Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   much raspect to the memory of I-Kurdt (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=60329)

keep poppin pimples 10.11.2011 12:27 AM

much raspect to the memory of I-Kurdt

gast30 10.11.2011 08:09 AM

jesus from where does this nightmare followd kurt
like courtney was not bad enought

courney on the hunt for millionairs
almost got married with an arttrader from a royal family
discusting whore
nothing more
no artist or alternative whatever

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.11.2011 06:23 PM

these are actually fucking really great! Not quite as perfectly innovative as Easy Dub All Stars "Radiodread" but definitely a bad ass concept, and well done at that! Radiodread is superior because it captures all the stylistic elements of the differing reggae stylees, and so is a more versatile, expansive, and creative work, however, Little Roy deserves the big-up for two reasons

(a) the originality of the idea, I rarely hear about Nirvana in rasta cliques even though I hear about Nirvana everywhere else, with gangstas, thugs, low-lives, rap kids, country fans, rich white kids, boring old folks, everybody but the Rastas seemed to be into Nirvana, and I think an album like this will get Rastafari folks to admit they also like Nirvana ;)

(b) its actually really good, well played, nicely produced, and that is rare with obscure, low-budget, or underground reggae, I've heard some serious crap coming from some legendary artists, so this is impressive for its quality alone aside from its originality.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.11.2011 06:27 PM

thisversion dive is crucial! got me up an skankin all across the room

I always secretly suspected that Kurt's simple music let itself readily to reggae, I just never even thought about it!

!@#$%! 10.11.2011 06:42 PM

ah, fucking a, i was looking for clips of this to listen to, thanks

keep poppin pimples 10.11.2011 08:00 PM

honestly when i saw there was a little roy album with seattle in the title, i thought maybe he lived there and i could hit a gig.

i was surprised this album exists, but hey fun stuff

ann ashtray 10.11.2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gast30
jesus from where does this nightmare followd kurt
like courtney was not bad enought

courney on the hunt for millionairs
almost got married with an arttrader from a royal family
discusting whore
nothing more
no artist or alternative whatever

A loudmouth, for sure. A whore? Most are in one way or another. An artist, most definitely. She's much more talented than what most are willing to give her credit for.

gast30 10.12.2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann ashtray
A loudmouth, for sure. A whore? Most are in one way or another. An artist, most definitely. She's much more talented than what most are willing to give her credit for.

that's according to you indiviually
what you understand under talent

keep poppin pimples 10.12.2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gast30
what you understand under talent

good question

gast30 10.12.2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
good question

it's not a question
i just say that is how you look trough your eyes

ann ashtray 10.12.2011 02:47 PM

To me, anything that presents itself as art usually is in one way or another. Doesn't mean I have to like it. It sometimes takes a lot of creativity in order to blatantly rip someone else off. In Courtney's case, I think her music stands out quite well when considering many of her contemporaries.

floatingslowly 10.12.2011 03:02 PM

I feel that an inabilty to describe art that you don't like (and why) makes attempts at liking other art all the more disingenuous.

next topic: Dinosaur Jr.

keep poppin pimples 10.12.2011 03:04 PM

my favourite member of dinosaur jr is

i don't have one because J is the only real choice, and picking him as a favourite is way too mainstream(think for yrselves sheeple!!!)

gast30 10.12.2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I feel that an inabilty to describe art that you don't like (and why) makes attempts at liking other art all the more disingenuous.

next topic: Dinosaur Jr.

went to see them some years ago
the trainride to there and back was 5 hours
had no sleeping place
been on the festival for 3 hours i think

floatingslowly 10.12.2011 04:35 PM

I first saw Dinosaur Jr. in Barcelona (original line-up).

the show was better than any of their studio albums and much less boring than the following two times that I've accidentally