Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Los Angeles (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39237)

jon boy 04.14.2010 07:59 PM

yeh looks like i am coming to la soon. gonna drop in on some people unexpected style, should be a shock but a fun one.

pbradley 04.14.2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kegmama
Right on. Be sure to go to Amoeba Record Store Day Saturday!
http://www.amoeba.com/content/record..._day_2010.html

"the upcoming Smashing Pumpkins Teargarden Kaleidescope Vol. 1: Songs For A Sailor box set"

This is the shittiest name from anything anywhere ever.

I only had enough to buy one album.

static-harmony 04.14.2010 09:37 PM

I may have top go to Amoeba on sat and call out sick.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.14.2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
I think it's the old grass is greener scenario. I want to visit LA badly, but you guys want to jump ship. Depending on your character, most environments get stagnant and you want to be somewhere else.

I don't WANT to leave LA, but I know inevitably I will. LA is a force of nature, it does not let you leave.. if you come here you've been warned ;)

floatingslowly 04.14.2010 11:44 PM

pffft I've been there and left there more times than I can count!

Zombie Robot 04.15.2010 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
yeh looks like i am coming to la soon. gonna drop in on some people unexpected style, should be a shock but a fun one.

who u gona drop in on? hows yr new wife? is she comin?!

Norma J 04.15.2010 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
Yeah, so I'm in Los Angeles now. If anyone wants to hangout this weekend, I'm down.

At the moment, I'm going to go buy as many Make-Up albums as I can and finish painting the trimming of this room.

Why aren't you visiting www.dischord.com for everything Make-Up. I suspect record stores wouldn't beat $11 each?

pbradley 04.15.2010 04:03 AM

Because I didn't think to and probably still would have gone if I had.

I got I Want Some for, I think, $11.50 before tax.

Norma J 04.15.2010 04:05 AM

I think on the site they're $10 with free postage and vinyl is $11.

pbradley 04.15.2010 04:08 AM

And I don't even need to leave [escape] the comfort [suppression] of my house [cave]!

Norma J 04.15.2010 04:33 AM

only trying to help...

atsonicpark 04.15.2010 04:35 AM

I Want To Live In Lossss Angelessssssssssss

chrome noise tape 04.15.2010 05:10 AM

live and die in lost angels

Keeping It Simple 04.15.2010 06:42 AM

Why do I get the feeling LA isn't all that?

demonrail666 04.15.2010 06:44 AM

by all accounts it's swindon with larger portions

floatingslowly 04.15.2010 08:22 AM

please don't burn art unless burning yr art is art in itself.

Rob Instigator 04.15.2010 08:44 AM

did you or will you see the WATTS TOWERS?

they are having issues funding maintenance and a group wants to take them down.

they are in a pretty rough neighborhood too, and so the rich whities do not want to pay to support it, even though it is folk art par excellence!

floatingslowly 04.15.2010 08:48 AM

yeah my grandparents used to live in Watts.

my racist twat of a grandfather (may he rot in pieces), would brag about sitting on his porch with a shotgun during the riots, in case the "jungle bunnies" tried something.

he's dead now, but I still dislike him.

good times.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.16.2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
did you or will you see the WATTS TOWERS?

they are having issues funding maintenance and a group wants to take them down.

they are in a pretty rough neighborhood too, and so the rich whities do not want to pay to support it, even though it is folk art par excellence!

I LOVE THE WATTS TOWERS! I always have since i was a kid..

I have this bad as Wu-Watts Revolution Sure (Watts up) with big ass Watts Towers on the front, I rep that shit all the time!
I pass by these towers everytime i head north towards downtown LA, Hollyweird, my Rastafari HQ in Highland Park, to Church 2-3 times a week.. It is adjacent to the MTA Blue Line tracks at 103rd street, so I pass by quite often, perhaps 3-5 times a week. Every Sunday I see the sunrise over em, it is magic. I love LA, truthfully I love the hood too

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
yeah my grandparents used to live in Watts.

my racist twat of a grandfather (may he rot in pieces), would brag about sitting on his porch with a shotgun during the riots, in case the "jungle bunnies" tried something.

he's dead now, but I still dislike him.

good times.

yeah one of the drags about being white in america is you often have some of the wildest fucking relatives, I know what you mean! I grew dreadlocks and became a convert to an African denomination of Christianity simply so racist/bigot white folks wouldn't drop racist bullshit and slurs around my presence, they get instantly that I don't dig that shit.. lucky 99% of my fambam are not like that, but naturally there are a few bad apples..

so are you going to the SY @ the Hollywood Bowl? Also Jimmy Cliff July 25, but get tix early, it will sell out by May/June for sure.. I love "the hollywood bowl, part of your life."

floatingslowly 04.16.2010 08:07 AM

when is SY?

July is looking booked-solid....so Jimmy Cliff is a no go.