Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Best feature of the new forum? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=359)

Hip Priest 03.27.2006 06:20 PM

Best feature of the new forum?

We've had time to think about this important issue now, and we've reached the juncture where opinions should be stated.

So vote.

And tell us about it.

Glice 03.27.2006 06:25 PM

Polls. Definitely the polls. Adds an extra dimension to the vacuous nonsense that gets talked here.

!@#$%! 03.27.2006 06:25 PM

it has to be the ability to ignore annoying posts/people

one click and they disappear from your (own particular) universe

kinda like what i do every day w/ ashlee simpson (?)

hah

2nd has to be forum sections. keeping the drama confined to a single post is awesome.

ah, i should change my vote to put this first. too late!

HaydenAsche 03.27.2006 06:27 PM

I dig the ignore function too. No more Marley!

Hip Priest 03.27.2006 06:28 PM

Any excuse, eh?

I went for polls, surprisingly. :rolleyes:

Hip Priest 03.27.2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Polls. Definitely the polls. Adds an extra dimension to the vacuous nonsense that gets talked here.

Precisely. Even the most inane of topics acquires a certain gravitas when backed up with statistics.

krastian 03.27.2006 07:43 PM

I like the polls.

HaydenAsche 03.27.2006 07:49 PM

I also enjoy the way you can make it look like the old forum.

chabib 03.27.2006 08:07 PM

i like how i can actually implement people's suggestions now that i have control over the board's code.

schizophrenicroom 03.27.2006 08:26 PM

I like everything.

strayslack 03.27.2006 08:31 PM

God...A bit confusing at first glance..

Hi there!

Spiritual Amnesia 03.28.2006 04:37 AM

i love polls

pokkeherrie 03.28.2006 05:53 AM

not sure yet what the best thing is about this board... but it's better than the old board for sure.
the worst thing of the new board are the lame smilies i guess.

jon boy 03.28.2006 06:01 AM

although this board is very good with all its new features etc, i do prefer the old board. it was much simpler.

Magublafix 03.28.2006 06:06 AM

The Avatars

Hip Priest 03.28.2006 06:07 AM

I do know what you mean actually. I still have great affection for the set-up there, but what helped me switch totally to here (and come to appreciate it fully) was all the bitterness and nastiness that took over the old board once this one was here. I love ithere now, and the polls and forum sections are excellent stuff, I think.

jon boy 03.28.2006 10:50 AM

i would also like to add that it helps me avoid some of the most irrelivant and annoying baord members and their boring retorical threads about the mundaness of life.

the flipside to this doudle edged swordcoin is that i miss some of the people who's opinion i would like to see.

truncated 03.28.2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i would also like to add that it helps me avoid some of the most irrelivant and annoying baord members and their boring retorical threads about the mundaness of life.

the flipside to this doudle edged swordcoin is that i miss some of the people who's opinion i would like to see.

I'm a HUGE fan of the quote function.

I would ignore those I find annoying, but I feed off their disease. I find that my senseless hatred keeps me sharp in my everyday existence.

Hip Priest 03.28.2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
I'm a HUGE fan of the quote function.

Me too. I tried not to leave anything really good out, but this should have been in, no question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
I would ignore those I find annoying, but I feed off their disease. I find that my senseless hatred keeps me sharp in my everyday existence.

I think, ultimately, the ignore function will be little used, as people kind of enjoy the banter they indulge in with posters they dislike. If I'd used the ignore function, I would have missed out on at least one very big, derisive laugh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I also enjoy the way you can make it look like the old forum.

That is quite good for a bit of nostalgia.

truncated 03.28.2006 11:03 AM

I don't even get how reputation points work. Do you just stay at ten?