Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Basketball Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=94619)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.28.2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
So Lakers have negative defense now? They are going to just shoot the ball for the other team too, save them the trouble?

Predictions from 2013 that became more than true!

Bytor Peltor 04.29.2015 07:43 PM

Mavs @ Rockets Game Five (series over)

All things considered, Dallas couldn't handle Dwight Howard in Game Five:

Howard: 18 points, 19 rebounds, 4 blocks, 4 stills, 4 turnovers

Chandler: 11 points, 6 rebounds, 1 turnover

The Rockets missed free throws and turnovers kept the game close as it was.

Rockets defense was much improved over previous games holding Dallas to 18-48 FG = 37.5% shooting. Mavs were 1-13 behind the arc = 7.7% shooting.

Hard to believe Rockets had halftime lead (56-50) despite 15 turnovers and 17 unintentional fouls.

Oh the difference between Games 4 and 5:

Game 4: Mavericks out rebound Houston 52-38, had 20-4 advantage in 2nd chance points.

Game 5: Houston 16-9 rebounds and 10-0 2nd chance points.

Gave 5 was only game where turnovers were truly a problem for the Rockets.

Rick Carlisle: "They're legit. They have a great chance at the whole thing."

According to one Dallas media member: "The Mavericks were just beaten in five games by a one dimensional team." Referencing the Mark Cuban interview with Grantland before the series started.

Guess Mavericks fans will wait to wear theses shirts next post-season:

Rockets moving on for the second time in 18 years:

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.29.2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

Bytor Peltor 04.30.2015 05:34 PM

The Bucks bounce back from 0-3 to force a Game 6 at home tonight:

Bytor Peltor 05.04.2015 05:11 PM

Quote:

The Bucks bounce back from 0-3 to force a Game 6 at home tonight:

^^^what a joke of a Game 6 that was!

From this angle, Paul's shot looks that much more impressive......best First Round Game 7 that I can remember.

Yesterday Vince Carter and and the Memphis Grizz played Game One against Steph Curry and the Warriors. Just how old is Vince Carter......he was once teammates with Stephen's dad, Dell Curry:

With the San Antonio Spurs being eliminated Saturday night, for the first time in 25 years, this years NBA Final's will take place without one of these seven players taking part:

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.04.2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

and yeah, it was fun to watch the cocky ass Spurs get their asses handed to them

#ByeByeSpurs

Bytor Peltor 05.05.2015 05:11 PM

Clipper's @ Rockets Game One (Chris Paul DNP)

I wound't call the Rocket's performance rusty, but they did play like the first day at work after being on vacation for a week = too many turnovers!

The Clippers tied a NBA Playoff record for three-pointers in a half, hitting 11 of 16 in the 2nd half (2011 Mavericks were the other team)

I only got to watch the first half, the 2nd half was enjoyed via AM radio due to being at work. What I saw in the first half, the game was basically Howard, Harden, Ariza vs. Griffin and Jordan.

Last but not least......the Houston Rockets have never won a title in a post season where they didn't lose game one of the semis!

Bytor Peltor 05.05.2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Wait, having gone to ten NBA finals how is kareem behind timmy??

02) Robert Horry
01) Derek Fisher

I'm guessing the easy answer is, they played more games???

When you factor Jabar played in a era where the first round was only five games, and the possibility that the Lakers may have swept more series where the other guys may have played more Game 6 & 7's.....?

It was a graphic / topic during the ABC Sunday broadcast of Clipper's at Spurs, it's not a statistic I researched.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.05.2015 06:35 PM

Thats right, i forget to factor in the switch from 3 to 4 wins in the early rounds in the 2000s.. makes sense.. Fish surprises me at the top actually. Speaking of surprises, i thought clipperscould beat rockets but with a day rest,no CP3, and by such an ass beating?

Clippers in 6 if CP3 can play by Game3

Bytor Peltor 05.07.2015 10:02 AM

Clippers @ Rockets Game Two (Chris Paul DNP)

The Rockets had ten first half turnovers which the Clippers converted into 13 points. In the 2nd Half, the Rockets only had four turnovers which the Clippers converted into 2 points = HUGE difference!

James Harden's 15-15 free throws is the most makes without a miss in Rocket's playoff history.

Just the 6th time in NBA playoff history where a team had 60 or more free throw attempts......Houston was 42-64.

Arian Foster was the first to greet James Harden after his 32 point performance!

Kevin McHale moving Dwight Howard to guard Blake Griffin in the 2nd half was key to the Rocket's comeback......

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.07.2015 10:08 AM

Attention Rockets, y'all spotted a CP3 minus Clippers over ten points in the fourth quarter?? Only won because Clippers descended into the depths of Jamal Crawford Iso Ninth Circle of Hell?? Got BAILED out by the refs to set a franchise record for freethrow attempts??

Clippers in Six, sorry my Rockets fans homies, but this team just plays with a "meh" attitude, when Clippers were up in the 4th quarter the body language of Rockets was like Manny during the 8th round break in the MayPac fiasco..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.07.2015 12:03 PM

#ShaqtinAFall

Bytor Peltor 05.08.2015 06:04 PM

Right now, every 2nd Round Series is tied 1-1......history shows how big-if the team with overall home court goes up 2-1, they have advanced 86% of the time!

schizophrenicroom 05.08.2015 08:38 PM

first quarter of cavs bulls was a riot. i met bob mcadoo today and that was pretty cool. and, http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgAXN?u...ign=miami-heat

schizophrenicroom 05.08.2015 08:39 PM

sorry for the touch n go of a post, but i'm too lazy to articulate today

Bytor Peltor 05.08.2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
first quarter of cavs bulls was a riot.

Congrats on meeting, Bob Mcadoo......how did you do so?

schizophrenicroom 05.08.2015 10:40 PM

hahaha. and it was at the ncaa tennis div i championship, first round... his daughter plays for GA tech and my dad works SID for a school here in fla, and he was sitting next to the press box. so i talked to him about scouting for the heat. he was super nice

schizophrenicroom 05.08.2015 10:41 PM

i can't lie, that buzzer beater was pretty sexy

Bytor Peltor 05.09.2015 11:50 PM

^^^damn sexy!

Today is the first time under 16-team playoff format (since 1984) that the lower seed leads all 4 Conference Semifinals series through 3 games.

Bytor Peltor 05.10.2015 07:32 AM

Rockets @ Clippers Game Three

The return of Chris Paul didn't have much to do with the Rockets crapping the bed on Friday night......what a joke if a performance that was!

Rockets allowed >52% FG only 4 times in regular season. Clippers shooting 57%, if that holds, it'd be 3rd time in 8 playoff games allowing >52%.

Rockets Brewer & Smith combined for 34 ppg on 55% FG vs Mavs......but against Clips thru 3 games: 17.3 ppg on 33% FG.

Smith will step it up tonight!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.10.2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Rockets have a defensive rating of 119.. if they want a championship gonna have to lock it down.

Ahem..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.10.2015 10:17 PM

Quote:
Rockets have a defensive rating of 119.. if they want a championship gonna have to lock it down.

_tunic_ 05.11.2015 01:43 AM

I was able to watch the second half of Cavs - Bulls yesterday. What a louzy game that was! Both teams couldn't make a single shot. I really wonder how some of them could get a millions $$ salary if they always play like that.
The Clippers game was too late for me though :-(

Rob Instigator 05.11.2015 08:15 AM

Rockets suck.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.11.2015 11:09 AM

Tunic they don't always play like that, it was two exhausted, injury depleted teams playing too early. Day time games are hit or miss like that, some teams are warmed up some not.

Dat Buzzer beater though?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.11.2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Rockets suck.

I tried to warn yall but yall were too caught up in the FlopVP campaign.

Dat Defense?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.11.2015 12:30 PM

"The Clippers became the first team to win consecutive playoff games in a series by at least 25 points since the 2001 Los Angeles Lakers did against the San Antonio Spurs. "

When Clippers look like ShaKobe Lakers defense officially non existent. I mean, that was one of the single greatest teams EVER especially for doing that to a spurs team that became a comparable sort of dynasty.

I actually feel bad for rockets..
Quote:

Quote:

....no i don't

Bytor Peltor 05.11.2015 04:14 PM

Rockets @ Clippers Game Four

The Rockets were epically defeated......TWICE!

Harden's stats look OK but he has come up big in 1 of 16 quarters in this series. Dwight Howard is 29 and gifted as he is, still sadly immature on court too often. Has anyone seen Josh Smith......it would be a serious upgrade to call him lousy this series!

Rob Instigator 05.11.2015 04:22 PM

The Rockets suffer from what Phil Jackson was tweeting about, teams that realy on 3 pt shooting and free throws do not win championships.

Even a team like the 94 Rockets, who shot more 3's than anyone, relied on the post game of Dream to exhaust the defenders and make space for 3's.

That game was the fucking most boring b-ball game I ever saw. and B-Ball is frankly mostly boring already...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.11.2015 04:34 PM

We been trying to warn yall about that Morey Ball all season.. at least warriors can muster up some post up and on the block game sometimes.. meanwhile Rockets and Hawks getting exposed. The playoffs expose a team's fundamental weaknesses.. last year Heat's biggest weakness was their guards Wade/Chalmers/Cole who simply ran out of gas and were shooting like NBA 2k players in all red..
The year before that Heat exposed Spurs weakness, they cant hang against more athletic teams..
This year rockets over dependence on freethrows and generally soft defense got exposed. We will see about Warriors tonight.

Cavs exposed that Bulls offense usually sucks but more particularly how their d has slipped since previous seasons. Bulls exposed Blatt's shit coaching as their d pressured Cavs into boring isolation play which proved inefficient because of fatigue.

Bytor Peltor 05.13.2015 11:21 AM

Clippers @ Rockets Game Five

The Houston Rockets NEVER lost three games in a row during the regular season......last nights victory kept this from happening in the post season.

CP3 & Griffin combined for 21-37 FG (57%), 52 points. Rest of Clips: 17-54 FG (31%), 51 points. Clippers were 9-35 on 3's in Game 5, the most they've missed in a game all season.....Rockets led by at least 12 points the entire second half.

Big Props to McHale for inserting Josh Smith into the starting lineup and putting him on Griffin. Not sure if it will work tomorrow night, I was just happy to see McHale shake something up.

James Harden wasn't feeling well all day, had IV in the afternoon, played a great game and had his first ever postseason triple double: 26 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists.

Rockets live to fight another day:

Bytor Peltor 05.14.2015 11:42 AM

Not that it has any baring on the proceedings......in their Game Five victory, the Houston Rockets are the first team in NBA Post Season history to lose consecutive games by twenty or more points and then win a game by twenty or more points.

When facing elimination, the Rockets have never won a Game 6 on the road.

The Clippers have never reached the Conference Finals.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.14.2015 11:57 AM

Sorry Bytor, Clippers got this in their pocket. Rockets need (a) a REAL coach with a real system and (b) a bit more depth.

However I would not be surprised to see Houston make the Conference Finals next season, really this year they could have but Clippers decided to weirdly show up.

Rob Instigator 05.14.2015 01:02 PM

Honestly, watching all the games, the Clippers appear to be the "team of destiny." in this series. More power to them. The Rockets are playing great ball, but not enough to beat the clippers in 7

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.15.2015 12:20 AM

Wow.. propz to Rockets, looked like they were folding up like laundry day.. then go on 33-10 run in 4th...INSANE

_tunic_ 05.15.2015 01:08 AM

damn, how long ago did the game end? I could have gotten up way early and watched at least the 2nd half. (it's 8AM here now)

I do hope the Clippers will make it through to the next round

Bytor Peltor 05.15.2015 09:17 AM

Rockets @ Clippers Game Six

Flying dunks + spinning layups = 92-79 Clipper lead to start the 3rd period.
Less than ten minutes to play, Clippers were up 94-82.

Dwight Howard is the first player with 20 points / 20 rebounds in a road win when facing elimination since Shawn Kemp in 1997. This was the 6th 20-20 postseason game for Howard, his first as a Rocket......2nd most active player behind Tim Duncan's 10.

Before last night, the Rockets were 0-49 when starting the 4th quarter trailing by ten or more points.

Blake Griffin = zero 4th quarter points.
James Harden = did not play in the 4th quarter.

Trailing by 19 points with two minutes reaming in the third quarter to winning by 12 = 31 point turnaround.

Who let Matt Barnes raid the first-aid kit:

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.15.2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Who let Matt Barnes raid the first-aid kit:

hahahaha.. maybe Harden's mama hooked him up?

Bytor Peltor 05.15.2015 11:55 PM

Top Five Teams In Postseason Three Pointers Made

1. Rockets
2. Warriors
3. Clippers
4. Cavs
5. Hawks

Rob Instigator 05.16.2015 02:01 AM

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CCYQMygBMAE