Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rock N Roll Hall of Fame (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=116389)

lowery-1 12.14.2017 04:56 PM

Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

I have recently heard that Sonic Youth has not been inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Is this true? Please "say it ain't so"!! What the hell is this world coming to? The worlds greatest rock band doesn't get inducted into the Rock N Hall of Fame. This must be an error of some kind. A even more disturbing rumor I heard about SY. Is that early on in the bands history they considered the band name "Sonic Baby". Are any of these rumors true?

Rob Instigator 12.14.2017 05:12 PM

SY not in HoF is not a rumor. They have never had a gold record (500,000 in sales) so the assholes at Hall of Fame will never pay attention.

!@#$%! 12.14.2017 05:25 PM

wat da fuc is a hole of fame and who cares

Toilet & Bowels 12.15.2017 08:01 AM

Sonic Baby! Ha!

Rob Instigator 12.15.2017 09:17 AM

Originally Sonic Youth went by Sonic Toddler, NOT Sonic Baby

matmosphere 12.15.2017 09:31 AM

I heard their terrible twos were noisey as hell.

!@#$%! 12.16.2017 08:47 PM

abortions rule

sonikdeathmonkey 12.19.2017 02:39 PM

Any institution that "honors" Bon Jovi certainly won't acknowledge Sonic Youth, and frankly I don't give a f**k either way.

Not-So-Super 01.03.2018 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonikdeathmonkey
Any institution that "honors" Bon Jovi certainly won't acknowledge Sonic Youth, and frankly I don't give a f**k either way.

Amen.

sonikdeathmonkey 01.24.2018 03:35 PM

They just put Bon Jovi in, so I wouldn't hold my breath...

sonikdeathmonkey 01.24.2018 03:36 PM

OR, Public Enemy said it best, " Who Gives a F**k About a God Damn Grammy?"

Rob Instigator 12.13.2018 09:27 AM

Def Leppard, Stevie Nicks Janet Jackson

Radiohead, The Cure, Roxy Music and The Zombies.

fucking RADIOHEAD! fucking RADIOHEAD!!!!!!! what shit.

evollove 12.13.2018 10:03 AM

God I hate this shit.

The Cure didn't get in the last few years. Now, suddenly, they are worthy. It's not like they released anything recently to remind people they're great. WTF?

And neither Zombies nor Roxy were in already?

WTF?

Did I miss some Stevie Nicks masterpiece solo album?

Ug

And how come a bunch of bands who are clearly influenced by Pixies get in, but the Pixies themselves don't? That place doesn't even make historical sense.

What's really weird is there are people on the committee who aren't total fucking idiots, like Questlove and Anthony DeCurtis. I wonder if they actually hate being there.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 12.13.2018 10:58 AM

There's nothing less Rock N Roll than the concept of a Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

It's about as Rock N Roll as a Hard Rock Cafe

More like Hall of Shame, amirite?

Rob Instigator 12.13.2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
God I hate this shit.

The Cure didn't get in the last few years. Now, suddenly, they are worthy. It's not like they released anything recently to remind people they're great. WTF?

And neither Zombies nor Roxy were in already?

WTF?

Did I miss some Stevie Nicks masterpiece solo album?

Ug

And how come a bunch of bands who are clearly influenced by Pixies get in, but the Pixies themselves don't? That place doesn't even make historical sense.

What's really weird is there are people on the committee who aren't total fucking idiots, like Questlove and Anthony DeCurtis. I wonder if they actually hate being there.

The Cure was voted in on a FAN BALLOT, NOT by the voting committee.

The Zombies should have been in way long ago

Roxy Music (like much UK rock/pop) is not seen as worthy by the voters of the HOF, who are all a bunch of 70's stadium rock leftovers... They were also put in by fan ballot.

sonikdeathmonkey 12.14.2018 02:14 PM

Granted knowing the WHOLE thing is colossal s**t show based on who-knows-what, I have to offer up my 2 cents. Stevie Nicks had a solo "Career" really? A couple of so/so singles isn't a "Career." Janet Jackson had ONE good album, not in. And using Def Leppard in the same sentence with the Zombies & Roxy Music should offend any thinking person.

!@#$%! 12.14.2018 06:38 PM

cringeworthiest subject in this forum after sway in his bathtub

let's post no more & move on