Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   worst thing that's ever happened to you? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=34848)

atsonicpark 09.22.2009 09:37 AM

worst thing that's ever happened to you?

I already started the "most gun-in-your-mouth depressed you've ever been" thread, but what single traumatic event in your life do you think has personally influenced the person you are?

Obviously, I'm expecting plenty of responses like "I don't want to talk about that on here" or whatever, so I don't except you to reveal anything you'll regret, obviously. Still, I personally have nothing to hide, so...

There are many contenders for me, but the event that has shaped my life the most was probably: being abused and molested as a small child, by my stepmom. Hahaha. Seriously though -- I think this has had a profound affect on me, as I have gravitated towards abusive relationships for most of my adult life. It was very traumatic, probably in ways I have blocked out at this point, as it just seems like scenes from a movie instead of something that actually happened since it was so long ago. I finally had the courage to speak up, after about a year of this happening, and I told my real mom about it and so my mom naturally confronted my dad and stepmom about it, and my dad has chosen not to see me since. It's been 17 years since I've seen him, except at some funerals. I think this has helped me become a better person, all in all, because as you'll continue to read, my dad was not a very good person and being around him probably would have made me a dick (which, despite some insults hurled at my internet persona, isn't really who I am at all.. I'm a very loving, caring, friendly, warm person for the most part.. I'd do anything for anyone). Another awful thing that happened, also because of my dad, was my mom was raped by my him 6 weeks before I was born, forcing me to be born early. I've had tons of health problems from being born prematurely (I was only 3 pounds when I was born), including acid reflux and scoliosis (which is extremely rare in men). Also, and I don't remember this, I guess my dad held a loaded gun to my head when I was 3 years old, haha. That'd be an awesome scene for a movie, wouldn't it? Anyway, that's why my mom divorced him to begin with.

Fun stuff, eh? Now, you go!

Dead-Air 09.22.2009 09:42 AM

Mauled by a german shepherd when I was four. I still remember it clearly.

Better_Than_Deux 09.22.2009 09:48 AM

finding out i didnt have any trace amounts of vagina cancer last time i got a pap smear, &thus cannot have my baby making machine taken out untill i'm old and decrepid.

SONIC GAIL 09.22.2009 09:53 AM

When my mom died of Ovarian Cancer. I was 18 then.

SONIC GAIL 09.22.2009 09:57 AM

@atsonic: that shit sucks. I was lucky to have great parents and a somewhat functional family.

I know what you mean about blocking out shit and seeing it like a movie.
My life with my mom is a distant memory now. It's like I just watched it and wasn't really there.

Better_Than_Deux 09.22.2009 09:59 AM

now i feel like an asshole.
why do people feel compelled to share things like this with lots of people? i get that this board is a psuedo-community outlet, and i'm not trying to rag on you guys, but its also the internet which is basically a whole nother universe that anyone can tap into.

Why do you want personal things like this out for all kinds of people to see??

atsonicpark 09.22.2009 10:06 AM

Cuz it's interesting.

Satan 09.22.2009 10:08 AM

when my aunt died when i was little

SONIC GAIL 09.22.2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Better_Than_Deux
why do people feel compelled to share things like this with lots of people? i get that this board is a psuedo-community outlet, and i'm not trying to rag on you guys, but its also the internet which is basically a whole nother universe that anyone can tap into.

It is therapeutic. I was going to post that before you posted..but I got distracted with work. It fell behind yr post by chance. I will not post anything I wouldn't say to a stranger cause yr right some things everyone does not need access to.:)

Satan 09.22.2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Better_Than_Deux

oh baby, if only you knew some of the shit i don't talk about on here...

SONIC GAIL 09.22.2009 10:18 AM

^ I don't think we want to

Satan 09.22.2009 10:18 AM

it's for the better

notyourfiend 09.22.2009 10:20 AM

there is shit about my past that i'm okay with the public knowing about me because it has made me a stronger person. but for the most part, i tend to keep stuff private.

SONIC GAIL 09.22.2009 10:21 AM

^agreed. I only share when pertinent to the situation or if I think it could help someone

chicka 09.22.2009 10:23 AM

My buddy and I wrapped his ride around a T-Pole all downed out. I went through the windshield and back into the seat. Spent 3 1/2 hours on the table being stitch. I woke up in the morning pretty clueless, when I lifted the table up and saw my face in a mirror for the first time I wanted to die. I looked like Frankenstein. I had roughly 300 stitches in my face. My hair was all stringy and greasy looking from the dried up blood. Even with plastic surgery I was not able to get rid of a lot of them. One reason I've worn a beard my entire adult life. Never Ever thought I get a date again let alone get married. So never ever pull the trigger on your life.

Satan 09.22.2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicka
My buddy and I wrapped his ride around a T-Pole all downed out. I went through the windshield and back into the seat. Spent 3 1/2 hours on the table being stitch. I woke up in the morning pretty clueless, when I lifted the table up and saw my face in a mirror for the first time I wanted to die. I looked like Frankenstein. I had roughly 300 stitches in my face. My hair was all stringy and greasy looking from the dried up blood. Even with plastic surgery I was not able to get rid of a lot of them. One reason I've worn a beard my entire adult life. Never Ever thought I get a date again let alone get married. So never ever pull the trigger on your life.

whoa.

you are a very brave soul. i admire you.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 09.22.2009 10:29 AM

Running out of Tequila

tesla69 09.22.2009 10:33 AM

I just learned last night my apartment building may be condemned due to loss of structural integrity.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 09.22.2009 10:38 AM

p.s. I was just kidding

Also, nothing too traumatic has happened to me
Except maybe losing 11 friends in the past 5 years
But I'm okay now
I used to get a bit paranoid about dying because of it

But yeah, I don't really have the right to complain and say I've had it bad
Because the truth is, I haven't

Satan 09.22.2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
Running out of Tequila