Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   typical sonic youth love post (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1232)

alyasa 04.24.2006 11:05 AM

typical sonic youth love post

Sonic youth taught me evrything i know about life. I heard them first in 1992; when i was 12. Dirty blew my mind and my mind has been continually blown ever since by sy and the music. i can't believe how much 4 ppl i've never met or even seen in real life, ( i live in singapore ) can affect my life in such a big way, but i guess they 'are' living legends.

Just had to rant and rave. where better than on the official sonic youth message boards? :)

marleypumpkin 04.24.2006 11:13 AM

Those are pretty much my feelings towards SY. They are the only band that teaches you more than just music. I can't describe it. They really have uplifted me in a spiritual way. I can never thank them enought for what they've done for me & my life. Jah Bless Sonic Youth

alyasa 04.24.2006 11:15 AM

and kim gordon rocks.

alyasa 04.24.2006 11:20 AM

they have a special place in this world, in this life, i know it. they've done too much, accomplished more than any other band out there, single-handedly reinvented rock music, battled critics and detractors and still managed to charm the socks of anyone who's ever heard of them... truly my cultish devotional personality traits are only exacerbated by such deitylike indiviuals. i wonder sometimes; they sound always sincere, never forced; every lyric is a truth; every note is a revelation... why are they so good?

Inhuman 04.24.2006 11:22 AM

It's definately the most influential band that I've ever heard. They've done so much in my musical preference and evolved it into something I'll be able to appreciate more than anything I have ever listened to before. Not only are they one of my favorite bands, but also a key segway into other bands such as Wolf Eyes, Hair Police, and the Flaming Lips.

alyasa 04.24.2006 11:28 AM

they've really made the "music first" ethic a part of their lives... here is a band that have worked harder and made more music than probably all the other bands in the top 40 charts right now... and they still manage to come up with something fresh and original every time... it's almost become like a cliche... trust sonic youth, they'll always come up with something good. when i heard their next album was coming out and it was their last geffen album and it was (at the time) to be titled 'sonic life'; i thot how appropriate; a lfe of sonics; music first; always.

alyasa 04.24.2006 11:34 AM

hail, hail sonic youth, may your life be always blessed with love :)

FruitLoop 04.24.2006 12:44 PM

thanks to them I've discovered the joy of weird fucked tunings and noise. Totally changed my way of playing guitar, and so much money spent replacing broken strings. Best therapy ever, much much better than any antidepressant I've been on.

alyasa 04.24.2006 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FruitLoop
thanks to them I've discovered the joy of weird fucked tunings and noise. Totally changed my way of playing guitar, and so much money spent replacing broken strings. Best therapy ever, much much better than any antidepressant I've been on.

tell me about the noise.. :) the only good thing that has ever happened in my life; and that's saying something... hehex

krastian 04.24.2006 02:47 PM

You make me feel so crazy.....
You make me feel so good

marleypumpkin 04.24.2006 02:50 PM

"You make me feel soo good
You make me feel soo crazy"

"Death poems for the living God's of America"

Sonic Youth: THE BEST BAND EVER ASSEMBLED!

terminal pharmacy 04.24.2006 05:34 PM

ive said this before but they are the most important band of the 20th century, i cannot think of any other band at all that would or could deserve this title

Daycare Nation 04.24.2006 06:38 PM

You could probably say that about The Velvet Underground.

nomadicfollower 04.24.2006 06:40 PM

Iii Looovvee Soonnniicc Youuuttthh Tooooo

holy-reverb!! 04.24.2006 08:13 PM

hail sonics!

schizophrenicroom 04.24.2006 08:41 PM

hail!

_slavo_ 04.25.2006 02:41 AM

I tried to think about writing something extraordinary and witty, but no. The only thing that would be appropriate to say is:

"I love this band"

A Thousand Threads 04.25.2006 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I tried to think about writing something extraordinary and witty, but no. The only thing that would be appropriate to say is:

"I love this band"

well said

Fox 04.25.2006 12:52 PM

Sonic Youth est tout simplement le meilleur groupe que j'ai jamais connu...

SONIC LIFE

Trasher02 04.25.2006 01:06 PM

C'est vrai

Sonic Peace (yeah i think it's time for something new)