Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

Savage Clone 10.04.2014 02:55 PM

New Yob
New Goat

Both well worth it on initial spins.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.04.2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

That record is a fucking masterpiece and I also totally forgot Pac had a Jesus piece tatted on his arm..

I bought but I won't listen to it till after the show next week, I want to be surprised

tw2113 10.05.2014 12:32 AM

Just placed an order for http://www.discogs.com/Carice-van-Ho...elease/4012782

tw2113 10.05.2014 01:33 AM

In regards to vinyl, this is pretty much all I have right now. Updated tonight.

http://www.discogs.com/user/tw2113/collection

Bytor Peltor 10.05.2014 09:49 PM

I thought we had a Discogs thread, but I can't find it???

Big props on that Billy Squire vinyl. I have the vinyl from his first band, Piper.

I'm curious how that Mott The Hopple record......how is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
In regards to vinyl, this is pretty much all I have right now. Updated tonight.

http://www.discogs.com/user/tw2113/collection

tw2113 10.05.2014 10:24 PM

Honestly, regarding Mott? Bought used, not likely pristine condition, and barely listened to. I have a lot of these I should give another spin to.

Some of them I bought on artist name alone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

Big props on that Billy Squire vinyl. I have the vinyl from his first band, Piper.

I'm curious how that Mott The Hopple record......how is it?

Rob Instigator 10.08.2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
That record is a fucking masterpiece and I also totally forgot Pac had a Jesus piece tatted on his arm..

Hell yeah. All your talk about Pac got me in a mood and when I saw this on sale at the record store QUADRUPLE VINYL, for just $20 in pristine condition????? sheeeiit. Already spun it thrice!

Great great

The record store clerk was quite upset that whoever stocked the vinyl did not notify them of this being out there.

Bytor Peltor 10.08.2014 05:20 PM

YES - revisiting past purchases can be a true treat! I don't recall seeing that Mott album and was just curious. Over the past couple of years I've been adding past Mott, Kinks, T. Rex and Procol Harum albums to the collection when I stumble across them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
Honestly, regarding Mott? Bought used, not likely pristine condition, and barely listened to. I have a lot of these I should give another spin to.

Some of them I bought on artist name alone.

Mortte Jousimo 10.10.2014 06:36 AM

Quote:

YES - revisiting past purchases can be a true treat! I don't recall seeing that Mott album and was just curious. Over the past couple of years I've been adding past Mott, Kinks, T. Rex and Procol Harum albums to the collection when I stumble across them.

I´ve got All the Young Dudes, Mott & the Hoople from Mott the Hoople, First, Shine On Brightly, Salty Dog, Home, Grand Hotel & Procol´s Ninth from Procol & Kinda Kinks. Not any album from T. Rex. All of them are not my greatest favourites, but I like them a lot! Should buy someday those earlier Hooples´s...

_tunic_ 10.11.2014 12:04 PM

Chantal Acda live EP
6 songs
very nice, sort of slowcore
you might know her from Sleepingdog, Isbells or True Bypass
the bassist is in dEUS
the guitarist is in Isbells
the drummer is in various projects, such as Tape Cuts Tape

hirsute_biped 10.11.2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

I don't remember one, but I've been in and out of here. That would be fun. I still have to enter about half of myself and the missus' collection onto the site, but here it is so far:

http://www.discogs.com/user/sabbath_rehash/collection

Mortte Jousimo 10.12.2014 12:40 AM

I don`t think I ever have enough time or patience to make a discogs sites from my vinyl & cd-collection...

jessiehawkins 10.12.2014 03:37 AM

well, i am quite lazy for this...i usually prefer to take from my friends for a day or two and give it back after listening..
why

Severian 10.16.2014 05:48 PM

Kikogaku Moyo - Forest of Lost Children
(Some pretty dope psych rock here. The name translates to "Geometric Patterns" and that's how they're listed on Bandcamp. But I prefer the Japanese name. Apparently these guys put on one hell of a show. Their album should be "officially" out by now, but maybe not. Either way, I have it and I'm liking it quite a bit.)

Goat - Commune
(A bit overrated to tell you the truth, but still fun. I don't think SubPop is having its best year... Lots of ok records, and very few great ones. Right now only Shabazz Palaces and Avi Buffalo come to mind as being “great.” This record is good like Fölakzoid's II was good. It's satisfying, but it fails to achieve much in the way of real greatness.)

And some others. I don't have time to list all the shit I buy. I think I need a 12-step program.

Severian 10.16.2014 06:43 PM

That's what discogs is? I always thought it was a database of discographies... But it sounds like it might actually be a social media homepage thing based on the music collections of the users. ??

If that's what it is, I've got my work cut out for me. Anyone who knows me would laugh in my face at the futility of entering my entire music collection into a website. But it might be a helpful for my blogging efforts, which lack some crucial components that I have yet to identify.

Hmmm...

tw2113 10.16.2014 11:51 PM

I only cared about entering my vinyl collection. Don't care that much to do CD as well.

Mortte Jousimo 10.16.2014 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
That's what discogs is? I always thought it was a database of discographies... But it sounds like it might actually be a social media homepage thing based on the music collections of the users. ??

If that's what it is, I've got my work cut out for me. Anyone who knows me would laugh in my face at the futility of entering my entire music collection into a website. But it might be a helpful for my blogging efforts, which lack some crucial components that I have yet to identify.

Hmmm...

I think you know you can also sell or/buy albums in discogs.

hirsute_biped 10.17.2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Hmmm...

It seems to be all of those things, and a marketplace. The OCD part of my brain just likes cataloging music.

Severian 10.17.2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I think you know you can also sell or/buy albums in discogs.

Why do you think I know that? Didn't I just make it clear that I knew next to nothing about the site/app/thingy/jobber in my last post?

;)

tw2113 10.17.2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Why do you think I know that? Didn't I just make it clear that I knew next to nothing about the site/app/thingy/jobber in my last post?

;)

well there goes my thoughts of your omniscience