Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

TheFoxBen 12.23.2009 06:51 PM

SYRFox 12.23.2009 06:51 PM

:D

noisereductions 12.23.2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cagedbird

I am trying to generate some aesthetic interest in the soundscape of this one. Don't get me wrong, it is good. But when I first heard SYR1 I was physically altered. Maybe the series of SYR has blunted my receptivity to radical new sounds. Hence my attempt to hear this again for the first time.

this is one of the weakest SYR's in my opinion. Maybe the weakest. It SHOULD have come packaged with a DVD of the performance, as I assume it was way better in the context of the performance.

cagedbird 12.23.2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
this is one of the weakest SYR's in my opinion. Maybe the weakest. It SHOULD have come packaged with a DVD of the performance, as I assume it was way better in the context of the performance.

it's growing on me. i blindly accept all sy material by default. i will compare it to other syr's to see what you're saying. dvd would be nice.

cagedbird 12.23.2009 07:49 PM

The Earl Of Slander 12.23.2009 07:56 PM

I would like to point out that the beat on the verses for I'm A DBoy bangs just about as hard as anything I've ever heard. "Thinkin' of a masta plan, I get money, but I'm thinkin of a fasta plan. I'm tryin' to cash it in. I got 5 in thet garbage can and the Wrap Saran..."

Pookie 12.23.2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander

I would like to point out that the beat on the verses for I'm A DBoy bangs just about as hard as anything I've ever heard. "Thinkin' of a masta plan, I get money, but I'm thinkin of a fasta plan. I'm tryin' to cash it in. I got 5 in thet garbage can and the Wrap Saran..."

Poetry man, frigging poetry.

The Earl Of Slander 12.23.2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

the beat on the verses for I'm A DBoy bangs just about as hard as anything I've ever heard.

Except for 'Catch A Bad One'. A "HOLY SHIT!!!" track every single goddamn time.

wellcharge 12.23.2009 09:15 PM

wellcharge 12.23.2009 09:31 PM

the ikara cult 12.23.2009 09:31 PM

Idlewild

Why?

I dunno, im drunk

noisereductions 12.23.2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cagedbird
it's growing on me. i blindly accept all sy material by default. i will compare it to other syr's to see what you're saying. dvd would be nice.

obviously blindly blah blah. By default, worst SY is better than best other. BUT I'm just saying it's the weakest SYR. COuld change. I used to think 5 was the worst, but now I like it (only took me 8 yrs to get it).

noisereductions 12.23.2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

one of the best Southern hip hop albums of all time.

noisereductions 12.23.2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Except for 'Catch A Bad One'. A "HOLY SHIT!!!" track every single goddamn time.

just barely beats out DELTRON 3030 as the best Del album NO NEED is simply stunning.

wellcharge 12.23.2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
just barely beats out DELTRON 3030 as the best Del album NO NEED is simply stunning.

i like brother george way better, frankly i'm bored of no need and can't listen to it beginning to end, but i wish my brother george was here is welcome listening no matter what mood i'm in

Antagon 12.24.2009 04:47 AM

The Church - Under the Milky Way

stu666 12.24.2009 05:11 AM

Master Musicians of Bukkake live at the OCCII

The Earl Of Slander 12.24.2009 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellcharge
i like brother george way better, frankly i'm bored of no need and can't listen to it beginning to end, but i wish my brother george was here is welcome listening no matter what mood i'm in

But CATCH A BAD ONE!!!!

Currently:

If someone put a gun to my head and said pick the best hip-hop record ever recorded, it would be on a coin flip whether I picked this or Illmatic. There are very few album that continue to reveal as much joy to me on each listen even after I've heard them a stupid number of times.

sonic sphere 12.24.2009 06:58 AM

The Earl Of Slander 12.24.2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Again.

"Here's the plan: stick 'em up, I enter, through the window, stoop down so we can't see our crescendo. Pass the indo, yo we used to be our friend though, yeah but that's the reason I dont really like to lend dough!"