Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   pulp fiction (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6535)

golden child 09.30.2006 01:10 AM

pulp fiction

i just saw this a few days ago, like 20 yrs late but whatever.

pretty good acually, i was expecting some philisophical droopy film like every movie that is cool to like these days. ive lost faith in any kind of "serious" fim, i much prefer jackass, and way over the top and outrageous entertainment but i enjoyed this alot. cool to see where all radio plots owe some credit, seen alot of movies use that... requim for a dream, go! (or is it go! team?) but this one is way better. all the characters kick total ass, samual l jackson, uma thurman wasnt quite as hot as usual but still a treat, travolta etc etc etc (im complementing their characters in the movie, not them, most of them can go fuck a tree as far as i am concerned, i just dont remember all their "movie names")

i must say, right away uma thurmans character reminded me MUCH of our own cantankernine. i know alot of you think about the board alot, have dreams about the board, and wish you could live IN the board but i dont, and canker was the first thing that came to mind.

anyway, fuck ive been in a rambling mood tonight. see my other thread, its like a just learned how to type.

anyway talk about this movie and its goodness, or respond to the DEEEEEP philosophical questions i posed and lets have a DEEEEEEEP intellectual disscussion.

Everyneurotic 09.30.2006 01:13 AM

i once dreamt of the board, it was weird.

pulp fiction is one of my favorite movies, i own it but i never watch it.

golden child 09.30.2006 01:17 AM

i acually did once, it wasnt about the board i dont think... just concerning people on the board, like jamming with CHOUT or something. it gave me a laugh the next morning because that night i was making fun of the people who said they have dreams about the board. CHOUT being on of them i think, so i guess i just had ole blue on the mind before bed.

Everyneurotic 09.30.2006 01:23 AM

mine was like i went to this place, and it was a hang out and everyone from the board was there except that i couldn't see them and everyone was like twat this and laugh that.

reminded me of what a friend once told me; he dreamed he was beating up some dude who only me and another guy knew from somewhere else and we had talked about him, so he was in his dream beating him up when suddenly he, lying on his bed asked out loud "hey, how come you are beating that guy up if you don't know what he looks like?" and himself in his dream answered "oh, you're right!" and the dream ended and he kept on sleeping.

umjammer atomsk 09.30.2006 01:26 AM

Was that Marsellus's soul in the suitcase at the end of the film? That's what I've heard...

soniknirve 09.30.2006 01:28 AM

countin flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all
playing solitaire til dawn, with a deck of fifty-one
smokin cigarettes and watchin Captain Kaaangaroo

golden child 09.30.2006 01:28 AM

i just took the easy route and assumed it was raw gold bricks.

umjammer atomsk 09.30.2006 01:37 AM

Yeah, I just looked it up for myself... Interesting stuff.

Norma J 09.30.2006 01:42 AM

I like Tarantino films. Reservoir Dogs is a favourite. Jacky Brown is another.

racehorse 09.30.2006 05:54 AM

i read that when the film was exported to saudi arabia (or somewhere like that) the film company assumed that the tape had been messed with, because of the film not being in chronological order etc, so then attemped to re-order it so it ran straight. so if anyone watched the film is saudi arabia you will have watched a very different version.

Gulasch Noir 09.30.2006 09:32 AM

A friend of mine and I are making a pulp fiction version dubbed with viennese dialect. Now, I think I will not be able to watch this movie in the future, without keeping his and my dumb things we say at the back of my mind.

LifeDistortion 09.30.2006 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golden child
uma thurman wasnt quite as hot as usual

Sorry to chop up your post Golden Child but damn, I think you are so wrong with this statment. Uma never looked hotter. The black Celopatra hair she had going was damn hot, One of my favorite scenes is when she's dancing alone to Urge Overkill covering "Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon", great PF moment.

Everyneurotic 09.30.2006 12:34 PM

god, i hate urge overkill, they should've used the original version.

Trasher02 09.30.2006 12:56 PM

Which wallet is yours?

THE ONE THAT SAYS BAAAAAD MOTHERFUCKER!