Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sleepin Around (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33916)

pinkstation 08.25.2009 09:05 PM

Sleepin Around

This song is always stuck in my head and I hate it.

Probably one of my least favorite SY songs, and for that matter I think Thurston sounds really creepy throughout it.

That's about all I got.

noisereductions 08.25.2009 09:07 PM

It's definitely my least favorite on RR. The only one I skip.

samuel 08.25.2009 09:07 PM

I think everyone agrees... it would be really, really cool with better lyrics.

pinkstation 08.25.2009 09:11 PM

AHHH for like 3 weeks since i listen to RR last my head has just been:

"sleepin around, sleeping around what will they neighbors think?"
then
"..always ends up in a fight"

probably the worst lyrics by them ive ever heard

samuel 08.25.2009 09:13 PM

Yeah, I think the song is pretty ace otherwise.

Even my mom made fun of it one day while we were driving. She started singing "Drivin' the car, drivin' the car, what would the neighbors say?" It was pretty hilarious.

pinkstation 08.25.2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuel
Yeah, I think the song is pretty ace otherwise.

Even my mom made fun of it one day while we were driving. She started singing "Drivin' the car, drivin' the car, what would the neighbors say?" It was pretty hilarious.

hahahahah thats great

Anngella 08.25.2009 09:23 PM

My mom made fun of Drunken Butterfly when I played it in the car a few years ago.

I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOu~~!~@

samuel 08.25.2009 09:26 PM

moms... :rolleyes:

infinitemusic 08.25.2009 10:13 PM

I completely agree. Stuck in head and annoying. The worst combination. Once in Jr. high I had this shitty Britney Spears song stuck in my head for weeks. I swear to God.

dirty bunny 08.25.2009 10:37 PM

it is catchy but I like it. I'm gonna put it on a mix cd

BushIsAPsycho 08.25.2009 11:15 PM

yes speaking of moms I remember I bought NYC ghosts and flowers the day it came out and I was so excited but when I got home we had to have dinner and I couldn't wait to listen to it so I played the CD while we were eating and she really hated it but I loved it

Satan 08.25.2009 11:20 PM

i havent listened to rather ripped in three years and im listening to it again and it's actually alright. but that song has absolutely the worst lyrics. and i still hate reena. violently.

rats and pink steam are great.

i <3 helen lundeberg.

fugazifan 08.25.2009 11:36 PM

really? i bought the RR without the bonus tracks and only a few months downloaded those two tracks and thought that they were incredibly under par, even by RR standards.
reena is great and pink steam and jams run free arre really good songs. and insinirate gives me warm feelings of nostalgia for the summer of 06.
other than that i dont really listen to much of the album. eternal is way beter.
and yes sleeping around is their blandest song. although it does have one of their only "proper" guitar solos.

Satan 08.25.2009 11:42 PM

the eternal is kind of like RR part two

dionysusundone 08.25.2009 11:48 PM

I can actually listen to RR only if I pretend it's another band. It came on shuffle on my ipod in the car the other day and it was really nice for a summer drive.

infinitemusic 08.26.2009 12:11 AM

I can't really comment on how I feel about RR as a whole because I haven't really listened to it that many times, but I really don't care. I feel like there are a million albums I would probably appreciate more and are more worthy of appreciation (if that makes sense) if I gave them the time it would take to get into RR. It's just boring. I like the songs, I mean, they're all laid back, acceptable, catchy pop songs and there are a few that strike me as interesting. But so what?

nicfit 08.26.2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan
the eternal is kind of like RR part two

No way!

(pun intended).

But really, besides a couple of track, they're reeeeeally different imo.

Satan 08.26.2009 12:31 AM

kind of like

SuperCreep 08.26.2009 12:46 AM

I'm torn between this one and Lights Out as far as my least-favorite SY song is concerned.

Theremin 08.26.2009 12:50 AM

What a waste is worse. Reena is pretty bad as well, and Rats is whitout a doubt the blandest Ranaldo-song in their catalogue.
Though RR has it's moments: Incinerate, Rapture, Jams Run Free.