Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

Grete 04.02.2006 02:42 PM

(ahahahah it's quite funny this photo..i'm so serious!!)

qprogeny79 04.02.2006 03:03 PM

ryan.

presumably i should fill up the following space with an incessant litany of lists i refuse to you would know no more about me if i did that than if i didnt for i am not defined by anything that can be listed i am not listed i am not categorized defy categorization for i.
define.
myself.

i am the only sane man on the planet i am the only lost child the one true mind the one muddled soul i am but one i am the great one incarnate but all in all i am one.

i have reasoned everything and experienced nothing i have experienced an empty revelation devoid of substance and form and the great task of my existence is to give it form to flesh out the white spots and become complete.

i question i question for nothing is beyond question i question with the grand tower of reason backed up by no experience i question though i know nothing i question.

to err is human i err i am error i have corrected myself though no existence comes with an eraser i define and redefine and consequently the volumes in which my life is written are filled with strikeout though at least i am written though incomplete imperfect and a process at least (be happenstance thanked!)

I AM.

hey alex 04.02.2006 09:15 PM

i just now realized i posted those pictures in the wrong thread... but I think it was actually the board acting up.

val-holla-ing 04.03.2006 12:24 AM

i'm jeremy
i'm a virgo
i play laptop and saxophone
i like to dance
i like funky shoes and have an addiction for buying rare records
i make sandwiches, noise, and dj's for a living

that's me and my lady.

noumenal 04.03.2006 12:32 AM

val-holla-ing, you work at KLSU? You should get me a job. Seriously.

val-holla-ing 04.03.2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noumenal
val-holla-ing, you work at KLSU? You should get me a job. Seriously.

if you're a full time student we may be able to work something out, seeing as i just had to fire a dj earlier today.

Shaka Moloch 04.04.2006 02:02 PM

title

chuck norris 04.04.2006 02:36 PM

Name: JD
Residence: Holland
Interests: Poprock music, Bowie, Reed, SY, books, art magazines
Fav films: Ice Age, Ed Wood, Crying Game, Angel Heart, Mars Attacks, As Good As It Gets, Antz, Todo Sobre Mi Madre, etc..

http://us.a1.yahoofs.com/users/42710...IEtMEBigitDjvx

ploesj 04.05.2006 11:46 AM

well, my name is anneke but most call me ploesj.. i like drawing and listening music and i have no idea what to write here :)

thats me

Grete 04.05.2006 12:08 PM

welcome!;-)

Katy 04.07.2006 08:10 PM

My name is Katy. Hello!

Guess the rest.

schizophrenicroom 04.08.2006 11:21 PM

hey new people!

HaydenAsche 04.08.2006 11:34 PM

Hey n00bs. Welcome to hell.

terminal pharmacy 04.09.2006 07:20 PM

You might remember me from such boards as...

The old sonic board but anyway. I'm Drew 32 Adelaide, South Australia. Musician and Sound Engineer. Musician of the experimental kind for experimental theatre and sound engineer for major art centre in Australia.

Love reading, Love music, Love all art forms really.

PunkerViolence 04.10.2006 05:00 PM

Hey...im pretty new here....My name is alex, im 16 yrs old.....Live in London.

Favorite bands at the mo: Placebo, SY, Beat happening, NoFX, Radiohead, Flaming lips, Less than jake, King Crimson, Dinosaur, Uncle Iggy (pop), Smashing pumpkins....Screaming trees.....changes every day

I love art, being creative, playing music, lisening to music, watching live music, psychedellia, Shrooms, feedback, making out with my girl, drinking, partying......and then resting. Not much...

RIPfrey05 04.11.2006 09:11 PM

fuck you all with a 2X4 varnished in shit

samantha. 04.13.2006 02:19 AM

I actually registered ages ago, but this will be my first post. My name is Samantha, which is made obvious by my username. I'm 16 and I live in Sydney, Australia...my favourite bands/artists at the moment (other than Sonic Youth) are The Velvet Undeground, Bjork, Love, m.i.a., Joy Division, Stereolab, My Bloody Valentine and Funkadelic. I'm too sick to continue with this, so this will just have to do.

sonicpollution 04.13.2006 07:18 PM

Allow me to introduce myself...

I am Jason, aka sonicpollution

I'm 19, and a bored college student/experimental musician.

I posted once in a blue moon on the old board, so there's slim chance I might be remembered by someone, though I doubt it.

samuel 04.13.2006 07:23 PM

Hey Jason
and hey Samantha! :]

Torn Curtain 04.16.2006 03:34 PM

Nicolas
29, from a little village in France

I like SY (off course), Tim Buckley, Nick Drake, Neil Young, David Bowie, Serge Gainsbourg, Scott Walker, Tom Waits, The Stooges, Can, Television, Joy Division, The Smiths, The Cure, Talk Talk, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, The Notwist, Björk, Beth Orton, An Pierlé, Laura Veirs, Blonde Redhead, and so on...

I've played guitar for 14 years.