depends. Great lineup. The mother fucking MELVINS with the guys from big business playing probably.

HAVE FUN you lucky bastards

nomadicfollower 06.28.2006 07:28 PM

Insane lineup.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 06.28.2006 07:32 PM

Lucky English bastards.

Gookid 06.28.2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubSonicPumpAction
Jackie O' Motherfucker are an amazing group of sound artists. The albums vary though. Some of them are quite abrasive and others are quite pretty. It depends. Great lineup. The mother fucking MELVINS with the guys from big business playing probably.

HAVE FUN you lucky bastards

Very cool- thanks for the review.

Don't worry about the Melvins, though- at least you can see them later this fall. They're planning a big tour, and they usually end or start in California (near Tarzana, I assume.) Buzz's wife designed a toy they're going to be selling on the tour, among other things.

eatmychild 06.30.2006 12:07 PM

Fuck Yeh I'm going, it's gonna be the best weekend of my life. When I bought my ticket (months ago) I had fantasies of Dinosaur Jr. being added, but I never imagined the Melvins would be there.
Thurston's choice is impeccable.

gmku 06.30.2006 12:09 PM

Why can't I find any Melvins records in my local stores? I'm not one to do a lot of special ordering, unless it's something I really, really want. I figure that helps control the habit a little, since there's always something in the bins to buy anyway. So I've been like looking for years, and nothing ever shows up. What's the deal? Is everything they've ever done out of print?

RoadkillKid 06.30.2006 06:14 PM

I've just booked my 4 berth chalet for this mean-ass motherfucker of a festival. Not cheap.. but hey, that's the benefit of being in gainful employment.

The wait is already killing me.

Toilet & Bowels 06.30.2006 06:47 PM

oh great, dinosnore jr. hurry up and add hijokaidan and fushitsusha!

Iain 06.30.2006 07:00 PM

You wish!

I think all the interesting bands have been picked now I think. Last few announcements have been yawnful stuff like Gang of Four, MC5 and Dino Jr. Not necesarrily bad bands or anything but reunions which usually means boring. I'm fairly sure I'll go and watch whatever is on one of the other stages when those 3 are on.

greenlight 07.01.2006 05:36 AM

insane lineup indeed!
cant wait to see sy, mciaa live!

Glice 07.01.2006 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
oh great, dinosnore jr. hurry up and add hijokaidan and fushitsusha!

And NNCK. You forgot NNCK.

And Arthur Doyle.

You forgot them. With your mind.

pokkeherrie 07.01.2006 10:09 AM

NNCK should be playing there... last month at a gig of theirs i had two band members separate from each other telling me they would be playing there...

i want to see the boredoms being added.

Iain 07.01.2006 01:44 PM

I'd like Sunroof! or some other Matthew Bower type project and maybe Vibracathedral Orchestra as well.

Toilet & Bowels 07.01.2006 06:31 PM

well, i say add hijokaidan & fushitsusha, but i have no idea if i'm actually going to be able to make it to ATP or not

Katy 07.02.2006 02:02 AM

I booked my chalet when the only announced artists were Thurston and Iggy (et Co.).

Everything else is gravy... noisy abrasive sledgehammer-migraine-inducing GRAVY. I love it.

God bless Thurston and all who sail in him.

As for Iggy.. I'd beg steal kill and die for Iggy. And have. I'd even go to Butlins for him. Oh yes.

PAULYBEE2656 07.02.2006 02:56 AM

the markers are also on the bill as far as i know......

wax 07.02.2006 03:41 AM

im praying some japanese bands get added.

No Star 07.02.2006 05:56 AM

BeYour Own Pet Confirm!!!