Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.04.2018 02:56 AM

Severian 11.04.2018 10:28 AM

I have sucked at procuring and going after new/previously unheard music lately. Scrolling through this page, I don’t recognize a lot of the covers I’m seeing. :(

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.04.2018 01:24 PM

The Soup Nazi 11.04.2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I have sucked at procuring and going after new/previously unheard music lately. Scrolling through this page, I don’t recognize a lot of the covers I’m seeing. :(

I don't think that would cause Mr. Sweatpants to worry. :D Where is NR, anyway? I picture him in his sweatpants, sitting on the couch in his basement, catching up on his soaps while spooning some sort of cereal...

Severian 11.04.2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
I don't think that would cause Mr. Sweatpants to worry. :D Where is NR, anyway? I picture him in his sweatpants, sitting on the couch in his basement, catching up on his soaps while spooning some sort of cereal...

I dunno. He’s ghosting me.

The Soup Nazi 11.04.2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

I dunno. He’s ghosting me.

Nah, lots of things can drive a cat to get off the matrix for a while. For instance, sitting on the couch in their basement, catching up on their soaps while spooning some sort of cereal...

Severian 11.04.2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Nah, lots of things can drive a cat to get off the matrix for a while. For instance, sitting on the couch in their basement, catching up on their soaps while spooning some sort of cereal...

He loves dependable songs and dependable sweats but not good old dependable Severian.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.05.2018 01:11 PM

Severian 11.05.2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

Fucking METAL.

Bytor Peltor 11.07.2018 05:01 PM

Various Artist - Venus Attacks......female noise comp

The Soup Nazi 11.07.2018 06:08 PM

Quote:

Fucking METAL.

I hate metal. Hate it. And yet I dig Sabbath from their self-titled to Vol. 4. And I like Motörhead's Ace Of Spades too. So... I don't really hate metal? :confused:

Severian 11.07.2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

I hate metal. Hate it. And yet I dig Sabbath from their self-titled to Vol. 4. And I like Motörhead's Ace Of Spades too. So... I don't really hate metal? :confused:

I kinda hate almost metal too.

Love first several Sabbath albums and Motörhead and shit like early Metallica and Slayer and some WITTR and new shöehäzë metal (lol) like Deafheaven and The Body (sometimes).

But I’m definitely not a metal “dude.”

Is Sleep Metal?
Sleep fucking kills.

The Soup Nazi 11.07.2018 06:43 PM

Yeah, no, Metallica I fucking HATE, ain't confused about that.

Severian 11.07.2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Yeah, no, Metallica I fucking HATE, ain't confused about that.

Bah. Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are essential, son.

!@#$%! 11.07.2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Bah. Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are essential, son.

the problem with metallica is they had to open their fucking mouths instead of shutting the fuck up and playing their instruments

actually that’s the problem with a lot of bands

Savage Clone 11.07.2018 09:40 PM

Sabbath and Motorhead are both hard rock bands, even though they both had profound influence on metal. Hard Rock. Lemmy was pretty insistent about referring to Motorhead as a rock and roll band.

Savage Clone 11.07.2018 09:45 PM

I think the first band that may have been referred to as heavy metal in the Press was actually Sir Lord Baltimore of all things.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.08.2018 03:18 AM

Quote:

Give bands like ISIS or Jesu a try perhaps. There's so much in metal to love l. My favorite genre.

Quote:

I kinda hate almost metal too.

Love first several Sabbath albums and Motörhead and shit like early Metallica and Slayer and some WITTR and new shöehäzë metal (lol) like Deafheaven and The Body (sometimes).

But I’m definitely not a metal “dude.”

Is Sleep Metal?
Sleep fucking kills.

Sleep is stoner metal and its amazing

demonrail666 11.08.2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Sabbath and Motorhead are both hard rock bands, even though they both had profound influence on metal. Hard Rock. Lemmy was pretty insistent about referring to Motorhead as a rock and roll band.

Yeah, Sabbath were obviously a key influence on Metal but Priest brought all the elements together to really create that 'classic' Metal sound. Rapid Fire off the British Steel album marks a real break for me between Heavy/Hard Rock and what most people would immediately recognise as Heavy Metal.

Or put another way. It's possible to like Sabbath without liking most Heavy Metal but you couldn't say you like Judas Priest but don't generally like Heavy Metal.

Severian 11.08.2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the problem with metallica is they had to open their fucking mouths instead of shutting the fuck up and playing their instruments

actually that’s the problem with a lot of bands

Agree