Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mix Tapes Round 7 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10276)

porkmarras 02.28.2007 07:50 AM

I haven't taped mine yet.I'll try doing one this weekend.The idea is of not using something musical per se but to put recordings of objects and envoirements that might have accidental musical qualities to them.

Danny Himself 02.28.2007 01:08 PM

To great disappointment, I can't take part in this month's swap. I've had no time to even think about making a tape recently- sorry dudez. I'll take part in next month's swap with some new ideas hopefully.

By the way, who's hosting next month's round? Joel? You? Me? Brian?

Пятхъдесят Шест 02.28.2007 04:24 PM

Glice, your tape has found its way through the maze of peanut butter lids, and was in my mailbox today. What a brave tape it is! Hooray.

Round 8 shall be mine as well. Unless someone objects?

The benefit of hosting the swap, is being able to listen to all the tapes, should I want to.

Glice 02.28.2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
By the way, who's hosting next month's round? Joel? You? Me? Brian?

Who are these people? Psuedonyms darling, we use psuedonyms here.

Пятхъдесят Шест 02.28.2007 04:26 PM

Not to be critical or anything, but its BrYan.

Danny Himself 02.28.2007 06:16 PM

Be thankful I didn't type 'Brain'.

Пятхъдесят Шест 02.28.2007 07:37 PM

It would not be the first time someone called me brain.

Ha ha.

Ha.

Пятхъдесят Шест 03.03.2007 03:14 PM

I came home last night, after heavy drinking, but not too much, just the right amount. Needed a musical selection, and popped in your tape Glice. Off the chain, it is.

PM me the track list, if you will. In case I decide to not keep it, I'll have to know who some of the artists are.

Glice 03.03.2007 03:35 PM

What round are we on? Was this the percussion one?

Edit: Ok, I'm actually going to read through the rest of the thread rather than troubling someone else. I'm feeling a little delicate today, my apologies.

Пятхъдесят Шест 03.03.2007 03:38 PM

For a moment, you even confused me.

Yes, percussion heavy! And wonderful.

nomadicfollower 03.03.2007 07:17 PM

A shame: Looks like I won't be able to join in this round. Next time hopefully.

Пятхъдесят Шест 03.03.2007 10:21 PM

Bummer! I know your tape would have been killer.

Joaquim 03.04.2007 05:27 PM

shit. i forgot to make mine.

Пятхъдесят Шест 03.05.2007 10:47 PM

So I got Sonicl's tape today. That makes two.

Whats going on folks?
How many of you are sending, have sent, will not send, forgot to send....whatever?

finding nobody 03.05.2007 11:28 PM

Dude, I won't be able to send my tape(s) until this Saterday. Is it even worth sending, or should just wait until next month?
My sincerest apologies

Danny Himself 03.06.2007 12:00 PM

Only two tapes? Sheeee-it.

I think you should just roll this rounds tapes over into the next round.

Пятхъдесят Шест 03.06.2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
Dude, I won't be able to send my tape(s) until this Saterday. Is it even worth sending, or should just wait until next month?
My sincerest apologies

Thats fine, sending next week will be no problem, as only two tapes have come in so far, and it should be noted they both came from the UK. My fellow countrymen are slacking.

At the very least, it will be delayed. I know Pauly's will be late, and thats ok.

I'm not too sure what the status is of the other tapes. Heres looking at you Noumenal and Bytor.

It should also be mentioned I have have not made my tape yet.

Пятхъдесят Шест 03.07.2007 08:35 PM

Oh yeah. By the way, Bytor's tape came today. Three's Comapany.

Thanks for the birthday tape!!

noumenal 03.10.2007 01:32 PM

Hey, sorry about my tape not being there. I have the tracklist set and the files are in a folder just waiting to be recorded and the tape is just sitting there. I'm trying to finish my Master's Thesis and I am freaking out, sitting here all the time working on it. The earliest I'll be able to send it will be about a week from now, I'm turning my thesis in to my committee on the 16th, so I have a bout 2 weeks in between my defense and then I'll be humping it to get it ready for the graduate school. Sorry about this.

Пятхъдесят Шест 03.10.2007 02:01 PM

I'm only kidding when I poke fun at you guys slacking. No worries.

Everyone seemed to have a bit of a delay on their tape anyway, so the deadline was just for the sake of having a deadline.

I'm just about done with my tape, while we're talking about slacking.

One thing we've learned is that the English are very efficient.