Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sir Richard Bishop & His Freak of Araby Ensemble (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=29818)

atsonicpark 03.16.2009 01:04 PM

Sir Richard Bishop & His Freak of Araby Ensemble

Sir Richard Bishop has just completed a groundbreaking album entitled The Freak of Araby, which sees him revisiting his Middle Eastern roots. Electric guitar, Moroccan chanters, bass, and heavy percussion are the instruments of choice for this one. Half of the songs on this new release are original pieces by SRB and the remaining half consists of traditional North African folk songs as well as compositions by Elias Rahbani, Mohamed Abdel Wahab, and others. The new LP will be released by Drag City on May 26, 2009 and a US tour will begin around the same time. This will be the first tour ever by SRB to feature a full band. Tour dates will be announced soon.

http://www.myspace.com/sirrichardbishop

....the songs samples are amazing.

Somewhereout there, fugazifan is creaming his pants.

Derek 03.16.2009 01:26 PM

OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh OOOOOooooooOOOOOOh

atsonicpark 03.16.2009 01:27 PM

Yeah, my brain exploded.

Derek 03.16.2009 01:29 PM

I bet this will be record of 09.

atsonicpark 03.16.2009 01:37 PM

It'll definitely be one of the best, if the rest of the album is as good as these 4 songs.

I just read James Blackshaw is also working on a new disc, it's coming out through Young God Records sometime this spring, I think it's being produced by Michael Gira actually. This year is going to be awesome.

Derek 03.16.2009 01:40 PM

The past few years have been amazing for music I think! So many great acts and albums I think. This year will definitely be the best of this decade hopefuly.

fugazifan 03.16.2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Somewhereout there, fugazifan is creaming his pants.

hahahaha

(its true)

this album looks like it'll be amazing
cant wait

narlus 03.16.2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
It'll definitely be one of the best, if the rest of the album is as good as these 4 songs.

I just read James Blackshaw is also working on a new disc, it's coming out through Young God Records sometime this spring, I think it's being produced by Michael Gira actually. This year is going to be awesome.

i've got a video of him playing one of his new songs...i'll upload it tonight...

yeah, rick's new thing is gonna be great...full band = :D

narlus 03.20.2009 07:46 AM

June 17th at the Middle East. :D

fugazifan 03.20.2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narlus
June 17th at the Middle East. :D

shit, im so going to miss that. if only it would be a month or two later...

narlus 03.20.2009 11:43 AM

well, i just noticed yr location is Jerusalem...i was referring The Middle East, which is a club w/ two stages in cambridge MA.

fugazifan 03.20.2009 05:03 PM

i know. im originally from springfield MA.
and i visit boston once a year (have family in newton, amherst and acton) and my brother goes to school in lowell

batreleaser 03.20.2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
and i visit boston once a year (have family in newton, amherst and acton) and my brother goes to school in lowell

my mother grew up in agawam. once a year? youre an ho9ur and a half, tops, outside the city.

anyways, yeah im seeing them with oaxacan in april. stoked, oaxacan is pretty fucking amazing free skronk rawk as well. They remind me of what i wanted vampire belt to sound like when i first heard them.

narlus 03.20.2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan

well, i wasn't sure.

i grew up in wilbraham.

go Pioneer Valley.

fugazifan 03.21.2009 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narlus
well, i wasn't sure.

i grew up in wilbraham.

go Pioneer Valley.

hells yeah!
i might be in mass in a few weeks. but im not sure

Derek 04.11.2009 07:04 AM

I can't find it... tell me when it finishes downloading and I'll download it off you.

atsonicpark 04.11.2009 08:48 AM

doo doo.

Derek 04.11.2009 01:41 PM

tabs?

narlus 04.13.2009 09:06 PM

thanks for the upload, enjoying this right now.

narlus 06.17.2009 01:09 PM

tonight!